FAQ: TS:Reborn

Guest Generalcamo

Guys, almost all the vehicles and infantry are done already. There is just balancing, last minute texturing, and maps to do. Well, when I was a beta tester anyway, I am assuming there are not going to be major changes to models and such.

Guest CYBERMAN
Well im gonna go ahead and safely assume all current active reborn beta testers will get reinstated as testers here?

I certainly hope so. Then there can be no more slacking off, if your asleep at the switch, you won't be staying at the switch!

Well im gonna go ahead and safely assume all current active reborn beta testers will get reinstated as testers here?

It's really not safe to assume anything when it comes to a rehire.

Larger pool of people = greater supply

Which in Theory

greater supply = increase in chance of a high skilled and enthusiastic person.

Which can mean

skilled enthusiastic testers > slots open

Thus:

Larger pool of people = less chance for slots open

Therefore: good luck

Or in layman's terms: you may have met the prettiest girl in your home town, but not the prettiest girl in your state. :ph34r:

Guest Mei Terumi

Why not?

Why not?

Because just because you were a tester there, doesn't mean your going to get picked over here to be one.

Suffice to say, though many of us might have participated over at Reborn for years, some of us had little to nothing to do with APB and AR. When applying for a testing position here there's a lot more at stake than just Reborn, so I guess they want to be just as sure, eh?

Suffice to say, though many of us might have participated over at Reborn for years, some of us had little to nothing to do with APB and AR. When applying for a testing position here there's a lot more at stake than just Reborn, so I guess they want to be just as sure, eh?

That is pretty much right.

Guest r315r4z0r

I thought I made a thread on the old forum about what's going to happen to the testers with the move? Y'all should read my posts, yo. After all, they are blue!

Guest dearlydie

I think since its not (spelling mistake) now under Wallywoods lead, they might spice up some more elements of the game, and add more features and make sure everythings nicely polished before they release it, and i dont think it will be a Vehicle "Beta" more like a full release.

Edited by dearlydie

Guest Sonarpulse

I'm guessing/hope open testing like APB when the basics are ready. Otherwise heavily-script-based things like the ion storms could really push the first release/open testing back IMO.

Guest Generalcamo

I could imagine the random ion storm script creating random snow flurries or rain storms, adding atmosphere. Have any plans for this?

Guest Sonarpulse

We're not going to be doing open testing until the first RC is out to the public. Then when/if we have to make a patch we might have open testing at that point.

Oh. Well that's what I meant: an official pre-release, something to occupy us rabid fans even if it is far from a glitzy, publicized release, a 0.99*. As opposed to waiting for all the nifty scripting to be done while the basic stock gamplay stuff sits.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Will the Forgotten play a role in this? In the Tiberium sun universe sometimes you came across a small Mutant Base often part of the Forgotten. So is it possible that for example in some maps you see mutant soldiers. For example: in a large map there could be a small ruined city with a couple of mutants(Computer controlled). also an idea: "The Forgotten use a variety of scavenged military hardware and civilian vehicles, often mixing them, which results in unconventional weapons such as vulcan cannons mounted on armoured sedans or siege cannons housed in school buses. In addition to converted civilian cars, the Forgotten also are known to field old, decommissioned combat vehicles, the most powerful being old X-66 Mammoth tank(kinda like the one in APB)" so imagine being a soldier on foot and you came across a old village and then you see an old decommissioned X-66 THAT IS STILL WORKING!

Guest Sonarpulse

I read the Forgotten were originally going to be a playable faction ...and then EA came along. Surely making a forgotten faction would be easier than making a Yuri faction, and a cool way to do the original story justice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I've managed to scavenge some time to fially get around to coming back to the reborn forums. Just so you guys know, I'm Yuriowns1.

I dunno where else to post this, since I can't create threads. I'd like to apologize for my time away. I recently got a job, and I'm still in school, so things have been a bit hectic.

I've also had issues with my car, so I didn't even have time to get into my computer chair. So, if I'm still welcome, let me know, since I'm killing your forum with mindlessly located posts.

-Thanks.

Guest Mei Terumi

Big question here, will the Mammoth MK:II legs be fixed? because in the current closed beta The mammoth legs ar in the opposite direction. Now i was told its like this for the time being untill the clipping can be sorted out. But it looks odd the way it walks. So my question is. In the next released version will it have its correct walking animation?

• 1 month later...
Guest Hunterr

Hi, isit possible to release a new Editor? I would like to make Botmaps (or mission maps), but I need all buildings for my ideas (Conyard, refinery, barracks, War Factory, Helipad, Obelisk). Without these buildings I cant make or test anything.

Guest Sonarpulse

Well, for APB it's supposed to be in the works. The one for the current (ancient) infantry beta of Reborn should be out there somewhere. a "new Editor" shouldn't benefit that version of the game.