[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game II

VERTi60

RA: APB themed Mafia Forum Game Interest Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play/participate in RA/APB Mafia Game before September? Would you be interested for a TS/voicechat short version too?

• Yes, I can join the forum game anytime and Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Yes, I can join the forum game anytime but No, I'm not interested to join TS/voicechat short version
    • No, I can't join the forum game anytime but Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Not interested
    • I would be interested, but for different game theme (post suggestion, but I might not have time to develop new theme before summer ends)
    • I would be interested, but for different time/place/rules (post suggestion for change)
    • hydra null vote (post suggestion/comment)
  2. 2. Proposal: Mandatory Voting - would you like to have mandatory voting system in next game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hydra - post suggestion
  3. 3. Are you able to participate in next game that could be launched next weeks in September?

• Yes
    • No

Okay but in all seriousness the day ends in 4,5 hours and the joke phase needs to end. I don't particularly desire to be lynched day 1 for the billionth time.

##unvote

##vote OWA for being quiet whilst not a newbie.

[Vote Cancel] Voe cancelled his/her vote on Nodlied!

[Vote Counted] Voe voted One Winged Angel to be lynched!

Fair is fair, although I'll be at work before too long, so...

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] Killing You cancelled his/her vote on Voe!

##unvote

Ok

##Unvote

[Vote Cancel] Nodlied cancelled his/her vote on Voe!

Time Left:
1 hours, 11 min, 18 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Isaac The Madd voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
One Winged Angel voted nobody
Voe voted One Winged Angel
1/10 votes casted so far
One Winged Angel has the most votes - 1

Actually, no, I won't. If I'm going to test Killing You's alignment without being a dick by lynching a newbie day 1, I'm going to go after the guys who I think should be catching on to what I (and possibly Voe) are catching on to, but aren't doing so.

However, given that activity has been so low and players have suggested this was a bad start time, should we propose an extension to Day 1?

Alright, I'm off to work so I'll just put out a vote and say that I'd be ok with a Day 1 extension if it happens.

##vote Chaos_Knight

##vote Chaos_Knight

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Chaos_Knight to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 hours, 59 min, 0 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted Chaos_Knight
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
2/10 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

Actually, no, I won't. If I'm going to test Killing You's alignment without being a dick by lynching a newbie day 1, I'm going to go after the guys who I think should be catching on to what I (and possibly Voe) are catching on to, but aren't doing so.

However, given that activity has been so low and players have suggested this was a bad start time, should we propose an extension to Day 1?

Alright, I'm off to work so I'll just put out a vote and say that I'd be ok with a Day 1 extension if it happens.

##vote Chaos_Knight

That wasn't very nice of you >_>

I guess I could return the favor.

##vote Cat5

Quite funny that you chose to try and off a vet AND one of the few people who even marked their existence on D1.

Not only that you are well-aware that I rarely if ever take part on D1 circle-jerk.

Death_Kitty is awful quiet. Maybe I'll toss a vote his way to wake him up.

##vote Death_Kitty

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Death_Kitty to be lynched!

##vote Chaos_Knight

That wasn't very nice of you >_>

I guess I could return the favor.

##vote Cat5

Quite funny that you chose to try and off a vet AND one of the few people who even marked their existence on D1.

Not only that you are well-aware that I rarely if ever take part on D1 circle-jerk.

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 hours, 21 min, 38 sec
CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted Category 5 Hurricane
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Death_Kitty
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
4/10 votes casted so far
4 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

I agree with Cat5 though, perhaps extending this day will help a bit.

Gamewise, however, I'm tossed between the scummyness of KY and Fraydo for his sudden ''let's wake newbies up'' vote. :v

:soviet:Lynch 1 Result
[Lynch Dice Result] Category 5 Hurricane was chosen to be lynched by the dice roll (1.92)
Although you tried to lynch Category 5 Hurricane, it appears this can't be done by no means necessary.
Don't slow now comrades, make the right decision tomorrow again, before more of our comrades are killed!

:soviet:NIGHT 1

y75bbSH.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
No time left
CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted Category 5 Hurricane
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Death_Kitty
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
4/10 votes casted so far
4 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

InB4 Cat5 is the service depot.

In any case, despite the lack of activity, I've seen some interesting actions during the final part of the day phase. Let's see where the night result will bring us.

Oh look at this! A day 1 where nobody was lynched, yet we gained a lot of potentially useful information!

Naturally you've learned that I was not able to be lynched. What that means, you can't be certain, and I won't tell you more about it except that I picked this role specifically since I figured that being the winner last game (...sort of) would make me a quick target this game. Didn't think it would be used this fast...but whatever!

Then there's a bit more that we can be reasonably sure is true based on voting patterns.

FRAYDO did not pick to vote for either OWA or Chaos_Knight when he could easily have voted for one of them to save the other, and passed it off easily for any reason. It's a decent bet that FRAYDO is not on a scum team with OWA or Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight similarly did not vote for OWA or Death_Kitty to save himself. Unless all three are scum and only Chaos_Knight's vote was on town, it is unlikely Chaos_Knight is on a scum team with OWA or Death_Kitty. (That odd scenario might have some merit, though....)

Nodlied is not on a scum team with OWA, Chaos_Knight, Death_Kitty, or myself. He didn't vote at all and any vote with 2 minutes to go would have been justifiable and certainly save his mate(s).

These should all hold true as long as potential scum players do not have lynch protection. Or something stupid like inactive scum players. (Which was a problem last game, if I recall...)

My previous post-mortems of mafia voting patterns suggest that when a group of people are tied for a vote and nobody breaks it, it is because none of the people who received votes were scum. A scum team can usually break any tie if it needs to. It could be that a scum member was on the list and no other scum player came online to vote for anybody to help. However, given the specific voting pattern we have here, it doesn't seem like any vote was to save one person or another.

My suspected scum team before the vote was Killing You, Chaos_Knight, and Nodlied (expecting a similar number of scum team to last game, which had the same number of players). I don't blame you for the counter-vote, Chaos. I sat there deliberating for a while before deciding on you instead of Nodlied. I suspected you because you said nothing of consequence, even though you were clearly around. I know you are a great player, so the fact that you didn't comment on Killing You's behavior at all made me think you were hoping people wouldn't notice. I'm less suspicious of you now, but only a bit. I also suspected Nodlied for the same reason as you, though he did at least have one comment about it and he hadn't replied to the answer Killing You gave his question. Given what happened after I returned to work, I wish I could have switched to Nodlied. Nodlied started the game with one of my favorite scum-tells of mass image posting. (Not a very reliable tell, mind you, however mass image posting fits the behavior of relaxed and experienced scum players who don't have much to worry about at the start of the game. Catalyst was the best example of this, in my opinion.) He may have also led Killing You to go after Voe as a "joke", or perhaps Voe's attractive personality did that on it's own. Furthermore, he soft-claimed as a unit for no reason at all. (Also a potential scum-tell.) Then when the game actually started, he turned into a tiny parrot who could say a lot of little lines that other people said but didn't follow up any of them with anything. He could have voted to essentially pick who to kill, and he himself had already laid out enough reason to vote for two people. To decide not to do so seems to me to be an indication of an unwillingness to make that decision and have a record for it and earn the label: Nodlied: The guy who picked the Day 1 town lynch and also risk the implications of that where people might claim he voted to save someone. Of course, if he was town and wanted to avoid that, he could also have voted for FRAYDO and just added to the vote roulette. After the failed lynch, his first concern was about what my role is, not alignment. Also used "INB4" which he might have to do right away if he planned to try to attack me now.

So, for people who read that text brick, (Yes, you, Chaos.) Thanks. For the rest: New targets! Killing You, Nodlied, TBA? Mojoman? Again? I don't fucking know.

<...>So, for people who read that text brick, (Yes, you, Chaos.) Thanks. <...>

How did you know I will... Alright, that made me chuckle, I admit. :D

Also I think you shouldn't just remove FRAYDO from your suspect list because "waking up" someone 24 min before the day end with a vote while we are having a 1-vote tie situation is rather strange, isn't it? Unless by "wake up" he meant "put down for good" of course.

*rolls around a bit*

Huh? What is this supposed to be?

I'm not removing anyone from my suspect list. I'm removing pairs of people from my suspect lists. So to rephrase, if OWA or Chaos_Knight is scum, then FRAYDO isn't. If neither are, FRAYDO still could be. If Nodlied is scum, Chaos, OWA, Death_Kitty and myself are most likely not. If he is not, we still could be. Although I will say that I still think that it's reasonably likely that none of the votes were on scum players as a tie involving one probably would have been broken, we can't know that yet. We can use that to narrow our focus for now, but still keep everyone in mind.

:soviet:DAY 2

IHV4Bki.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! Or, it would be if some of you weren't missing! After a quick search of the base, you have found who it was!
Nodlied, the Soviet Sniper has been murdered by the Allies!
We must not stop now however. Find and lynch the remaining Allies before it's too late!

The Soviets win when they have eliminated the Allied threat (all allied players must die).
The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.

If there are any Third Party in game, they will win if they met their special objective.

:soviet:Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (24 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet:CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
23 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
0/9 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

Time Left:

21 hours, 35 min, 0 sec

CVC:

Death_Kitty voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Voe voted nobody

0/9 votes casted so far

No votes casted so far

Now that I'm home from my 4th viewing of Squad, I kinda want to do some analysis. Time to get to work!

Death_Kitty- Mysteriously silent. Drawing a blank for now.

Nodlied- Suspected him as scum, but then he flipped town, and now he's a spooky ghostie.

Voe- Hard to say. Although he did go after OWA on the D1 lynch for no other reason than "he's quiet and has played before," which is a little strange. But then again, OWA flipped scum on the other game, so maybe he had reason to suspect? But then again, he didn't really defend himself from my icebreaker lolvote. But then again again, he must've figured that doing so would get a target painted on his back. But then again again again, he questioned me immediately following the night knowing there was suspicion on me. But then again again again again... alright enough of this nonsense. Blank as well.

FRAYDO- Seemed just as eager to get things going as I was, but A: he has played before, and B: Called on Isaac specifically for some reason. Leaning towards scummy here.

Mojoman- It seemed like he tried to cast shade on voe, but it was worded like a joke, probably to back out if necessary. Blank.

Category 5 Hurricane- His analytics throwing shade on me, Chaos, and Nodlied would have my suspicion IF he didn't turn out unlynchable. So unless he's a weird third party thingimajigger, he's town for sure.

Killing_You- Obviously town. Go ahead and check my records tonight if you can. But if you suspect me, I don't blame you, my impatience eagerness to start got ahead of me, and will probably get my ass lynched today. Then I'll flip town and open the floodgates for bad things.

Isaac_The_Madd- He didn't do anything of suspicion himself, but FRADYO did call on him specifically for some odd reason. It'd be unfair to label him scum due to this, though. Also he may be a victim of FRAYDO silently throwing shade his way. Another blank.

Chaos_Knight- Kinda just sat back and let everyone hash things out, and didn't make a move until Cat5 got involved. Strange. Feels like scum to me.

One Winged Angel- Did nothing but roll around. Not enough info. Blank.

Hopefully we get more info today.

Nah, I'm not third party. It's just that we've lost one town, lynching me will be two, and then the possibility of a third town during the night. Which leaves 6 players, and (likely) half of them town. So yeah, bad things.

##vote Isaac The Madd

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted Isaac The Madd to be lynched!

Time Left:

17 hours, 56 min, 18 sec

CVC:

Death_Kitty voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted Isaac The Madd

Voe voted nobody

1/9 votes casted so far

Isaac The Madd has the most votes - 1

##vote Isaac The Madd

First time playing and saying someones a third party?

You're being fed info by a veteran.

Call me out Killing You, I dare you.

You know what? I'll call your bluff.

I was about to leave you alone, and let a veteran examine you because you did make a good point despite how quick you were to tackle Isaac. However, your little statement towards me makes me think that you're trying to cast shade on me when I'm already in everyone's crosshairs. Furthermore, he mentioned a rainbow tree specifically, which is something that happened last game. So, basically, you're putting an innocent party on the chopping block based on little to no information and using it against someone who is already under the microscope.

I'll be nice and let you defend yourself, but you seem very scummy at this point.