Blog 71 (05/03/2008)

Guest Allie29

Looks like the reborn team gave up on oxi's complaints :D

Just remember OWA, we'll wait extra months if need be so you can balance it out and iron some bugs.

Guest Kakashi

good, because u arnt getting it till the team and the testers agree that it's perfectly balanced :p

You won't really be able to tell if it's perfectly balanced until afer the first Beta is out anyways, but as long as you get vehs and proper bases I'll trust you with the rest to be enjoyable :D. Edited by Kakashi

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

i dont know about that kakashi, with the AR and APB testers combined we have quite a large testing force.

to be more precise according to the forums memberlist there is 31 internal testers and that is excluding all the staff members, which are fully able to test too, so yeah that is quite a testing force

Guest Phoenixx

As I said before, the Rino's and the MP5 look pretty sweet thus far.

Also, can't wait to see the Ivan textured =D

Edited by Phoenixx

Guest Kakashi

Can't really compare with the 500+ regulars on the APB server though :p. As I said I trust your work, we'll see how it turns out soon enough. I still doubt that we'll reach a perfect 50 : 50 on the first run but as long as it's not 90 : 10 it should be fine :D.

Also, before I forget: Rhino looks sweet. I might actually turn to the "dark red side" just for that one.

Edited by Kakashi

Thanks for the comments and feedback on the MP5. It is still very much a Work in progress and there's a lot I want to change still, especially the back part. Also there is a lot of detail missing at the top of the gun. I'm also going to try have a straight clip rather than the curved one.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next blog :D

Ric

Guest theta123

about the sovjet technician, his oxyacetylen welding devise,i became exited.Since im studying welding myself,its good seeing ur future proffesion,in a movie/game etc.

So,based on my experience,i suggest things as i use it in real-life,and i hope,the AR team,can follow it a bit :D

These days,oxyacetyln welding has become obselete.It has been replaced mostly by MiG/MaG welding.Since Ra2 played in the past,this shouldt be a problem.

The starting up progress,should be a cool animation in First person view.SGA2.jpg

This is the torch.Its started up,by opening the acytelen valve(the red colored one).Also the oxygen valve is opened(but very little,to much oxygen,and the flame will not start).They light it up with a devise.Its a small firestone going over a piece of metal,making a spark.But mostly they used a lighter,or a zippo(Despite very dangourous).They first used the flame,to melt the metal on where you are suppose to weld.Then,they slowly insert a metal rod into the flame,wich melts into the metal you are welding on.nr.gif

The gas cylenndars,have a color.The Acetylen one,has a Red-Brown head,and the bottle itself,is mostly brown.oscarset.jpg

The Oxygen bottle,has a white head.The tubes,leading from the gas cyllenders,also have a color.The acetylen one,has a brown color,while the oxygen one,is Blue.

On top of a gas cyllender,is a devise,wich you can use,to alter the pressure.fris41f8.jpg

This is my suggestion for the welding devise.I hope,the AR team can use something of it.And dont mention my crappy grammar xD

Guest theta123

Do not attack me,but the acetylen pressure regular looks like this.

6510.jpg

The bracelet goes around the gasvalve itself.This is for safety,if i remeber correct.

It was unwrapped as well by chevy :D

But those pictures could help at the texturing phase

And we're not going for that very detailed realism theta.. not to mention it doesnt make a bit of difference in this game, polywhoring kills your fps too.

Even if someone would remodel that part, unwrap would need a redo :)

Guest MuadDib15

Looks like the reborn team gave up on oxi's complaints :)

Just remember OWA, we'll wait extra months if need be so you can balance it out and iron some bugs.

No, we're just tired of nitpicking over the same damn thing all the time.

about the sovjet technician, his oxyacetylen welding devise,i became exited.Since im studying welding myself,its good seeing ur future proffesion,in a movie/game etc.

So,based on my experience,i suggest things as i use it in real-life,and i hope,the AR team,can follow it a bit :D

These days,oxyacetyln welding has become obselete.It has been replaced mostly by MiG/MaG welding.Since Ra2 played in the past,this shouldt be a problem.

The starting up progress,should be a cool animation in First person view.SGA2.jpg

This is the torch.Its started up,by opening the acytelen valve(the red colored one).Also the oxygen valve is opened(but very little,to much oxygen,and the flame will not start).They light it up with a devise.Its a small firestone going over a piece of metal,making a spark.But mostly they used a lighter,or a zippo(Despite very dangourous).They first used the flame,to melt the metal on where you are suppose to weld.Then,they slowly insert a metal rod into the flame,wich melts into the metal you are welding on.nr.gif

The gas cylenndars,have a color.The Acetylen one,has a Red-Brown head,and the bottle itself,is mostly brown.oscarset.jpg

The Oxygen bottle,has a white head.The tubes,leading from the gas cyllenders,also have a color.The acetylen one,has a brown color,while the oxygen one,is Blue.

On top of a gas cyllender,is a devise,wich you can use,to alter the pressure.fris41f8.jpg

This is my suggestion for the welding devise.I hope,the AR team can use something of it.And dont mention my crappy grammar xD

Sounds like a good idea. However, for Gas welding, no metal stick is required. Your thinking of stick welding.

In regards to last week's blog. If the infinate ammo, no C4 thing is implemented, I'll just have to stay with reborn, as I don't want an exact copy of a game. That is kind of what killed my interest in APB, so for Pete's sake Bluehell Productions, please don't create an exact copy FPS. I don't want APB with diffent units is all I'm saying.

We at the reborn forums also didn't majorly critize APB when it came out, so why are you doing that to us?

Guest Glaedr

We at the reborn forums also didn't majorly critize APB when it came out, so why are you doing that to us?

However, APB has come out on time, for quite a few releases in a row. Reborn was what? 2 years late? And with half the promised stuff NOT THERE (vehicles, for example?) and only THREE really BAD maps!!

Edit: Darn auto change thing changes Re barn into Rebarn: The Ultimate Barn Experience

Edited by Glaedr

Guest Kakashi

Guys, stay friendly.

The problem with the stuff so many people pointed out with your release was that it kinda stuck out like a sore thumb. You say you guys are working on it, good thing. We'll see what the patch will make better.

Also where does AR go in the direction of just being APB with new units? So far there are not that many similarites and lots of differences to me...

Guest Allie29

I have seen a TON of differences between APB and AR, having listened to some of OWA's ideas and thoughts. Just because they share a few things such as sticking to the actual game its based on, infinite ammo, etc., doesn't make them copies. We could (and I'm sure many people do) say that reborn is just a copy of Renegade if you wanna go in that direction. Your point?

Guys, stay friendly.

The problem with the stuff so many people pointed out with your release was that it kinda stuck out like a sore thumb. You say you guys are working on it, good thing. We'll see what the patch will make better.

Also where does AR go in the direction of just being APB with new units? So far there are not that many similarites and lots of differences to me...

Oh, how more wrong could you be. :D

Guest theta123

Guys, stay friendly.

I dont want to start with a war.Yet if you just mention the word Reborn in APB server,it is a instant flaming.People of APB come to Reborn forums,critising for each and every small thing.Also on IRC.

We should be supporting eachother.Both these mods,are keeping the Renegade community fresh and alive.Renegade is one of the expanded modding communitys of them all.

Wasn't that what I said?

Whoops I didn't read the posts properly. I should really be replying to MuadDib15 here, sorry about that Kakashi :D

So yeah, MuadDib15, just because we don't want AR to be like renegayde, it doesn't mean that we want it to be a carbon copy of APB. There is still a lot of uncharted territory out there.

theta123: APB and Reborn have had this feud for years, so it won't stop that easily. AR is the dark horse here.