Blog 41 (08/08/07) (Updated)

It's time for the blog, and this time OWA's AWOL and it falls to me to do the blog. :)

Ninjaedit by OWA: Check down for my own little section which I have just added.

<h3>Tesla Glove</h3>

First up we've got the tesla glove from poggle.

TT_6.pngTT_5.png

(Click the images to get a bigger picture)

The tesla glove will ofcourse be used by the tesla trooper.

Note: the spikes may not be staying

<h3>Soviet Construction Arms and Returns</h3>

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="

http://i91.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/Zion250/SovWFArmAnimAR.flv"></embed>

This animation has been added to the soviet warfactory internals by The Merovingian, who has now returned to us after having serious computer problems, expect work from him once again. (That means new building internals and animations.)

<h3>OWA is here, why did you think he wasn't? :p</h3>

Ok, time to pull some stuff out from under my massively sized E-hat and large E-sleeves.

Poggel has completed the first WIP of the basic Allied Pistol with all the cartoon chunkyness that it should have to fit the larger than life style of RA2.

Click here to view :>

dtrngd has been working more on his map, Little Big Lake. It is turning out to be quite a nice little map which feels very RA2 in style so far. Even more so when we get our assets in xD

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

BogdanV has been working on some new experimental stuff and has now come up with something very innovative for the w3d engine. Seagulls. That's right we can now have seagulls and other birds flying around our maps. This will increase the atmosphere level of the mod even more as you immerse yourself not only in a good game, but in a whole new world styled from RA2.

Check out the video below.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="

http://i25.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/A_Renegade_2_mod/Seabirds.flv"></embed>

The_Aces_Of_Razgriz has been working on a new banner which is looking incredibly awesome. You shan't be dissapointed.

cfehunter has been working on a new forum skin to accompany the banner, so we can finally establish our full presence here. The theme is basically a remake of the classic AR forum theme (from Equinox Games/Blazemods) with new RA2-themed icons etc which look totally awesome so far. Watch this space.

We have been busy busy busy rigging up stuff for APB's latest release. You'd all be fools to miss it :D

A big disaster happened to our Grizzly Tank model and texture forcing us to reunwrap and texture it. However, never fear, Soviet_Deso is here! so the texture will be renewed and restored.

I'm recieving key files this weekend so expect a media blitz next wednesday :)

Thats all for now since it is pretty late here.

See you next week.

<h3>Help Wanted</h3>

At this point in time we have enough staff to finish the mod, however it would greatly increase progress speed if we got a talented character modeler on the team.

So if you're good at modeling people in 3dsMax and want to help the mod, contact me via E-Mail or MSN

<h3>That's your lot</h3>

That's all for this week folks, same time next week!

Guest Kakashi

Nice stuff as always! Relating to the warfactory, are the doors animated?

In the last video the door was animated, as the roofdoor was. I guess they'll get some reworking since the animation was a little too short, but at least they work already.

In the last video the door was animated, as the roofdoor was. I guess they'll get some reworking since the animation was a little too short, but at least they work already.

Lol, that wasn't AR, that was RA2 Vengeance, which we have been given the assets to merge into AR.

Guest havoc8r

Were the wings flapping or was that just the low quality of the video tricking my eyes?

And that's a bummer about the Grizzly issue, but it gives you a new opportunity. With APB's Hind texture being hailed as the best texture to come out of the C&C community, you guys can show them up (especially considering how kickass the Grizzly was before). I'm not trying to create a rivalry between you two, just a friendly little "Our mods better, now make your mod better" competition :D

Guest cuddling

i cant see the first video >_< But the seagulls are quite good, although i hope there would be more of them. 1 seagull per map is a little unnatural :x

Guest leo`n

Wow i missed 6 Blogs!? I almost forgot about AR, Good job to every 1 on AR staff and the ones involving the last 6 blogs I missed. Nice grizzly tank, and hind textures and camos. Awesome ore drill, and bird animations. Lastly Cool tesla glove.

I can't watch the first video, shows nothing but the color of the thread. :D ...

''Can't wait till its all finished!''

Guest Xenon560

I recon construction of vehicles should take longer the more expensive they are.

i recon maybe a second for every $250

e.g. Prism tank takes about 4-5 seconds to make and an Apoc tank takes about 7 seconds to make and a kirov would take 8 seconds to make, etc.

Guest cuddling

Ditto.

And cuddling, that map showing the seagull is C&C_Islands which is not an AR map. Just showing one on a renegay map far away from AR doesn't mean what you've said D:

It was a little joke :D