Blog 186 (02/06/11)

Guest Dukat863

Well we had a guy that has been studying Russian for awhile. and in the clip there are a lot of different things said so please point out what you don't understand.

Everything

Lol 1 word is answer to 32 words

Edited by Dukat863

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Everything

Lol 1 word is answer to 32 words

Hello there dearest Dukat. My sultry silken voice is the one that graces your ears in this amalgamation of wit and mildly butchered Russian. One of the most significant problems with the clips you heard is that a phrase that is witty and fun in English may not translate so well to Russian without significant rephrasing. This fact is amplified tenfold when Google is your medium for translation. I have studied Russian for 2 years, in which time I have admittedly not learned a significant amount, certainly not enough to hold my own in Russia or to rephrase and translate English humor into an understandable Russian equivalent without major assistance. As for stress symbols, unfortunately Google does not clarify where the emphasis should be in the words that it gives me. I took what I could get, and I enunciated each word as clearly and concisely as I could. The fact is, these lines were never meant to be translated back to English again. Rather, they are played over a perpetual transmission in the Radar Tower simply to add flavor and atmosphere to what would otherwise be another dull, mundane building. The bottom line is that to one who is not a native Russian speaker, these lines sound distinctly Russian. No one could possibly mistake these lines for any other language, of that I assure you, and that's all that really matters.

tl;dr: If you don't like my Russian stay out of the Radar Tower geez it's not that big of a deal. :D

Guest Dukat863

:D

Well, i can tell you few things:

1) People usially don't type Ё letter, replacing in with Е (i type it, because i'm Ё nazi), and even google chrome dictonary thinks that all words with Ё is wrong. Stress is almost always falls on Ё.

2) Google translator is working awful. For example, "Is Anybody" translates as "Михаил Шуфутинский" (Mihail Shufutinskiy), and translating from russian to chinese and back to russian turns "Thiefs are trying to get me" to "I'm a thief", OR

"Carefully screwing in the spindle with the hand wheel" as "Thoroughly having SEX in the spindle with the hand wheel"

, etc.

3) I can help you with those words, just give me (or any other Russian) english text, and i will translate it, mark stress and type that Ё letter that some folks (why this word sounds so rudely, it means "people") don't type.

P.S. Your voice is pretty good.

tl;dr: If you don't like my Russian stay out of the Radar Tower geez it's not that big of a deal. :)

"I got last tanya but i won't kill radar dome because someone is making awful russian speech, let them kill us with last kirov" lol.

Edited by Dukat863

Guest Chitzkoi

System Requirements ? This looks too awesome for my PC.

post-1484-1306695315.png

THATS DAMN COOL FOR A W3D GAME.

Edited by Chitzkoi

Guest Dukat863

System Requirements ? This looks too awesome for my PC.

1.2GHz

Don't forget that W3D is using single core only, so if you got core 2 quad with 4 ghz and 4 cores you will get NUMBER_OF_GHZ/CORES=1GHz, witch is less than system requirements.

P.S. Someone show him wireframe of AR IFV and APB's Heavy tank.

Edited by Dukat863

Don't forget that W3D is using single core only, so if you got core 2 quad with 4 ghz and 4 cores you will get NUMBER_OF_GHZ/CORES=1GHz, witch is less than system requirements.

I don't think you have got it quite right, that's not how multi-core processors work.

4 GHZ will be the same no matter how many cores the game actually uses.

It only means that for apb a high GHZ single core is better then a lower GHZ multi core, However I believe there is a lot more to it then that.

Indeed, a quad core 2Ghz processor has four cores each running at 2Ghz for a total of 8Ghz. However, single threaded applications will only be able to use a single one of those four cores, so it would run at 2Ghz. For these applications a dual core 3GHz processor would outperform a quad core 2Ghz processor.

Hence why my processor is a dual core 3.2Ghz. Most applications are single threaded or heavily dependent on one or two main threads, so the higher core speed of my processor means that for most applications available today it will vastly outperform a quad core 2.7Ghz or so processor.

Guest Generalcamo

Comrade you'll need special training for these operations, for the record soviets gained powerful flak weaponry against air units since the last great war :D

Still weaker then AA guns.

Guest Kakashi

That's all a matter of how efficiently the flak track and the Chopper are used. If AirAllie is met with lots of skilled flak-track using badguys he's in trouble, if he goes against averagejoe I guess the chance of survival is pretty good.

That's all a matter of how efficiently the flak track and the Chopper are used. If AirAllie is met with lots of skilled flak-track using badguys he's in trouble, if he goes against averagejoe I guess the chance of survival is pretty good.

TBH even the average Joe shouldn't have any trouble taking him out. the Flak is pretty well spread and usually you'll hit your targets.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the techie IFV was a small repair tool to repair buildings.

We scrapped the idea because it was pretty stupid and impractical when put to practise. A techy's place is at the weakpoint, not buying an IFV to repair things whilst the rest of the team need to buy that crucial grizzly tank that could help defend the base.