Blog 122 (25/02/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. Sorry it's a little late again, my pc was out of commission for most of thursday and fell asleep before I could write it on wednesday :D

Anyway, here we go!

<h3>New Tesla Coil!</h3>

TheBeerinator asked me for the Tesla Coil to texture a few days ago, so I went and looked at the model before handing it over to him. It was very outdated and poorly modelled in places, so I took the liberty of fixing it up and re-rendering it for you guys before it went off to be textured!

Take a look below!

TCoil-1.png

We are still debating how the Tesla Trooper's charge effect is going to work.

<h3>Phonebox Update</h3>

Poggel has nearly completed the british-style phone box now! A phone book, phone and reciever have all been added in for effect.

Take a look below!

fone3-1.pngfone4-1.png

<h3>Happy Birthday C&C Renegade!</h3>

This week see's C&C Renegade turn 7 years of age! I'd personally like to commend Renegade for being such a great, unique and amazing game! Without it, we wouldn't be here developing Apocalypse Rising today!

So happy birthday to a game that truly deserves rememberance!

913801_front.jpg

Check out this thread right here to see what our friends, Fobby and the Renegade X crew, have cooked up for Renegade's 7th! I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

<h3>Apocalypse Rising Fans Facebook Group and Fan page!</h3>

I've taken the liberty to setup a fan group page to Apocalypse Rising here!

Also, one of our other enterprising fans has made a fan page to Apocalypse Rising as well! Find it here!

All that can be said is that if you have facebook, join the group and become a listed fan!

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm off home for the weekend, since it is my friend's and brother's birthdays.

cfehunter is coming to Stafford next year :)

dtrngd is away for the week.

danpaul88 is doing a fin job on balancing.

TheBeerinator is texture hungry.

Chevy787 is unwrapping Ivan's Lighter.

Guy with a wrench has nearly finished the Harrier texture!

Also...

GO TACOS!

HandOfTacosDraft.png

(Clanwar incoming)

<h3> OWA's Random Corner</h3>

The dinner blaster always has me in hysterics...

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJqsxz9xPQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJqsxz9xPQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJqsxz9xPQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>I'm the invisible man. I'm the invisible man.</h3>

INCREDIBLE how you can!

See right through me!

<h3>Happy Birthday C&C Renegade!</h3>

This week see's C&C Renegade turn 7 years of age! I'd personally like to commend Renegade for being such a great, unique and amazing game! Without it, we wouldn't be here developing Apocalypse Rising today!

I didn't realize that Renegade was 7 years old now. Although I must say... 7 years and there are still(at least, the last time I checked) a lot of servers out there. :D

Guest UberEggz

Nice job on getting 3rd place on moddb awards!!

I guess people thought A path beyond was too buggy so they didn't vote for it.

actually i think it didn't get on because of it being on the top 5 last year and can't be on it twice in a row without having a large update (Basically haven't released gamma). so unfortunately since gamma didn't come before the awards no top 5 : (