Pre-Blog 173

OWA is not going to be around for the weekend so, until he gets back to post a real blarg, I thought you I would show you a little something I have been working on;

lyKe2j8MpbI

UPDATE: Video replaced with re-synced copy thanks to a tip from thepcman regarding the use of VirtualDub to resync the audio and video tracks.

The GI is not allowed to deploy unless;

1) He is standing still (prevents midair deployments among other things)

2) He is not too close to another unit (stops GI's deploying next to tanks or other soldiers to trap them inside the sandbag's model, preventing them from moving)

Look forward to a full blarg from OWA when he gets back from being somewhere that isn't here.... or something.... yeah....

Guest BigCheese256

Very nice ROF on that deployed mechine gun. :D

Audio and video on that vid are out of sinc. D:

I would like it much more if the GI and SEAL firing sounds were the same as the sounds used in RA2.

Audio and video on that vid are out of sinc. D:

Apologies about the sound going out of sync during the video, I have yet to find any free video recording software that actually WORKS properly on Windows 7 x64.... this is the best I can get.

I would like it much more if the GI and SEAL firing sounds were the same as the sounds used in RA2.

We tried putting them in, but I personally felt that they didn't sound good at all when transferred. I had to chop up the GI and SEAL sounds because they only came in a "burst fire" sound clip which didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Hopefully we'll be able to use the RA2 sound for the G.I's Minimi Para (unless it's already been put in; I can't tell because this computer has no sound...).

Also, I am indeed away for the weekend, but I couldn't resist checking the forums to see what's happening :p

Guest thepcman

FRAPS works WOnders! (I have Windows 7 Pro x64), if you are prepared to pay for it....

ALSO: Compress the video using VirtualDub (FREE, google it) and it has an option to Adjust Audio timing to compensate for lag/out-of-sync

Edited by thepcman

ALSO: Compress the video using VirtualDub (FREE, google it) and it has an option to Adjust Audio timing to compensate for lag/out-of-sync

It can't be any worse than Windows Live Movie Mangler....

EDIT: Ok, looking at VirtualDub, while it allows you to delay the audio by a number of ms, it does NOT allow you to rescale the audio time. If you listen carefully you will notice the audio is in sync at the start and gradually goes out of sync. This is because the audio is actually playing at about 101% of the speed of the video track, so what I need is something which can slow down the audio ever so slightly so that it matches the video.

EDIT 2: Digging deeper into the options I found that, rather than slowing down the audio, it will let me rescale the video track to match the length of the audio track, which effectively fixes the problem. I am recompiling the video and will upload it to youtube in a while... it's much better with synced audio!

Guest NX01class

Ok, I do have a question though. In RA2, you could run over the deployed GI's. Will that not be possible here? If they get stuck in the sandbag model, then it sounds to me like veh's aren't allowed to go through it.

Ok, I do have a question though. In RA2, you could run over the deployed GI's. Will that not be possible here? If they get stuck in the sandbag model, then it sounds to me like veh's aren't allowed to go through it.

Little secret I didn't show in the video: at the moment you can still jump out of the sandbags and run around with the HMG wreaking havoc xD That will change in future though. Until we work out how we plan to keep them in the sandbags we won't know whether running over will work or not. Wait and see on that one.

as of right now u can run them over ....and its pretty funny tbh