Blog 170 (05/02/10)

Guest sting2death

robot tanks were pretty awesome in RA2.

I'd say if this whole engie rewire takes place that the vehicle is controlled directly by the engie. you could say his suitcase holds a remote.

You know, I like that Idea :D

As for the Uses ,If you recall from Yuri's Revenge , The Robo Tank Is Excellent at Destroying Tanks 'Almost like the Tank Destroyer(which reminds me , will there be these Country Specific Vehicles ?) and they are not too bad against Buildings , also I hated these Tanks Blowing up my Sea Units :)

And the Terror Drone is Excellent for Keeling soldiers and Tanks .[Tanya Watch out >=) ]

Guest sting2death

The country that you start out as is randomized at the beginning of each game. So yes.

Well that's going to be a fun factor ,Unit Randomization will make replaying the same map more interesting :D Also I'm dieing to see the Desolator !

Guest sting2death

Speaking of Desolators, wouldn't stealing a Tank Destroyer as Iraq be utter rape?

At least on field patrol, not attacking enemy base.

Jeepers Creepers. :D

Guest HYBRID BEING

I'd say if this whole engie rewire takes place that the vehicle is controlled directly by the engie. you could say his suitcase holds a remote. and just have him despawn (fake way of entering the vehicle) and just have it die via the traditional way. I'm doubting to expect a 50 engie/TD/RT rush. so it's only ever going to be 1 or maybe 2 at a time if that.

It reminded me about a mind control logic i came up with in faq:

-A little idea for Yuri. He mind controls enemy (enemy player dies, npc created). NPC follows Yuri. Yuri gets into safety and player manualy switches from Yuri to this unit. Thus you can manualy control a spy (for example) playing for Soviets.

It could be used for this situation as well. The difference is that after Yuri's death his ex-slaves would turn into allied npc, homed on soviet base/closest enemy, and after engineer's death TD and RT would just be rendered disabled.

Engineer and his pet Terror Drone, lol.

Guest quikstrike7521

i love the idea of engineers being able to rewire bots but who would get access to the unit? would it lock to the engineer that rewired it or anyone at the terminal be able to take it. only thing that will suck is running back to base to use the terminal to get access to the bot while the bot is left in the field unless you do what chaos said and have a remote on the engineer

Guest MartinMb

The rewired Terror Drone could just be a bot following the engineer that repaired it.

It could also randomly (like 10% of the time) become berzerk and attack everything in sight once rewired, just for fun.

Engineer : Look ! A disabled Terror Drone ! I wanna repair it.

*repair sound*

Terror Drone : BZZZZKKKKK

Engineer : It does'nt listen to... ho SHI-

*chop*

The rewired Terror Drone could just be a bot following the engineer that repaired it.

It could also randomly (like 10% of the time) become berzerk and attack everything in sight once rewired, just for fun.

Engineer : Look ! A disabled Terror Drone ! I wanna repair it.

*repair sound*

Terror Drone : BZZZZKKKKK

Engineer : It does'nt listen to... ho SHI-

*chop*

thats actally a pretty funny idea....if the Soviet team doesnt know a terror drone has gone crazy .....it just comes out of no where and takes out an TT rush lol

Guest BigCheese256

Bah, the IA make the bots run toward the first target they see and react in a very mecanical way, wish is what a terror drone basically do.

That is actually a very good idea. I disagree with making the Terror Drone kill your engineer though. Why waste an engineer on something that could easily kill your own rushes?

You could rewire a Drone, having it turn into an AI on your team that attacks only enemies. Say, if the Allies rewire a Terror Drone, it will charge at the closest nearby Soviet player. The Engineer would then still live and continue on his way. :D

Guest HunterXc

I was thinking, instead of having it follow an egineer, you could place a character just outside the terror drone and make it invisable. This character would then be the one you control and the terror drone being the AI that auto-attacks.