Blog 171 (16/02/10)

Welcome to this week's blog. This is much later than usual, but I have a valid excuse. It was my birthday on friday meaning I've been really busy with friends and stuff up til yesterday really. I had a really awesome time and people who've got me on facebook can see a few of the pictures.

Here's some updates!

<h3>Main Menu</h3>

dtrngd has been working hard on AR's main menu. It's basically a reproduction of the RA2 menu, but with a few changes to make it fit in to AR. Once it's done, it should look awesome!

dtrngd based the AR menu on TheKGBspy's RA2 Vengeance version, then added his own flair to it, turning it into something awesome. Take a look!

RA2MenuAR-1.jpg

We are in need of graphics for various menus and stuff, since the RA2 menu graphics are starting to look a bit tired these days and we need things such as win banners, help menus and menu backgrounds. So if there are any good photoshoppers out there, send me and dtrngd a pm!

<h3>Harrier Ingame</h3>

dtrngd has rigged up the Harrier and has begun testing it ingame. This is properly exciting because we've got our first flying vehicle ingame. We're still deciding it's payload, but we're interested on what you guys think.

Have some screenies!

harrieringame1-1.pngharrieringame2-1.png

Model by DannyCon

Texture by Guywithawrench

<h3>Repair IFV</h3>

dtrngd has also been modelling the Repair variant of the IFV. He's been a busy guy! If you stick an engineer in the IFV you can switch to this mode. It repairs buildings and vehicles. Technicians get a separate IFV mode which just repairs buildings.

Take a look at the awesomeclaw below!

ifv_repair_n1-1.pngifv_repair_n2-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm now 20. But I'm still a big kid.

cfehunter is still older than me though.

dtrngd is a menu marauder.

danpaul88 is hanging around the secret place presenting ideas for Ivan's dynamite.

rm5248 modelled a service depot, but it needs refining.

The rest of the team is lurking, ready to pounce.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Take a digger, a pond, some skis and a rope. This video is the result.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>This is the end...</h3>

...but only the beginning.

For the harriers, will they have the potential of becoming flying Tanya transports?

The plan is if you exit the Harrier while the landing gears are not out (which will only get out in the script zone at the ACHQ landing pads, and possibly on the captured Tech Airport pads), the aircraft will blow up and the driver gets killed.

So the answer is a big no.

Guest Xiphias6

Every single one of them looks really, really epic...but I feel that the Harrier looks really, really...weird. It looks kinda wrong, even though it's epic. :D

HARRIER. WANT. FLY. NOW. :D

Looks like you've been busy dtrngd :) I can't wait to try out your awesome harriers! Kudos to DannyCon and Guywithawrench too for making that delicious aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigCheese256

wait? theres gonna be kirovs???

IIRC in the first release there will be all units prior to building a Battle Lab. That means you will have eg. Grizzly Tank, V3 launcher, Guardian GIs and Tesla Trooper.

Units that require a Battle Lab to be built will be in a following release. eg. Kirov, Apocalypse Tank, Prism Tank, Chrono Legionare.

Guest Glaed

IIRC in the first release there will be all units prior to building a Battle Lab.

It's everything you would have if you built a Radar/AirforceHQ