Blog 150 (21/09/09)

Hey guys! Apologies for the lateness, I moved into my new house and was without internet on my computer until Saturday. Then things got kind of hectic, but all has seemed to have cooled down for now. as a bonus, I have Eggman891 living about 150 metres away which feels surreal.

Anyway, lets dive head first into the updates!

<h3>Allied Repair Node</h3>

A while ago it was established that the allied power plants in AR were to utilise geothermal energy as a source of power. This concept has been loosely transferred into the repair nodes by TheBeerinator.

Water flows through the central section of the node, but when the linked building is damaged that water will leak. We'll be using decals and emitters to achieve this.

Take a look at this!

repnode-1.jpg

<h3>New Civilian Tech Airport</h3>

Guy with a wrench has been modelling up the tech airport. This will grant your team a para-drop ability when captured. We are unsure how para-drops will be setup, but we have the basic logic for parachutes ready.

The Tech Airport may not feature in the first release, but will likely be featured in the first major patch along with the American Air Drop.

Check out the images below!

air1-1.jpgair2-1.jpg

air3-1.jpgair4-1.jpg

air5-1.jpg

<h3>Revamped Refinery</h3>

dtrngd has been modifying and updating Ric's Soviet Refinery model so that it accommodates the interior correctly. The animations for this structure are going to be something special indeed. War Miners will have a dump animation for when they deposit their expensive loads off which will hopefully make use of some nice emitters.

Check out the fixed exterior below.

sovref_newext1-1.png

dtrngd, TheBeerinator and Guy with a wrench deserve a lot of credit for their work on various structures so if you see them online, please take the time to thank them.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been moving into university! I have internet and I live near to Eggman891 and cfehunter. We are planning on taking over the town.

cfehunter is sitting to my left.

dtrngd has been working on the refinery.

danpaul88 has been scripting up a way to get many screens put onto the repair nodes. More on this soon.

TheBeerinator has been texturising.

Guy with a wrench has been modellising.

The rest of the team have been doing team stuff.

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Artists</h4>

<h4>3d Model Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in either a 2d or 3d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the forseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competant at creating their own 2d textures or 3d models in 3d Studio Max/Maya.
  • is over the age of 16 (we overlook this if you are what we assess to be a mature individual. This rule is known as the TruYuri rule).

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures or models, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Someone's killing our T.V. Salesmen...

Billy Mays died tonight...

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Okay</h3>

Time to go to the beach...

Guest Pyrodaimon

Great stuff. The airport looks awesome. The Reifnery looks awesome. The Repair Node looks awesome. They all have great detail on them.

BTW, I think you got it wrong. The node says "Structural repairs uneeded". Isn't it 'unneeded'?

Also, how's that again? The water powers the buildings?

Guest BaneOfSorrows

'unneeded'

"unnescessary" would sound better, imo.

Everything looks incredibly amazing as always. My anticipation of AR increases proportionally with each blog.

Time to go to the beach...

And it was a suprisingly good night. Music was shit, but getting pissed with Ben and Pete just made it worthwhile. Also, Ben epically faceplanted on the way home though, grazing his arm, cutting his fingers, and twisting his ankle. Poor sod.

Guest Occult13

And it was a suprisingly good night. Music was shit, but getting pissed with Ben and Pete just made it worthwhile. Also, Ben epically faceplanted on the way home though, grazing his arm, cutting his fingers, and twisting his ankle. Poor sod.

Alcohol can't defeat AR's almighty leader it seems.

Guest Pyrodaimon

"unnescessary" would sound better, imo.

It could have different words depending on the damage levels.

Green: Building status: Good - Structural repairs unnecessary

Lime: Building status: Stable - Structural repairs recommended

Yellow: Building status: Damaged - Structural repairs required

Orange: Building status: Critical - Structural repairs urgent -intermittent static on the screen would exemplify a damaged, failing system on the verge of collapse-

Red: -at this point, the structural damage should be at its worst and the internal system would be malfunctioning so bad, the screen becomes unreadable due to all the static and the splattering water-

Just my 2 cents.

What did he faceplant on? A conveniently placed manhole cover?

I stood on the edge of a curb and fell into the road. It hurt. Don't do it.

My shoulder and arm took the fall, leaving my face unscarred.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Green: Building status: Good - Structural repairs unnecessary

Lime: Building status: Stable - Structural repairs recommended

Yellow: Building status: Damaged - Structural repairs required

Orange: Building status: Critical - Structural repairs urgent -intermittent static on the screen would exemplify a damaged, failing system on the verge of collapse-

Red: -at this point, the structural damage should be at its worst and the internal system would be malfunctioning so bad, the screen becomes unreadable due to all the static and the splattering water-

Just my 2 cents.

That's a really great idea. I second this.