FAQ: TS:Reborn

Guest Hunterr

Well, the infantry beta is very bugy, I dont wanna risk losing all my temps again. But I thought that there will come a newer Editor with vehicles and new buildings, how to make the map ready for play if I dont got an editor tool?

Guest Sonarpulse

I don't think you will be able to make maps for the new Reborn untill it comes out. you can export you temps to a text file for backup though. Then they can be imported back into any version of the game, as long as the temped preset still exists.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Guest Hunterr

I have one more question, I have problems with the objects IDs. It seems to be that hes not loading the strings list for the names of the buildings etc. So how can I fix that?

Guest Generalcamo

If the devs want to have fan mapping, then they will be required to release the new level editor when the final product is done and out the door. The special use of TT collisions, which make the HMRLS and AAPC work, requires a new Level Editor. An old level editor would break everything. You will get one soon, don't worry.

Wait a minute, aren't you the guy who created a map in the infantry beta which had AI vehicles?

Edited by Generalcamo

Guest Sonarpulse

Yeah, once the game is out, the Dev's really should release LE asap. but before, when LE itself is changing with the version scripts, I'll give them some slack.

Guest KevinLancaster

Guys, what happened to that podcast that was supposed to come out months ago?

Also, good luck with getting it out in a year.

Edited by KevinLancaster

Yeah, once the game is out, the Dev's really should release LE asap. but before, when LE itself is changing with the version scripts, I'll give them some slack.

Once the game is released it might be as simple as installing the 4.0 LE and pointing the renegade install path registry key to the Reborn game folder.

Guest Sonarpulse

According to the old renhelp.net guide (wow haven't thought about that in ages): to make a LE for a mod, you hex edit it to work with a different map prefix (RA_ CNC_) & a different registry location. But based on what Generalcamo says, looks like scripts 4 has changed the process.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trarian

will there be ponies? i think theywould really spiice up the gameplay quite a bit

Wait, what?

Dude, come on... a pony... don't tell us you don't know what pink ponies are. I totally have to agree, these ponies are needed, but to support the flying combat gameplay, we need also nyan the cat. ;)

Edited by trarian

• 3 months later...
Guest samfisher
By the way... For some inspiration I googled nod carryall and got this http://cnc.wikia.com...ryall_%28Nod%29 250px-Nod_Carryall.png It looks the part at least... it won't be TSlism... but it works. Also I think Ghostalker or GA for short, from what I tested has a pretty fast moving projectile. It's not an insta-kill (for balance reasons). But it's a projectile which doesn't arc, and has high damage. Just aim head level for maximum lethality. It's hard/impossible to dodge, but it shouldn't be a lightspeed weapon. For those reality folks out there let me tell you the air density of TS is thick and dusty and full of iron (hence frequent ion storms). Thusly trying to fire a magnetic object through a magnetic cloud which often becomes electrified anyways (ion storm) would be dangerous because there would be no telling if the weapon would fire or become a lightening rod. So... being as the weapon mentioned could kill its operator it, probably wouldn't have been mass produced. (Feel free to PM me if you want to talk physics, but yea magnetics and lightening don't mix).

According to http://cnc.wikia.com...A_Assault_Craft

Nod kept the blueprints of an old gdi orca in the first tiberium war, but it is not known if nod ever used any orca vehicles in 2nd tiberium war.

• 1 month later...
Guest SgtSavage67

As to the behavior of Ion storms, do the lightning strikes aim for particular targets (Units) or are they randomized? Basically, is it easy enough to dodge the lightning by running to spots where lightning has struck in the last few seconds? Just a random thought.

Also, my brother is wondering how long it will take to Engie/Disable an Obelisk to the point of it being offline? He wants to perfect this strategy with his sister so they can coordinate base rushes. I for my part want to know as well for obvious reasons. :p

Keep up the good work on this one, It looks fantastic! :)

As to the behavior of Ion storms, do the lightning strikes aim for particular targets (Units) or are they randomized? Basically, is it easy enough to dodge the lightning by running to spots where lightning has struck in the last few seconds? Just a random thought.

Also, my brother is wondering how long it will take to Engie/Disable an Obelisk to the point of it being offline? He wants to perfect this strategy with his sister so they can coordinate base rushes. I for my part want to know as well for obvious reasons. :p

Keep up the good work on this one, It looks fantastic! :)

They lighting will not strike units, mostly ion storms will disable radars, and base defenses. Also the times that it takes to disable buildings hasn't been figured out yet. But we will update you. ;)

Just a quick question, which variant of the M16 Mk 2 Pulse Rifle is being used for GDI? I personally want to see the one that looks like an M41A Pulse Rifle.

There is a pic of the one we will be using in one of the update blogs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hunterr

Could someone help me... Im working on a map for reborn. I was making the cliffs and extruded them. Then I wanted to take a look at it in Reborn Level editor, but always If I load the map the editor crashes for unknown reason... This happens since I made the cliffs.

• 1 month later...
Guest SgtSavage67

You probably don't want to bother making stuff for Reborn in the current level Editor anyway, since the engine and the assets have been updated so many times.

Will there be any Reborn Co-op maps? Even just AOW co-op's with an AI controlled base/army to fight. That would be awesome. :)

I already wanted to create a coop map or a camaign for reborn, but the problem is that most people are not interested in reborn anymore. I was planning on making the tiberian sun campaign, even if it would be hard to do. I dont think that im able to create that campaign alone, but with some help I could make it. The other problem is that the full reborn game is still not released. it would be fucking awesome to have an Ego-Shooter based Tiberian Sun campaign and I would love to realise that.

Edited by Hunterr

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a couple months, and maybe my memory is failing me again- but wasn't there a Q&A Podcast planned about a year ago that just vaporized into nothing? Because I asked some questions there that, really, I'm still interested in knowing the answers to.

As I'm sure you're all well aware of with the year winding down into the holidays and no updates since the beginning of summer... It's been a while since we've seen anything. I could care less if there's nothing to show (Which I doubt anyways), but I think with this much time having passed the recent workings and future plans of Reborn could bear some repeating- I sure as hell could use a refresher at least.

Guest dearlydie

Well, i have communications with the developers of the Q&A Podcast, and the plan was that it was in construction, and by that i meant in the editing stage, however the editor who was meant to do it, was busy with alot of other important stuff in his life, and eventually, it was forgotten about, there is no point in looking forward to it being released anyways, since Wallywood told me that most of the questions in the podcast Q&A have already been answered in the blogs.

And plus, the people working on Reborn are trying their hardest, i know Wallywood is, but he barely has any time to, after his promtion (congrats :D) every hour or so of spare time he gets, he needs to finish off other things, trust me when i say they are trying their hardest, i know many of the people working on this are giving it all they got.

Edited by dearlydie

I know how these things are after all this time, I'm not questioning the work- just giving a reminder that I, and I'm sure others, are still interested in how things are going regardless of how slow or how much the info might lack "entertainment value". I want another blog where I can bitch at Wally about laser/ion/pixie rifles for 6 pages, anything to spark discussion.

As for questions I suppose I'll ask a few again that I'm fairly sure I never saw a response to:

3. True to TS you have said one random encounter will be Ion Storms, but would it be possible to also include mutations on certain maps, or perhaps make it so infantry who die in Tiberium turn into visceroids?

4. How do you plan on having stealth interact with the Mobile Sensor Arrays and Radar? Will an active Radar Array function like a Sensor Array for the base locality, or will players still need to deploy a sensor array in addition to this? Essentially, what are the details of a Sensor Array's detection field and are there any special ways you might reveal cloaked and subterranean units to a player? How will these same things function in relation to a team's actual radar building?

5. Would it be possible to allow hacking to provide a team with a selection of units based upon the building hacked? For example, could Nod hack GDI's war factory and, for the duration of the hack, be able to construct some GDI units?

6. If a veinhole monster were to be created/included, would it be possible to allow it to grow for certain game modes, such as a sort of "Time limit" to a match (having to fight off an enemy before the monster consumes the base).

7. What new weapons might we be seeing to compliment the re-designing of the infantry line up for each team?

Other than the roster of maps currently in Reborn (All of which, I must say, are very detailed, beautiful, and fitting of Tiberian Sun) what are some future plans for maps in Reborn, as well as the structure upon which they will be designed and implemented?

Will there be any major differences between design concepts of Reborn maps when compared to the other two mods?

What are some specific goals you hope to accomplish in the design of future maps?

It was mentioned before that you don't enjoy wasting assets, and that there may be much use of extra assets to create mission maps and the like. What are some examples/plans for these, and in what ways do you hope make them unique and fun?

Finally, I'm sure it's probably well known by now that I have a habit of conceptualizing mechanics, units/structures, maps, singleplayer plotlines- etc, that probably have the team scratching their heads and groaning that I'm wasting time thinking of things they'll never have the need or desire to spend time creating.

My question is, what DO you need? I'm going to keep doodling and having fun with it so you might as well point me in the right direction to fall in line with some of the team's plans. Are there any new weapons being introduced (Such as the semi-auto rifles replacing snipers), or perhaps entire new units being introduced to fill gaps as each team requires balancing with the new infantry lineup? I can draw any of these sorts of things and would be happy to contribute ideas. I entered a contest on the old forums with a unit design that was, at the time, going to be introduced into the game as a new infantry unit- I'm totally still up for seeing something I conceptualized being put into a mod I've been following for all these years, or at least providing food-for-thought to whoever does end up designing something new.

• 5 months later...
Guest -SF-Solar Fox

Does anyone know the finial release date to the long, long waited Reborn, or do we still have to put it on our Xmas list again?