Blog 118 (28/01/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. I don't have much, but here we go!

<h3>Soviet Barracks Statue</h3>

I scanned in my own face and put it a top this lofty statue. This statue was destined for the Soviet Barracks so it could watch over the battlefield and inspire the troops with it's hard communist exterior.

All that is missing is the statue's AK47, which is being modelled ready for next week.

Who knows, maybe the statue will appear as a playable bonus character :D

The statue was modelled by me!

Comrade03-1.pngBarracks01-1.png

Now Recruiting!

We are now officially recruiting new testers! Chronojam has more details.

We've got somewhere between 10 and 15 new tester slots we'd like to fill for Bluehell Productions. You'll be assigned to work on both of our projects, and possibly whatever random stuff we're trying out at the moment.

Before you apply, know that testers are:

• Responsible for staying in touch with the team, largely through forums & IRC
  • Prohibited from sharing testing content with any outside parties without permission
  • Responsible for giving detailed reports when you find a problem to enable us to repeat your steps
  • Responsible for testing both alone and in groups on LAN, plus by connecting to an FDS
  • Prohibited from sharing testing content with any outside parties without permission
  • Likely to keep more than one copy of APB installed
  • Held to a higher standard of behavior
  • Expected to be able to remain a tester for several months. Don't apply if you're moving in a week and will be gone.
  • Hired regardless of actual talent at playing the game. We need competent cannon fodder!

If you feel like applying, please send Chronojam a PM with the subject "BHP Tester" or something similar so that he can easily spot it in his inbox. Please include your in-game name, how much time you think you can give us, what days/hours are good for you, the specifications of your video card and RAM, and how good you are at the game. It's not really required but it will help if you write down why you want to be a tester or why we should take you on as a tester.

Don't forget to vote for us!!!

post-14-1230914144.png

Just another gentle reminder, but AR and APB both made it into the Top 100 at ModDB and need your help for a chance to win Mod of the Year! Actually, we're both nominated for Indie Game Of The Year 2008; AR is in the Upcoming category, and APB is in the Released category.

Tell everyone you know and support our projects: Vote for APB and AR at ModDB! Don't forget to register or login if you haven't already prior to voting, to be sure your vote gets counted. The sompetition looks really tough this time, so every vote counts!

Please note that because APB and AR are both Indie Games in different categories, you can actually vote for both of them without competing with each other or your favorite mods on other engines! Now that's convenience!

2k8vote5.PNG

2k8vote3.PNG

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I've been contructing my own 2d, sprite-based, side scrolling fighting game based on the game Mugen. This will allow me to have Solid Snake fight Ronald McDonald and M Bison fight a Metroid. I can even have Homer Simpson fight Peter Griffin. It's so fun!

Still no podcast as Lord_Kane and I have been really busy and unable to sort out a time to record this podcast. We aren't sure when we will get the time, so some more planning will have to be done.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

I was going to use a random video that may or may not have the ability to cause a seizure, but then theta123 came to me with this video about Donald Duck and Nazis, which is much cooler.

Enjoy.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRiIpZVF4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRiIpZVF4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRiIpZVF4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Ciao!</h3>

Until next wednesday!

Guest theta123

I was going to use a random video that may or may not have the ability to cause a seizure, but then theta123 came to me with this video about Donald Duck and Nazis, which is much cooler.

hahaha i knew this would have been an awesome AR blarg Video :):):) Im glad u used it :):D

Edited by theta123

Guest Xiphias6

OWA, if we get tanks to HS the statue, do we insta-pop or deal 100x damage to the bar? :D Just kidding.

I wonder if it could be a weakpoint.

Loving the statue... But now i can't bring myself to shoot it lol :x

Ah new harvesting is always good when it comes to tester!

Votes are going well for you guys over at Moddb MOTY I see, nice one.

Another great blog guys, keep it up!

Guest BaneOfSorrows

I just got an awesome mental picture of a giant commie statue walking around the battlefield crushing capitalist pigdogs under his ub3r feet of justice... :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Thanks for the video, I had forgotton I wanted to see that after hearing about it while studing World War II, now I'm on to finding Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator.

And yes, the blog's video was from the war, if you didn't know, and is authenically Disney.

And I must ask, will you let the head fall off when the building is distroyed, please?

Anyways, great blog!

Guest Kakashi

And I must ask, will you let the head fall off when the building is distroyed, please?

I asked the same thing in the last blog. If he doesn't, people will step up and do it for us.

Also I wouldn't mind an objective based map in which the Soviet thest their new secret weapon (convenietly hidden where you would least expect it, at a military base right next to enemy territory :D). Arm Slave stlye, complete with custom Hud and rapidfire Autocannon. If it was used as last itch effort (a player that reached full veterancy can climb in and lead the leftover soviet forces into the battle) it would surely make for an awesome scenario.

Guest scratchknife

OWA..... didint you have Kinda LONG hair.... how come the statues bald?

And whats gonna be your planned textures for the Soviet BAR?

Guest Nod Guy

good blog.

But if i remember in RA2 the statue was not holding an AK-47 but it looked like a mosin nagant.

Edited by Nod Guy

Guest Nod Guy

I think the statue soldier is for remembrance that's why he is holding the mosin nagant.

And yeah Conscripts have the mask and helmets, this guy has no mask and a snow hat.

Edited by Nod Guy