Blog 26 (25/04/06)

Welcome to this week's blog. We have some new content to show you!

<h3>Chrono Miner</h3>

Ric has been working for several weeks now on the Chrono Miner. It has now reached a stage where we consider it perfectly finished. Ric has also unwrapped it. Make sure to keep an eye out for it textured in future blogs. Here it is below. Unwrapped and also checker mapped.

cminer10.jpgcminer11.jpg

<h3>It will soon be a wasteland.</h3>

Thats right, a video that you all have been anticipating. The Apocalypse Tank taking on several Prism Towers, Pillboxes and enemy bots.

Feel free to critisize my corny Russian accent. I could have done it better if I had rehearsed a bit more. I will next time. Promise :D

The Music is Grinder from RA2 by Frank Klepacki.

The credits music is from a local band called Mars Bonfire.

Note: We know about the visual bugs on the barrel recoil and the tracks, we just haven't fixed them yet.

<h3>Maps and stuff</h3>

We have three map updates for you to check out.

The first map is the one that featured in the video above, RA2_Setons_Clutch.mix by danpaul88. This is a map inspired and influenced from Supreme Commander. There is still a lot of editing to be done but the very basic terrain model is down, as you can see.

Next up we have RA2_Hail_Mary.mix from BogdanV. This map takes place in a giant stadium, however it is filled with craters, a downed blimp and other stuff so no sports are being played here. Unless you consider fictional war to be a sport. :)

Finally we have THE AMAZING UN-NAMED MAP by Staude. This map is early in it's development so it is hard to tell what sort of climate it will be set in and how battles will unfold on it.

<h3>Ending Notes</h3>

Just some final things to say before I wrap this one up.

Westy543 has been recruited to test the mod. Congrats to him :)

There is a menu shaped easter egg from relatively-new team member endepende, see if you can find it without cheating :)

Big congratulations to our APB bretheren who have made the big announcement about the newest version of A Path Beyond. Check Chronojam's post over here.

That about wraps this week's blog up, see you next week when I will have killed off a few more of my coursework dealines.

Salutations Comrades!

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Nice blog love that chronominer. and that apoc tank seems to kick a**.

P.S. I found the easter egg before i came to the bottom of the post :D a very good menu.

Can't wait till this mod comes out

Guest Slavik262

Craptastic Russian accent!! The tank is for the win. My only with is that I would have seen some rocket launchers. But I'm very impressed.

Guest Merovingian

Endepende told me you weren't using that background, so he posted it on renz0r forums first.

Good stuff, nice to see the team still going at it without me.

Guest Herr General

Herr wants to be a tester... :D

(then again, i'm new here so it'll be a couple years before you trust me enough to let me test.)

Guest EVA-251

Chrono Miner looks great, but the things on top of the storage area in the rear, I dont know about those.

(haven't payed enough attention to the thing in-game to notice)

The Apoc Tank looks sweet, and was there an actual recoil on the barrels, if so, awesome.

BTW, will that be how the veterancy will work in-game?

I fetched this from my mod's rules file(hence the different value)

VeteranArmor=1.25 ; For armor, think of it as max strength being multiplied by the number (in reality, damage is divided by this)

Right now, it restores armor back to full?

Fantastic work with everything, like usual.

Guest Evil Alex

Very good blog and I found the easter egg and very good hiding place btw, keep up the good work AR Team and good luck!! :)

EDIT: I just watched the video and it looks very good!! :) Keep it up!! :D

im soo glad i could help with that but i didnt know about planes and even mentioning about it in here lol :D

No worries. As I said, there will probably be a menu that is more true to RA2 when we start polishing things. Right now it is about getting the base material down.

The Apoc Tank is not final as of yet. There are a few balancing issues to address but other than that, at the moment it is gg Allies.

Also, if you want to apply to be a tester, do so when we announce the internal beta. Then we shall be accepting applications 994 style. This will be close to release.

BTW, will that be how the veterancy will work in-game?

I fetched this from my mod's rules file(hence the different value)

VeteranArmor=1.25 ; For armor, think of it as max strength being multiplied by the number (in reality, damage is divided by this)

Right now, it restores armor back to full?

The restored armour is the only effect you can see, but behind the scenes it also switches armour type, so it takes less damage. First veterancy level takes 90% damage, second level takes 80% damage (subject to change of course). This is currently universal across all vehicles, but can be changed by adding more armour.ini entries.

Oh, and also some vehicles will get upgraded weapons as they get promoted. You might have noticed in the video that the apoc took down the last pillbox VERY quickly, this is because its weapons had been upgraded when it got promoted the second time, and did a lot more damage per shot.

Guest killboy06

Weeee watched the video and its sexy.

Oh when the Apoc tank gets to

^

^

^

, will it shoot 4 uber cannons?

Chorno minners are nice. :D