Blog 27 (02/05/07)

Welcome to the blog! Not much has happened this week but I'll try and dig some stuff up to show you.

<h3>Digger</h3>

I have been working away on some civilian map objects, one of which is this digger. You will be able to find this around some of the more urban maps. Whether the bucket will move or not is still to be decided.

digger1.jpgdiggerangle.jpg

Model by Me :)

<h3>Core</h3>

Good news for all of you. The core for the public release is shaping up nicely, here is just a quick snippet from the presets list. All of the units here, apart from the Apocalypse Tank, the Mirage Tank and the Demo Truck, will hopefully be in the first release.

c0re.jpg

<h3>Happenings around the place</h3>

I've been gearing up for my final exams which are set to take place in two weeks time, after that I should have a lot of time for the mod. My first job is to fix up the IFV. I also recently bought a new modem and a router which is being a bit of a pig to setup. I'll have it setup eventually :D

My good mate Pete (or cfehunter as you know him) sold me a router for £5 which was a nice bargain. He has also got into C&C3 and has only just recently finished the campaign. Back to mod work, amirite Pete?

Merovingian is back on the 9th and will be posing an important question to the team.

Nameme should be back soon after his holiday with some new models to show. Expect to see them appear soon.

danpaul88 has a lot of university work to knuckle down to, however he will be applying the final touches to his mod scripts and his map during summer, ready for the first release.

Ric and Soviet_Deso have been folllowing each other lately and both of them have joined up with Aprime at http://www.tiberiandawn.info . Watch out for this mod. Trust me, it will be good.

A big Happy Birthday to rm5248 for a few days ago! He is now 18! He is currently working on the Rocketeer, expect to see some shots soon.

Staude has been doing various pieces of 3d work as well as working on the RoA:DoN mod. Best of luck to that team.

Coolrock has been keeping our moddb gallery up to date and keeping the fans over there in the know about what is happening. Coolrock has also been learning how to restore cars so he can take and restore his own 1971/1972 Chevelle SS. Good luck to him.

Bluesummers, one of our testers and the leader of the Renegade mod, 'Sunart' was lacking 3d artists for her mod. I offered to help so now I am doing various little bits and pieces of work for them. I will also be doing some voice overs for the mod, so if you find the voices annoying, you'll know who to blame! This should also be a great mod when it is done.

Westy543 in his new tester role has taken the liberty to test the Grizzly Tanks's jumping ability. It flys of the ramps quite nicely at the moment. He even got it to leapfrog another grizzly tank! And so the Apocalypse Rising Tank Olympics were born......

Mammutpanzer is absent from testing for a while due to personal issues. *Gameplay is Pending*

Thats just what a few members of the team have been doing.

<h3>Thats it...</h3>

That concludes this week's blog, see you next week when I shall, hopefully, have more pictures and maybe a video to show you. Ciao!

Guest Jupiter

nice blog, maybe it's an idea for the digger to be driveable? :p Its attack should destroy buildings :p

jut kidding...

Guest Westy543
Coolrock has been keeping our moddb gallery up to date and keeping the fans over there in the know about what is happening. Coolrock has also been learning how to restore cars so he can take and restore his own 1971/1972 Chevelle SS. Good luck to him.

Yay :D

Westy543 in his new tester role has taken the liberty to test the Grizzly Tanks's jumping ability. It flys of the ramps quite nicely at the moment. He even got it to leapfrog another grizzly tank! And so the Apocalypse Rising Tank Olympics were born......

Let me post it!

Guest Evil Alex

Good blog, I like it, don't know why the Grizzly Tanks jump though but still keep up the good work and good luck! :D

Guest Freak

Uhhh because they are fast...

Sounds good, looks like things are going nicely in the world of apocolypse rising.

Let me post it!

I think people can wait til next week. We can probably get a bigger video with more people playing at the weekend or something.

Guest Coolrock

Fact: Chevelle SS restoration guides are bigger then school text books >.<

Anyways, great blog =P

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go update the Moddb ^.^

Guest Loyal2NES

Waitwaitwait, JUMPING? This, I gotta see.

So are Rangers... But I can't do crazy things like running off a cliff with 'em because they just fall.

Guest r315r4z0r

Man, you want skill? Well forget the stupid sand jumping.

Cat jumpin' is where it is at!

jump.jpg

Btw, nice digger. :D

Guest Freak
So are Rangers... But I can't do crazy things like running off a cliff with 'em because they just fall.

Yes but rangers have wheels, which makes it so that, in CCR, after one crosses it does a nose dive, the grizzly has one solid tread.

Guest Evil Alex

Sounds good, looks like things are going nicely in the world of apocolypse rising.

Umm dude, tanks don't jump from standing still and that would requires you to have some sort of thing to make it jump like a giant spring under the tank or jet propulsion like the harrier jet fighter has ya know? :D

Guest Jupiter

Learn to read...

Guest leo`n

questions...kinda stupid but here it is.

1. if you jump over a soviet infantry will they die even if the tank didn't touch them!? :)

2. can you jump over infantry? :)

3. can you jump over another vehicle? :)

4. what if you land ontop that vehicle , do you glitch up , get stuck , lag? ^^

5. is it posible to jump over a building!!! :D

6. if you could jump over a building. which 1 would you jump over?! :)

Guest Freak

He means that when there is a ramp in the first place you can jump. Its not like a press spacebar and the tank goes flying...

Guest EVA-251

Short blog is nice.

Digger looks good, like all of the useless civilian stuff that has been shown already. Good cover, good cannon fodder.

As for the jumping thing---Sounds fun.

As for the comments on it---Stupid.

I really hope that such jumping oppurtunities won't be available in many maps, because there is units faster than the Grizzly. But I trust this wont be present in the first release? :p

Short blog is nice.

Digger looks good, like all of the useless civilian stuff that has been shown already. Good cover, good cannon fodder.

As for the jumping thing---Sounds fun.

As for the comments on it---Stupid.

I really hope that such jumping oppurtunities won't be available in many maps, because there is units faster than the Grizzly. But I trust this wont be present in the first release? :p

This is only present in testing at the moment. We shall probably make the tank heavier so that it doesn't handle like a marshmallow.

Guest TagDaze

I will also be doing some Voice Overs for mod so if you find the voices annoying, you'll know who to blame! This should also be a great mod when it is done.

You needed voice actors, and I didn't know this? Augh!

You needed voice actors, and I didn't know this? Augh!

Heh, I was joking. I'm fairly confident in my abilities to do voice over work. Studying Drama & Theatre Studies helps. Maybe if we need more people nearer the time I'll ask you first TagDaze :D

Guest TagDaze
Heh, I was joking. I'm fairly confident in my abilities to do voice over work. Studying Drama & Theatre Studies helps. Maybe if we need more people nearer the time I'll ask you first TagDaze :D

Huzzah! I might not go to a school for it, but I'm a hobbyist, and besides... some variation in the voices isn't bad, is it? :)

Huzzah! I might not go to a school for it, but I'm a hobbyist, and besides... some variation in the voices isn't bad, is it? :D

Certainly not. :)

Guest fire-ant

if grizzly tank can fly(ramp jump)... then wouldn't the demo truck (which i think is the faster) jump higher/longer... then if u find a nice placed ramp facing the allied base... u get it?

KAmIKAzE!