Blog 33 (13/06/07)

Welcome to the 33rd edition of the AR blog. We, the team, have loads of cool stuff to show you so take a look below :)

<h3>Terror Drone Console</h3>

Poggel recently provided us with a new set piece to appear in the Soviet Radar. The Terror Drone Control Console. Poke the console and you will be controlling a terror drone (either fresh out of the War factory or an existing one that has been left without an operator). Be careful though, Allies could shoot you whilst you are at the console and Allied Spies may be able to hijack your drones if they are left unnoccupied.

TDC_1-1.png

TDC_3-1.pngtdc_4-1.png

<h3>Sidebar Icons</h3>

endepende has been hard at work creating the templates that we can use for the ingame sidebar icons. We have a few examples of what you'll expect to see for each side's roster of units.

arsealhudcopyep7.png

sovdd3.png

As I said, these are just examples currently. The SEAL's pose will be redone for the scene and the Tesla Trooper will have the correct model implemented.

<h3>War..... Harvester?</h3>

You may be wondering what the title of this subsection is all about. Well the story is that danpaul88 needed the model for the War Miner so that he could try out his new War Miner scripts. I went offline before he got the file so he improvised with this, the fearsome War Harvester™! Compromised of a Nod Harvester and a Turret, this behemoth ploughed through a Humvee and tried to destroy the the GDAllied Chrono Harvester™ before it was stopped by Dan in his medium tank. ^^

Then when I sent the model over we got the full picture on what was happening with these new scripts. :)Camping the ore field

In transit between the Ore Refinery and Ore Field

Before you all start asking, yes the War Miner will be promotable, yes the AI War Miner will be promotable (spot the chevron) and yes when fully promoted it will gain the anti armour cannon, just like RA2.

Big ups to danpaul88 for this new innovation :) Coupled with the target priority scripts, this should be an awesome beast. It would be a good idea to rush the War Miner in the early game so that it will shoot you instead of targeting your Chrono Miner :D

<h3>Renegade 2 Mod</h3>

You may have been wondering about BogdanV's thread here in the general discussion forums. Well, back in the days of Blazemods we agreed to a merger with BogdanV. Now we work alongside him. His goals at the moment are primarily with a Singleplayer campaign at the moment but to be able to achieve this, new logic must be created. Logic such as pushable boxes, radiation, crushable walls, custom vehicle/troop drops, destructable houses that you can drive through etc. All this kind of interactive scenery content is being developed currently for use in both mods. Having BogdanV and his mod onboard with us does not impede our progress on AR since any assets that we make or aquire, he is welcome to use.

Note: Crashing whilst in the back of a C-130 has never been done so well on the Renegade engine :)

Expect to hear more about BogdanV's project in the coming months.

Moddb Link

<h3>Competition Update!</h3>

The competition is into it's third week and we have 18 entries so far!

TagDaze with "Fall back to base!"

Jupiter with "This is Dr Eintein"

Iscream4pork with "Tanya in the Field"

Westy543 with "I'm Gone!"

TagDaze again with "Cillit Sniper"

Iscream4pork again with "The Humorous Spy"

chaos1219 with "Awaiting Orders"

Godlord with "Mind Control"

Iscream4pork again with "Want Flak with that?"

Iscream4pork yet again with "Tanks and Vodka"

TagDaze again with "Hayulp!"

And CMDBob/MartynM with "CMDBob Rations"

rm5248 with "Rockets in the Sky"

Herr General with "Weather Control Device is ready"

Herr General again with "Tanya: Final Take"

Mammutpanzer with "Soviet News from the Battlefield" (Contact either me or Mammutpanzer for the uncut, unedited version)

Tomatoslayer/cmatt42 with "Lets give 'em hell Allies!"

And finally Jupiter with "Stealthy Whisper"

Enter now for the chance to win a spot on our TESTING team and the privilage of your sound in the mod with your name on the credits list! 3 days til the competition is finished, get your entries in now!

<h3>Closing Notes</h3>

I'd just like to say thanks to all the people who attended the Live Q&A session on Sunday. It was really fun and I forsee another one happening in the near future so keep preparing the questions and me and the team will hopefully be able to answer them for you. Big credit to Ackart for broadcasting through his laptop and to drunkill for recording and editing. Also to The_Aces_Of_Razgriz for his ace Solid Snake voice xD

DJBloodmoss and TruYuri have been made testers! DJBloodmoss for his valiant efforts on the radio and TruYuri because me and the team agreed that he was tester material, also being a regular APB Beta tester.

The exam was tricky but in the end I crushed it with my knowledge of Tesla Technology. Huzzah!

See you next week where we shall be announcing the winners of the competition!

I like the drone terminal, it looks great, love the joystick :D

Also, i recorded and edited the live chat, i think ackart recorded it, but it has the 'player joined' messages in it, mine didn't. Anyway >_>

Can't wait to hear the winners next week.

Also, i recorded and edited the live chat, i think ackart recorded it, but it has the 'player joined' messages in it, mine didn't. Anyway >_>

Fixed

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

sweet, so there will actually be another reason to keep your war miner alive promotions and a BIG gun good base defence i suppose if ore field is just outside your own base. those icons looks soo nice too, and so do the drone terminal

Guest rayray135

yay! i made an entry they are good testing materials what about meh?eh? all i do is play this game :D , now i could test lots stuff! :)

Guest EVA-251

The Terror Drone PT looks very nice!

The icons are meh, but they are just examples, so there is time to improve.

And...Blog on my birthday! :D

The Terror Drone PT looks very nice!

The icons are meh, but they are just examples, so there is time to improve.

And...Blog on my birthday! :)

:D Happy birthday to you :)

Original by OWA

DJBloodmoss and TruYuri have been made testers! DJBloodmoss for his valiant efforts on the radio and TruYuri because me and the team agreed that he was tester material, also being a regular APB Beta tester.

Congrants to both of you. :) Testing comrads let us crush capitalism :o

Original by OWA

The exam was tricky but in the end I crushed it with my knowledge of Tesla Technology. Huzzah!

You were protected by the iron curtain,too. :p (I know it kills people)

:)

The PT looks awesome. :)

More map interactive features for the future. ^^

danpaul :D

War Miner FTW!

It crushs capitalism. :o:)