Blog 67 (06/02/08)

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Isn't it just wonderful all these differences there is on the British and American?

On British it is named Petrol, but on American it is called gas. (found out thank to Gyldendal(the most used dictionary in Denmark) dictionary)

Guest MuadDib15

You mean PETROL STATION, right? Since, you know, petrol is a liquid, not a gas, so calling it a Gas Station is just stupid since it does not sell any gas. Except the ones that provide Air Pumps to inflate your tyres anyway.

It is a GAS station because it sells GASoline, not petrol. We Americans are literal when it comes to that.

Since you figured out how to make fake world boxes, do you think that you could put one in the cockpit of the Kirov so you could drive it and run around inside? That way you could have more than one person in it, and they could walk around inside the Kirov.

I'll draw a picture of it in paint, so be prepared for another post about that.

Guest MuadDib15

4000014848.jpg

here is a fairly quick interior in paint. sorry for the double post.

So, you get into the Kirov. You are teleported into this world box inside the kirov, which is textured to look like the interior of the kirov. You can either choose to drive it by walking over to the wheel, be the bombadeer by going to a different terminal which looks down and can fire the bombs, or you can choose to be a mechanic and repair the kirov as it gets shot at. Of course it would repair slower than usual, but you could still repair it from inside.

That is my idea, and I think it is a rather good one.

Edited by MuadDib15

Guest Kakashi

Not that I'd know of. Also for your Kirov Idea, don't you think that the Flack track is far more suited as transport? The players traveling with the Kirov would be out of commission until the Kirov reached it's destination (which is to be bombed out first anyway) or until it's shot down (killing the passengers which is kinda... bad).

Well even the british petrol stations sell gas now, in the form of LPG ofcourse, but still, it means this debate is kind of pointless as if you drive an LPG converted car you could refer to either as a gas station.

Anyway, the IFV colour scheme is up for debate, i'll go talk with the rest of the team about it.

The engineers in this mod have repair guns i think.

The soviet techy will have a blowtorch

The allied techy will have a drill

The engineers will have their suitcases & their respective techy weapons.

And we've decided we're an indie game now.

Kirov wont be in release one, your ideas are appreciated but we're going to of forgotten them by the time we get around to implementing release two.

im so looking forward to this game

So am I.

IFV- Looking good. I can't wait to see the full versions. But in RA2, the unit in the cameo had distinctively different color scheme. Just out of curiosity, will this color scheme be available for use?

Yeah, probably, ingame it was that blue colour but then on the cemo is was just a plain tan colour. If I remember rightly.

It doesn't make a bit of difference guyz, the ba... it will be called Petrol Station ingame.

I lol'd!

And we've decided we're an indie game now.

Kirov wont be in release one, your ideas are appreciated but we're going to of forgotten them by the time we get around to implementing release two.

We decided AR was an indie game months ago dude :D

I don't think the idea is technically practical anyway. It works for the Dreadnaut and Aircraft Carrier because they have multiple units spawning from them (yes, big missiles do count as units). The Kirov is good as it is, a slow bombardment unit. We don't want people using it as an uberblimp transport anyway.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

i dont see the attraction to moving slower than driving any other veichle in the game anyway.

The flak track is a far better choice as a transport, it seats 5 includeing the driver and it's pretty fast.

but it wont be able to withstand much damage, where the kirov is very hard to shoot down

Guest Kakashi

But the Kirov has to get down and back in the air again, in this itme it's quite vulnarable. Also you can do three flak track rushes in the time you do one Kirov rush.

Guest MuadDib15

This is a bomber, not a transporter. This is not APC rush, this is Mammoth Tank or stank rush. And to make it somewhat realistic, it has to have more than 1 person in it for it to run at full capatcity.

This is a bomber, not a transporter. This is not APC rush, this is Mammoth Tank or stank rush. And to make it somewhat realistic, it has to have more than 1 person in it for it to run at full capatcity.

Too bad we aren't going for realism then.

Guest MuadDib15

Because it is a bomber. Bombers have crews and, I thought that having something like a cockpit so you can fly it from that point of veiw would be kind of cool as well as having 2 other people inside to bomb the allies and repair it from the inside.

So essentially, I thought that having a bomber that would use more than one person to use, like q in an APC or any other vehicle, would be kinda fun. So I gave my idea on what you could do to make the game better.

Edited by MuadDib15

Guest Kakashi

A tank crew consists of four, and technically the Kirov is an airship. Modern airships can be piloted by one person (but regulary you have a co-pilot that double-checks the pilot's actions). Putting in this fake-worldbox thingie would be problematic anyway, how would you look down? How do you find out if you're above the target?

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Putting in this fake-worldbox thingie would be problematic anyway, how would you look down? How do you find out if you're above the target?

well there could be a seat you could enter and you get the normal view of the vech, or even maybe an upside down view if you enter the "bomber seat"

That is not really the hard thing of it I think, however this does not mean I support the idea, I don't

Edited by =NX=VinGummi2

I think its a cool idea but wouldn't really work. It doesn't affect the driver which is good and a techie or some sort of mech could slowly repair the ship which is a cool idea imho.

But its kind of boring to sit and repair a ship when your not even piloting it and many techies could make the ship invincible which would be bad.

I do like the idea of a pilot room with stairs (teleporter) to the base of the kirov with a worldbox etc and like a drivers seat to drive it normally

Edited by r34ch

Guest MuadDib15

A tank crew consists of four, and technically the Kirov is an airship. Modern airships can be piloted by one person (but regulary you have a co-pilot that double-checks the pilot's actions). Putting in this fake-worldbox thingie would be problematic anyway, how would you look down? How do you find out if you're above the target?

I think its a cool idea but wouldn't really work. It doesn't affect the driver which is good and a techie or some sort of mech could slowly repair the ship which is a cool idea imho.

But its kind of boring to sit and repair a ship when your not even piloting it and many techies could make the ship invincible which would be bad.

I do like the idea of a pilot room with stairs (teleporter) to the base of the kirov with a worldbox etc and like a drivers seat to drive it normally

@kakashi: Implementing the fake world box isn't hard. But you have a bombadier seat so you can choose to be the bombadier or not. The bombadier's camera would go outside and he would choose when to fire.

@r3: That is why you have a limit on how many people can be in it at once. Also, no matter who you had, you would only repair the Kirov at one rate unless you are outside of it. I agree about the sitting and repairing it. It is kind of boring to sit and do nothing until you go into battle.

Guest EVA-251

You mean PETROL STATION, right? Since, you know, petrol is a liquid, not a gas, so calling it a Gas Station is just stupid since it does not sell any gas. Except the ones that provide Air Pumps to inflate your tyres anyway.

Right now I am in the ra2md.CSF.

Name | Value

name:cagas01 Gas Station

:D

On the subject of the Kirov-

1 guy. No retards scurrying around inside when they should be in Apoc Tanks. If possible, the camera should be overhead or angled somewhat.

And I am reading a little too much about vehicle repair and techies. This wont be happening in AR. Right? RIGHT!???!!!

I double checked it too.

gasstation.jpg

So well it was a Gas Station ingame too.

And I am reading a little too much about vehicle repair and techies. This wont be happening in AR. Right? RIGHT!???!!!

You will see technicians ingame as you definately need a free unit that can repair the buildings if you don't have money or if barracks is down, but they will only repair buildings.

Guest Kakashi

Well he was just asking if techies would repair vehs, not if they would be used ingame :p. But yeah, that's what the damn depot is for. If you get your tanks killed in the field tough luck, go cry me a river.