Dev.Blog 1 - A New Hope (10/24/2011)

Hey guys,

I'd like to start by saying I'm very excited to be given the chance to oversee and work on this project with the help of a NEW BHP Team. To clarify what I mean when I say NEW, we have expanded the BHP crew with the former Reborn team members: Darkangel, Renardin, and Spice. Also I'd like to fill everyone in on what this means for Reborn and for BHP. Reborn will now get the attention and work force it needs and deserves. Reborn will now include new game-play, scripts, effects, maps, and tons of other content never seen or attempted on the W3d engine. One of the biggest concerns from the current Reborn fans is that Reborn will become another A Path Beyond or an Apocalypse Rising clone, but I’m here to assure you that for the past 4 weeks I, along with other members, have been revamping the gameplay to be as close to a Tiberian Sun FPS as possible. But with that said, please keep in mind that as Apocalypse Rising and A Path Beyond are sticking close to their respective C&C games, and the similarities between all C&C RTS games, that there will be some obvious similarities and differences between the three mods. Also it's safe to assess that it's going to be very different from vanilla Renegade. Now before people start posting concerns about changes, the old Reborn team was already discussing taking a very similar route and a lot of our current ideas were based off their plan document. Much the new gameplay ideas from the plan document already won't work well with Renegade's specific style of gameplay so this is one reason for some of the changes. Now what are some of these ideas? Well, here are few things we are hoping to include in Tiberian Sun Reborn:

-EMPs

-New infantry units

-New vehicle units

-Revamped current infantry

-Ranking System

-Ion storms

-Building hacking

-New buildings

-Different game modes

-Poison

-Super weapons

-Mission maps

-NO MORE SNIPERS

-Along with tons of other new fun Ideas!!!

More will be revealed in our next Dev. Blog coming within the next week!

Guest APB_ICE
-NO MORE SNIPERS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, Umagon is a Sniper, and you have to at least include her.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest CaptainMagenta

Good luck to the new (and old) Reborn people. It was the first Renegade mod that captured my imagination and has always had a ton of potential. Really hope you can create a great game that is both true to Tiberian Sun, and also fun to play.

Guest APB_ICE

What about Umagon? She's a sniper, and she has to be included. Plus there's the assassin on the map 'Grassy Knoll'. You can't completely cut out snipers.

Edited by APB_ICE

Thanks for the good luck wishes guys. :D

What about Umagon? She's a sniper, and she has to be included. Plus there's the assassin on the map 'Grassy Knoll'.

Unagon will still be in game but her weapon will just be different.

You can't completely cut out snipers.

Yes, I really can. But trust me this new idea is going 10 times better then snipers. I'll go into more detail next blog about a lot of the idea.

Guest trarian

What about Umagon? She's a sniper, and she has to be included. Plus there's the assassin on the map 'Grassy Knoll'.

Yes, I really can. But trust me this new idea is going 10 times better then snipers. I'll go into more detail next blog about a lot of the idea.

Interesting, I really hate snipers, but that is more, that the renegade-engine snipers are a bit harder to handle as in other games.

Guest Generalcamo

We testers have been notified of a lot of this stuff, but not all of it.

Ion Storms: Is this just for effect, like Mutation_Redux, or will it be full fledged?

Building Hacking: What do you mean by this?

Guest APB_ICE

Hmm... Okay, I'll wait and see what your idea is, but making Umagon anything but a sniper already goes against canon.

We testers have been notified of a lot of this stuff, but not all of it.

Ion Storms: Is this just for effect, like Mutation_Redux, or will it be full fledged?

Hopefully the latter.

Building Hacking: What do you mean by this?

Probably something like the APB Spy; Temporarily shutting down buildings or gathering information. *Cough Chameleon Spy Cough*

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Generalcamo

In older test builds, the cham spy was a unit that had a knife and pistol. But no relation to the original. We DID remove the sniper rifle.

I did not like this, I actually suggested that the cham spy have RA spy logic, like the original, but I was put in during "RC 3", the last build, and the staff was pretty inactive (three or four were active, Renardin, R315r4z0r (the Reborn testing director, don't know about his future), Darkangel, and I forgot the other one, and even then, they were bogged down with summer stuff), and just to make it worse, blackwolf broke literally every TT collision setting before leaking AR, APB, and Reborn, making that "RC" useless. That is also why we were able to drive tanks, ON WATER.

Umagon, her idea is actually pretty interesting, you will learn more about this soon.

To clear a few things up. Reborn testers do not exist anymore, you must reapply when we start re-hiring testers. Also just because you were a tester their doesn't make you auto picked here.

Also Next blog I will go over everything I talked about in this blog with a lot more details.

Also no the Spy will not play like the APB or AR spy at all. It will have a much more fun role.

Umagon, her idea is actually pretty interesting, you will learn more about this soon.

Gen.camo is right about this, This idea is going to be a lot more fun.

Guest APB_ICE
Also no the Spy will not play like the APB spy at all.

So you mean it might actually be useful?!?1?!1?! :<

APB Spies are very useful; They just require teamwork (Ex. Shutting down the Soviet power plant before the rest of the team rushes the Tesla Coil). Unfortunately, true teamwork doesn't exist on the APB server because 90% of the playerbase seems to either lack the patience to plan things out and/or the willingness to follow other peoples' plans, or they just want to lone-wolf all the time.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Dukat863
and just to make it worse, blackwolf broke literally every TT collision setting before leaking AR, APB, and Reborn, making that "RC" useless.
So, it was launchable?

Dammit, why i deleted it in those days :emot-suicide:

Guest C0de_man

Man, if half of the stuff it says on the frontpage makes it in, this will be awsome.

I hope you arent taking up to yourself to much, but then again its reborn, the biggest on most long worked on mod ever.

I sure hope you can make a release before duke nukem forever.

Man, if half of the stuff it says on the frontpage makes it in, this will be awsome.

I hope you arent taking up to yourself to much, but then again its reborn, the biggest on most long worked on mod ever.

I sure hope you can make a release before duke nukem forever.

Duke nukem forever already came out.....But no we're not talking our self's up at all.