Blog 24 (10/04/07)

Welcome to this week's blog! We have a few things to say and a few things for you to see.

<h3>New Staff</h3>

Please welcome Staude and TheCrow to the Apocalypse Rising Staff roster.

Staude will be joining us as a model artist and mapper. He is also the leader of the Rise of Apocalypse mod for Renegade. In turn we have agreed to give him support in return for his support.

TheCrow was a member of the late Chronowar mod for Renegade. For those of you that don't know, Chronowar was another RA2 based Renegade mod, but alas it died. However, TheCrow has offered to do some modelling and texture work for us so expect some work from him in the near future. At the moment he is working on the Navy SEAL.

<h3>New Renders!</h3>

TheCrow dug up some old Chronowar models for us to use in Apocalypse Rising. As a result of this we now have a Grizzly tank to use in testing :) The final version will probably have a modelified model and a blue texture. Here it is. All work by TheCrow!

Grizzlay.jpg

AxelSnog has been hard at work on the Flak Track. Now the model is finished and ready to unwrap. :)

FlakyTracky.jpg

Flakz0rTrackz0r.jpg

Finally we have the Soviet Industrial Plant by Ric. It is pretty cool and will probably be added to later.

SovIndustryPlant.jpg

<h3>Soviet Deso and his Portfolio Work</h3>

Soviet Deso has been busy preparing his portfolio. Minutes before I posted the blog he hit me with this awesome piece of work. No prizes for guessing though. :D

MammothTankTextured.jpg

It may not be related to the mod but I think it deserves a good mention. :)

<h3>Thats All Folks!</h3>

Just as a side note, Bluesummers and Venompawz's Wet T-Shirt Contest ended today! Expect judging to commence soon!

That is all for this week. I have also included an easter egg from rm5248 :)

See you all next week for more developments.

Have fun in AR.

No other member news OWA?

Nope.

As much as I like the industrial plant i don't think it's my model... Also shouldn't it be Blog 24 not 22?

Ric

I got it from your AR models zip :s Title is fixed.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

those looks good, but that easter egg is well hidden i can't find it checked both all the smilies and all the pics but nothing there

those looks good, but that easter egg is well hidden i can't find it checked both all the smilies and all the pics but nothing there

It's there. It's just well hidden. :)

There's an easy way to find it, but I'm not going to tell you how. :D

Guest EVA-251

Heh, nice easter egg, very well hidden.

That Grizzly looks freakin sweet. Will that skin be preserved, for people who like to customize?

Flak Track looks good, I cannot wait to start getting n00bed for annoying Allied tank drivers with its "flak" gun.

Industrial Plant will work like it does in YR, and give the Soviets an edge in building units, da? Oh boy, that will make a huge target in a battle.

As for that Mammoth Tank render- I need to get me one of those! :p

Guest u6795

Found the easter egg on first try, although I admit that was a very well hidden one. I love what's behind the link, however. :D I can't wait to see that baby textured.

Love everything else, especially the grizzly. But I think the middle of the tank should be more rectangular and larger. (Just suggesting for when you modify it).

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to some infantry models : :)

Guest Freak

Grizzly looks nice, though it could use a touch up on the texture, and the Flack Track looks like its off to a great start. I'm assuming the Browning will be used when a GI is deployed? (Nice hiding of the easter egg too)

btw, that Mammoth looks amazing, excellent work.

Guest -SF-Ivan the Terrible

really nice. how big will the industrial plant be? Just meaning very big has in the game or resized.

Guest nameme99

Just noticed, you got the date wrong. Its April 10, 2007, not October 4, 2007.

lol owa is getting to excited for the release, I fixed that date prob, sorry...

Guest cacarca

lol owa is getting to excited for the release, I fixed that date prob, sorry...

It's still not right, you put the right month but not the write day. Lol.

Guest havoc8r

The date was right, just in a different format. Not everyone uses month/day/year. All the AR blogs use day/month/year. It's like the silent 'u' in the word 'colour'

Guest Nod Soldier(BmLlK)

Super cool Tank textures! :)

I think this colour is better then the blue...

Can't wait to check this stuff out!

Found easter egg easy..

:D Just say "Sir, yes Sir!"

Where I come from, we write the date like that.

ohh I found the easter egg, looks very good, but what is it?

The GI's heavy machine gun.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Is that easter egg possibly the gun used by the G.I. deployed? Or does it have to do with the desolator?

what about you read what is written just two post above yours.

but yeah that gun looks like it can kick ***