Blog 148 (03/09/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. I have drunk a sufficient amount of tea, so now I can write this.

Enjoy.

<h3>Tesla Reactor</h3>

The Tesla Reactor interior is finished in terms of modelling. All we need now are some Soviet Purchase Terminals to litter around the place.

dtrngd has been working on this and has made a pretty good job. There will be two minor weakpoints in the Tesla Reactor. Two minor generators and the main Reactor Core. If both small generators are destroyed, the power will be shut off until they are repaired. These minor weakpoints aren't too tough compared to the main weakpoint which requires a lot of punishment before it goes; taking the rest of the structure with it.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

sov_tr_int5-1.pngsov_tr_int4-1.png

sov_tr_int3-1.pngsov_tr_int1-1.png

<h3>War Miner</h3>

I've been remaking the War Miner, since our old model was way off in terms of accuracy. Also, since we don't want our miners to clip through infantry, I'll be working on a travelling mode for War Miner next. That's right, the Miners will probably travel with their scoops up so they don't get stuck on hills and such. This is an easy fix for the Chrono Miner, since it's scoop is designed to move, but the War Miner's scoop is static. This means that I'm going to have to get a little creative with the animation, but it shouldn't be anything too drastic.

Anyway, check out the new War Miner below!

WarMinerNew7-1.png

I'll be finishing this model off in the next week or so, then I'm going to finish the Grizzly Tank and IFV off.

<h3>Dug up from the archives...</h3>

I was looking around my computer today, when I stumbled upon my archive of old Apocalypse Rising videos. These were made ages ago, by danpaul88, to demonstrate certain scripts. This particular video demonstrates how the Chrono Legionnaire's gun is able to erase infantry and hold them on the spot in "stasis".

Check it out.

AR_CLEG_Gun_Demo.wmv

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm off to Teignmouth on friday, then back to university a week on friday. I cannot wait!

cfehunter is getting ready to join me.

So is Eggman891. C&C party much?

dtrngd has finished the Tesla Reactor now and will start on something new soon.

danpaul88 is away for a short time.

TheBeerinator has finished the Allied Repair node. More on this next blog.

Guy with a wrench is working on the Tech Power Plant, it's looking great!

Chevy787 is gearing up to do some more unwrapping.

rm5248 was looking into some applications codery stuff, unless I'm mistaken.

The rest of the team is here there and everywhere.

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Texture Artists</h4>

<h4>3d Model Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in either a 2d or 3d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the forseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competant at creating their own 2d textures or 3d models in 3d Studio Max/Maya.
  • is over the age of 16.

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures or models, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

PACMAN'S COMING THROUGH!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4MRkwRZeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4MRkwRZeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4MRkwRZeU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Buzz</h3>

Tesla Bees! D:

Nice, don't know If It's just me I click on the images and It redirects me to the same one... hmtl code error?

Edited by Deik10

Guest ivan55599

intressant. at first l saw vid l though "lol neutron gun can killz!" but it is unfinished animation of course

Edited by ivan55599

very very cool ....but thats going to suck being stuck in place for that long

It's not the actual time it takes to erase someone. That video is just a proof of concept. Proof that we can do it.

Guest ivan55599

....but thats going to suck being stuck in place for that long

at first people complain that they got stuck and it is boring (while they call reinforcemens to help)

*decreased time* they say "lolz too fast not like in ra2!"

Guest Michael_sama

I examined the video with the Chrono Legionnaire. I can see both sides; however, since it's just proof of concept, I won't divulge into the subject.

Hopefully, it won't be a huge problem with some people say it's too fast, and other complain it takes to long so it's worthless. That unit I can see as being extremely difficult to find a balance between not being too cheap but effective enough to use. Good luck with that.

Edited by Michael_sama