Blog 186 (02/06/11)

Guest Bombardment12

Just make sure the phrases you use not just hint to the weakpoint, but are also resonable. No respectable military organisation would write this on a sign: "STRUCTURAL WEAKPOINT HERE!!!"

Is there a symbol for Radar Dish Rotation Mechanism?

Guest Kakashi

None that I'd know about, but the "Danger: High Voltage" goes pretty well with any hugeass electroengine rotation device I guess. I mean, whenever you blow up the stuff that has a high voltage sign in games or movies you end up frying something important either for your or someone elses survival.

Edited by Kakashi

Guest HeaVyMenTaL

OMG this looks to be a great game, :)

incredible work you guys are artist's :D

Q:When is this supposed to be released?

Guest Dukat863

ICE there will be some Russians speaking sound clips in certain buildings

I hope you will ask Russian-speaking players to record sounds, not "летс ми спик фром май харт ин инглиш"

I hope you will ask Russian-speaking players to record sounds, not "летс ми спик фром май харт ин инглиш"

I have a good friend who comes from Lithuania.

Guest Dukat863
I have a good friend who comes from Lithuania.

Lithuania

Lithuania

Литхуания блин...

What Litva turned to in English :D

Edited by Dukat863

During the 21st Century.

Hopefully.....

I knew this will be released after Duke Nukem Forever one way or the other...

What Litva turned to in English :D

Yeah, I was completely confused when I first heard the English name "Lithuania" too... At first I couldn't remember was it referring to Litva or Latvija.

Is Litva the russian name for Lithuania? Its an awesome name, they should have used it in English too :p

They call themselves "Lietuva", which is used in Slavic languages as "Litva" for easier pronounciation.

Edited by TeslaWolf

Guest APB_ICE

and you do know that like 90% or more took place in the US.

Um... just WHERE did you get THAT from? To say that is very ignorant. :)RA2 was fought all over the world, not just in the US.

The lines are already done :D

This is an example of what you'll hear in the radar tower

Radar_radio_fix.wav

These lines sound good and realistic (I wish that I could understand Russian). :)

What are they saying?

And will this play inside the Radar Tower on a loop?

I still hope that there are a few German and French lines like this for the Allies, along with the English ones.

Edited by APB_ICE

Um... just WHERE did you get THAT from? To say that is very ignorant. mad.gif RA2 was fought all over the world, not just in the US.

I said 90% and yeah the whole point of RA2 was Russia attacking the US...so I'm pretty sure that war wasn't going on in Europe. But the Multi. player was indeed everywhere and you were aloud to pick teams like German,Britain,ect.

I still hope that there are a few German and French lines like this for the Allies, along with the English ones.

Prolly not if I'm making them, they'll be in English and sexier English (British)

I said 90% and yeah the whole point of RA2 was Russia attacking the US...so I'm pretty sure that war wasn't going on in Europe. But the Multi. player was indeed everywhere and you were aloud to pick teams like German,Britain,ect.

Prolly not if I'm making them, they'll be in English and sexier English (British)

Although the beginning of RA2 was fought in the U.S, a large majority of the other missions were fought across other parts of the world.

The war was going on in Europe, as there were missions where you needed to attack/defend Einstein's lab in Germany as well as charge the Eiffel Tower to make it into a giant Tesla Coil. One of the mission intros even began with "Thousands of Parisians fleeing their homes".

It would make sense if different languages of background dialog were to be played, but only if a particular country is fighting. E.G: if Allies are playing as France, it'd make no sense to hear anything but French and English.

tl;dr: RA2 was a World War. The beginning of it simply involved America more. It's kinda like saying that World War Two was fought entirely in Europe, which is wrong.

Guest Kakashi

If I counted right there are nine missions in stock RA2 (not YR), that's 37.5% out of 24 missions. In YR it goes up to 69.23%, 9 out of 13 missions. I wouldn't call it the mayority, but you cannot exactly neglect it either.

Btw, I only counted 13 missions because I have no frickin idea what language is spoken on the moon (probably awesomish, but I'm not sure... hafta go there and check sometime).

Guest ma1kel

Btw, I only counted 13 missions because I have no frickin idea what language is spoken on the moon (probably awesomish, but I'm not sure... hafta go there and check sometime).

If with 'awesomeish' you mean American. Then yes.

Guest Kakashi

If we can belive those old texan hoodlums with the bad teeth americans never were on the moon, it was all faked in hollywood and some desert in Arizona :D.

(I do know that they placed them mirrors there and that people still shoot them with those lazors to measure the distance between moon and earth, go easy on me I thought it was funny)

Guest APB_ICE

Although the beginning of RA2 was fought in the U.S, a large majority of the other missions were fought across other parts of the world.

The war was going on in Europe, as there were missions where you needed to attack/defend Einstein's lab in Germany as well as charge the Eiffel Tower to make it into a giant Tesla Coil. One of the mission intros even began with "Thousands of Parisians fleeing their homes".

It would make sense if different languages of background dialog were to be played

Exactly. :D

Even just 1 German and French line each, with the rest of the dialog equally divided between British English and American English, would be okay.

After all, the Allies are a multinational organization, and that needs to be shown.

If with 'awesomeish' you mean American. Then yes.

No.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Dukat863

This is an example of what you'll hear in the radar tower

Radar_radio_fix.wav

What? What did he said? Stress is marked WRONG (that one ´ symbol is a stress marker in Russian text, it's in wrong position). Некото́рые instead of Не́которые. Sometimes stress shows difference between few words, so yes it's important.

Why do i have a feeling someone synthesized text in google translator and repeating it

Edited by Dukat863

Stress is marked WRONG (that one ´ symbol is a stress marker in Russian text, it's in wrong position). Некото́рые instead of Не́которые. Sometimes stress shows difference between few words, so yes it's important

That's the symbol for the apostrophe on US keyboards. Dunno why, but people use it instead of the one we consider the right one (')

Edited by TeslaWolf

What? What did he said? Stress is marked WRONG (that one ´ symbol is a stress marker in Russian text, it's in wrong position). Некото́рые instead of Не́которые. Sometimes stress shows difference between few words, so yes it's important.

Why do i have a feeling someone synthesized text in google translator and repeating it

You can't see symbols in a voice recording :p and your russian you should know exactly what hes saying.

Guest Dukat863

and your russian you should know exactly what hes saying.

He's saying indistinctly, i don't understand what he's saying. At all.

You can't see symbols in a voice recording :p

I can't see, but i can hear because stressed vowel is different than unstressed.

Edited by Dukat863

Guest shaql

just ask a few native speakers to make recordings, wouldn't that be a lot easier? :p you have a lot of russian fans, so that shouldn't be a problem ;]

also, iirc in YR the allied units had different accents.

oh, and proof that Europe was quite important ingame:

(damn, germans have taken Poland? when? although according to wikia it's on the polish-german border)

Free from the fear of Soviet nuclear counterattack, the European Allies join with the Americans in the war against the Soviets. With additional men and equipment from the European Allies, the US launches an new assault on Soviet-occupied Washington, D.C., reinforcing Allied forces at the Pentagon and, with the assistance of German professor Albert Einstein's Weaponized Prism technology, succeed in liberating the capital from the Soviets.

source: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Red_Alert_2

(although I'm not sure anymore what are you arguing about)

Edited by shaql

Guest Dukat863

(damn, germans have taken Poland? when? although according to wikia it's on the polish-german border)

May-be Poland in RA were divided after fail of world proletariat's plan to free world from infection called capitalism soviet invasion, like germany after WW2.

Edited by Dukat863

If you go to the wiki page and read. Yes there are missions in other countrys but like i said Most of them were in the US. I never said they were all in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_C...er:_Red_Alert_2

90% is a little more than most imo, but I digress.

It's all a matter of opinion at a second glance. You could go for uber realism with different languages being played in the buildings as background audio.

But realistically, RA2 wasn't a realistic game. So putting all of the voices in English with different accents to suggest nationality would be much more fun. Like the taunts in the original games.

90% is a little more than most imo, but I digress.

It's all a matter of opinion at a second glance. You could go for uber realism with different languages being played in the buildings as background audio.

But realistically, RA2 wasn't a realistic game. So putting all of the voices in English with different accents to suggest nationality would be much more fun. Like the taunts in the original games.

We can do that :D could be fun.

He's saying indistinctly, i don't understand what he's saying. At all.

I can't see, but i can hear because stressed vowel is different than unstressed.

Well we had a guy that has been studying Russian for awhile. and in the clip there are a lot of different things said so please point out what you don't understand.