Blog 32 (06/06/07)

Hey guys and welcome to the latest Apocalypse Rising Blog! Due to the exam season and APB Beta nearing release, we have been unable to produce as much as we would have liked to over last month. We'll try and make a significant push forward in the coming months though. Stay tuned.

Now comes the renders :)

<h3>Soviet Radar Infernals/Inferior :)</h3>

Our new model artist Poggel (or Aramour on msn) has made us some internals for the Soviet Radar. Check out the images below.

SRD_Int_1_Hi-1.pngSRD_Int_2_Hi-1.png

SRD_Int_3_Hi-1.pngSRD_Int_4_Hi-1.png

(Click the images for bigger ones

:))

Do you see the radio apparatus on the table? That is going to be used to call in the Spyplane which will fly over the enemy base allowing you to see what they are up to. The spyplane also disables the shroud from the Gap Generator momentarily allowing the Soviets to spot the incoming rushes.

In the basement there will be Terror Drone Remote Consoles which you can use to control the terror drones across the battlefield whilst you remain safely inside the base.

<h3>The New V3 is being Unwrapped!</h3>

Ric has been furiously unwrapping the V3 Rocket Launcher model that Spice made a while back. Here is progress so far.

v301.jpg

<h3>The First Apocalypse Rising Wallpaper!</h3>

I was thinking about what we hadn't done on the mod then it occured to me..... wallpapers! So I made one up using Svensmockavich's Prism Tank being attacked by Ric's Terror Drone. I may do a load more wallpapers like this with more units in, perhaps on request for the future? We'll have to see.

LogoSmall.png

(Click the logo to see the wallpaper)

So far it is only in 1024 x 768. I'll update this later with more sizes if people request it.

<h3>Competition Update!</h3>

The competition is into it's third week and we have 12 entries so far!

TagDaze with "Fall back to base!"

Jupiter with "This is Dr Eintein"

Iscream4pork with "Tanya in the Field"

Westy543 with "I'm Gone!"

TagDaze again with "Cillit Sniper"

Iscream4pork again with "The Humorous Spy"

chaos1219 with "Awaiting Orders"

Godlord with "Mind Control"

Iscream4pork again with "Want Flak with that?"

Iscream4pork yet again with "Tanks and Vodka"

TagDaze again with "Hayulp!"

And CMDBob/MartynM with "CMDBob Rations"

rm5248 with "Rockets in the Sky"

Herr General with "Weather Control Device is ready"

Herr General again with "Tanya: Final Take"

And finally Mammutpanzer with "Soviet News from the Battlefield" (Contact either me or Mammutpanzer for the uncut, unedited version)

Enter now for the chance to win a spot on our TESTING team and the privilage of your sound in the mod with your name on the credits list! 17 days til the competition is finished, get your entries in now!

Special offer!!! Since we are now into the last 10 days of the contest you are allowed to senda single new entry to me for editing if you wish. (sounds added in, radio crackle etc.) This offer is only available for one entry and it must be a new entry. Have fun :)

<h3>Thats your lot!</h3>

Thats it for this week. I've an exam on friday, wish me luck :X

Happy birthday to AR community veteran and tester, Phoenixx! He is 18 today! Have a good one man!

Tune in next week for more AR goodness! Perhaps even a video :D

Dam not the first post :'(

Pwnr pwns again.

Great Blog OWA. :) Nice Radar Dome Poggel. Now I have two possibilities what I can do till AR rerelease 2. Terror Drones own. :)

I really don't want to be hit by that V3. /me runs

Thanks for the edit OWA. It is great and it surpass all my expections. :) Thanks a lot. To be honest I made it just for fun and not for the contest, but now that it is in, it can stay if you want to. :D

Soviet win. ^^

/me wishs OWA luck for the exam. You are going to do it well :o

Happy birthday Phoenixx :)

Testing comrad. :o

Guest Westy543

Absolutely awesome. The V3 looks sweet. ;D

The Radar's interior looks good... the only issue I have with the V3 doesn't look very round. Gewd luck with j00r exams, and happy birthday Phoenixx.

Guest Chimayov

Happy birthday Slash and nice radar dome model, just 1 question - will the radar be moving or it will be static?

Happy birthday Slash and nice radar dome model, just 1 question - will the radar be moving or it will be static?

Moving :D

Guest EVA-251

Another fine blog!

Radar Dome looks nice, and that V3 looks great as well.

Was the V3's rocket bigger than the truck it was mounted on though? I have not played vanilla YR or RA2 in a while.

Guest Zader

Another fine blog!

Radar Dome looks nice, and that V3 looks great as well.

Was the V3's rocket bigger than the truck it was mounted on though? I have not played vanilla YR or RA2 in a while.

yes it was

Guest -SF-Ivan the Terrible

Very nice radar, the set up of that basement makes it look modern, which in my opinion is a good thing because it sticks to RA2 which is modern too.

Will the equipment on the table be breakable when shot at?

Just a suggestion, the radio on the table (the one form the pictures.) Ingame it could be making wave sounds has the game goes on and then when someone shoots at it with a bullet, the radio could transform those wave sounds into a series of breaking sound waves, like when your tuning and cant find a canal on a radio, and then when shot at it again just no more sound and the thing falls apart.

Perhaps too complex or too much work for such little object.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Awesome Radar Interior!

Also this Racing Skin of the V3 is pretty nice! :D

ehmm... I am pretty sure that is no skin, as he said he was in progress of unwrapping it, and as far as I have understood you need to unwrap before you can skin... and you call yourself a mod leader?

ehmm... I am pretty sure that is no skin, as he said he was in progress of unwrapping it, and as far as I have understood you need to unwrap before you can skin... and you call yourself a mod leader?

The checker map is a type of skin. It shows you how even the unwrap is.

The checker map is a type of skin. It shows you how even the unwrap is.

Exactly. If the squares are even then it means there is no stretching so the texture will not be stretched when put on the model. It also means that the unwrap is to scale so you don't have bits that have more detail than others.

Ric