Dev.Blog 2 - Halloween H20 (10/31/2011)

Guest MartinMb

An easy placeholder method for this would be to simply retexture the GDI Neurotoxin Soldier, since it's being removed from GDI anyway.

Or put it in APB and rename the unit "SARIN GAZ TROOPER" ! :emot-v: (we'll see if some people remember that joke)

Guest APB_ICE

ICE getting his CNCism wrong? :emot-aaa:

Hey, I haven't studied TS or TD as much as RA1, my specialty. ;)

36828.jpg

I remember seeing this fence, and it looks awesome, but I have one suggestion:

The model is 99% perfect, but please lower or spread out the beams to be a bit closer to the ground. Realistically, it looks like someone could easily just crouch under the bottom beam.

Plus, the bottom beam was very close to the ground in TS:

nodlaserfence.png

(Before anyone asks, I'm fine with there being 4 beams instead of 3, because it makes more sense, security-wise.)

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest r315r4z0r

Who cares if you can get under it? It's a frickin' lazur fence! All you need now are some sharks and a remote control chair and this would be the greatest mod ever even in pre-pre-prior-before-alpha state without any of the other things you listed.

But seriously, the mod is finally getting the attention it deserves and I look forward to seeing how it's game play will work in the future.

Guest Tyflosius

Oh boy, haha. Pardon me for using salt instead of sugar.

I can see this going down very badly, cutting away assets in favor of 'canon' material, which takes a huge bite out of what made Reborn (atleast the infantry beta aside from its bugs) so fun. It had a great selection of infantry, giving a varied amount of strategics.

I think this will kind of resemble how APB has been getting shittier ever since the release that came after 9335. Cutting away tons of maps in favor of 'quality' maps and taking away the fun.

The amount of players APB is getting at the moment speaks for itself i suppose.

Sure, quality is more important than quantity. But having very litte new quantity is also bad.

And i get the idea that BHP doesn't know how to make fun games.

With that being said, not all is doom and gloom. Reborn's ass is finally moving towards something which could be called a stable release. For which i'm happy.

I'm just afraid that the same forces that drove APB to the edge of what can be considered 'crap', will be influencing Reborn in a bad way.

Edited by Tyflosius

Guest dearlydie

I can see this going down very badly, cutting away assets in favor of 'canon' material, which takes a huge bite out of what made Reborn (atleast the infantry beta aside from its bugs) so fun. It had a great selection of infantry, giving a varied amount of strategics.

I think this will kind of resemble how APB has been getting shittier ever since the release that came after 9335. Cutting away tons of maps in favor of 'quality' maps and taking away the fun.

Sure, quality is more important than quantity. But having very litte new quantity is also bad.

With that being said, not all is doom and gloom. Reborn's ass is finally moving towards something which could be called a stable release. For which i'm happy.

I'm just afraid that the same forces that drove APB to the edge of what can be considered 'crap', will be influencing Reborn in a bad way.

Why haterz go 2 hate?

I dont understand why people like you dont appreciate stuff being done for you? Want to complain? Go and complain to a game that cost you money, not to a game thats being brought to you for FREE, and costing lots of people hours of their life. If YOU think you can do better, how about getting off your ass and attempting to make a game like this if you think your ideas are so perfect. Dont waltz down here like your the leader of the world thinking your view amounts 50 billion times more than anyone elses, If you don't like whats going on with Reborn, and how its being handled, go find another game and wrap yourself in your personal bubble where you think everyone is going to worship your opinion.

Heres the point.

Constructive criticism = Good

Posts like yours = Bad

Edited by dearlydie

Guest Tyflosius

Why haterz go 2 hate?

I dont understand why people like you dont appreciate stuff being done for you? Want to complain? Go and complain to a game that cost you money, not to a game thats being brought to you for FREE, and costing lots of people hours of their life. If YOU think you can do better, how about getting off your ass and attempting to make a game like this if you think your ideas are so perfect. Dont waltz down here like your the leader of the world thinking your view amounts 50 billion times more than anyone elses, If you don't like whats going on with Reborn, and how its being handled, go find another game and wrap yourself in your personal bubble where you think everyone is going to worship your opinion.

Heres the point.

Posts like yours = Bad

How is this not constructive critisism?

It may sound harsh. But I don't want to sugarcoat it.

Sometimes it's not the decisions people make, but the people making the decisions.

I'm not stating this game will suck balls. I'm only speaking out my concerns based on what happened to APB and the ideas that have been posted so far.

And besides, if there's no one complaining... how would there be improvement?

Edited by Tyflosius

Guest dearlydie

Why haterz go 2 hate?

Heres the point.

Posts like yours = Bad

How is this not constructive critisism?

It may sound harsh. But I don't want to sugarcoat it.

Sometimes it's not the decisions people make, but the people making the decisions.

I'm not stating this game will suck balls. I'm only speaking out my concerns based on what happened to APB and the ideas that have been posted so far.

And besides, if there's no one complaining... how would there be improvement?

It can easily be said that its not really constructive criticism as it goes off topic saying how RA-APB is "getting shittier every day" etc etc, and to your point about infantry being cut out, infantry in the old infantry beta was good for one major reason, you was playing against bots/alone, when this comes up to a multiplayer game, these assets/charcters are abused as much as posible by players, and can piss others off, infantry is being removed/changed to make sure that people don't bitch with infantry on multiplayer games, these changes are for the better, dispise what you think.

Edited by dearlydie

Guest Tyflosius

these changes are for the better, dispise what you think.

That would be true if the changes were atually better. But looking at the player-count going down and me and some of my friends seeing the potential APB had being wasted by people who think they know better [read; arrogance]...

Well, you get the point... i hope.

Guest dearlydie

these changes are for the better, dispise what you think.

That would be true if the changes were atually better. But looking at the player-count going down and me and some of my friends seeing the potential APB had being wasted by people who think they know better [read; arrogance]...

Well, you get the point... i hope.

If you are one to think you can do better, learn how to model/texture (+ all the other elements required) and see if you can make a game that has come as far as Red Alert A Path Beyond.

Guest Tyflosius

I'd rather see BHP improving. Pride is the only thing keeping this game from being better.

That, and the lack of vision I often see when reading APB's blogs... Reborn's blogs haven't been exactly mind-bending either, but i'll give it a chance.

Guest indios85

i sayd the same but it seams we are wrong, anyway i would like to know if in case this mod end like APB whit empty servers if it would be posible for fans to make his own builds and host them?

What I think tyflosius is saying is quite true, to an extent.

APB has been lacking in quantity, even though their quality is amazing.

You need good quality to get people's attention, and enough quantity to keep it. At the moment, APB reels in many people, but, since the quantity is so low(how many updates it receives in X amount of time), a lot don't stay, so total player count will always be going down, even if we get spurts of new players. I can't argue his other points as I have little care to get info on them.

First of all its very easy to criticize anything, and in most cases I understand. Everyone wants to be the next "Yahtzee" but at least play the game before you start judging it. Your basing your opinion off of a roster that hasn't been seen before. The Infantry beta had tons of under used units that people would buy just because they were bored, a lot of them were very over shadowed.The way we're doing this line each unit will have its own special use. Even more so with the promotion system that were putting in that grant special ability s . The fact alone that there will be no more snipers will make the Infantry units more powerful, why buy a slow cyborg if it could just get one shoted well now we won't have that issue.You call it "stripping away assets" I call it "Trimming the fat."

Guest Tyflosius

I'm not saying the Infantry beta was perfect. Not at all. It had a ton of flaws.

But you have to admit that it was so much better than APB's infantry system... which is one of the weakest points of the entire game imo. Reborn's infantry selection would be awesome, if well balanced.

I don't know who pushes all the buttons regarding APB's infantry balancing, but when i see a BHP member writing down they're going to majorly mess up the way infantry works in Reborn... (scrapping snipers, what the hell?) i can already see the dark clouds forming above Reborn.

But yeah. I can't see into the future, this project is in your hands now. Good luck. :- )

BlackWolf.

Edited by Tyflosius

Guest Generalcamo

Show me where a COMMANDO with a ramjet, a black hand sniper, a GDI chem trooper, a cloaked sniper, and a GDI rocket soldier is in TS. Otherwise, GET OUT.

Show me where an Officer, Sergeant, Sniper, Soviet Ranger, RPG Trooper, and an Allied airplane are in RA. Otherwise, GET OUT.

see what I did thar....?

Edited by ryknow

Guest Tyflosius

Show me where a COMMANDO with a ramjet, a black hand sniper, a GDI chem trooper, a cloaked sniper, and a GDI rocket soldier is in TS. Otherwise, GET OUT.

CnC95 didn't have a ramjet wielding Havoc, or sakura or any of the other extra infantry added by Westwood to Renegade.

But guess what? It worked. And it was fun.

Somehow, I'd rather trust the gameplay strategy of a multi-million dollar studio who knew what it was doing than some random fanboy on the internet who has absolutely no idea what game-making is about.

Edited by Tyflosius

I'm not saying the Infantry beta was perfect. Not at all. It had a ton of flaws.

But you have to admit that it was so much better than APB's infantry system... which is one of the weakest points of the entire game imo. Reborn's infantry selection would be awesome, if well balanced.

I will say there is no way in hell that the Reborn Infantry beta was better then APB's or the server for the inf. beta wouldn't have been shut down due to inactivity. I am indeed changing reborn away the Renegade feel.But with all the changes being made it should feel like its own style of game.

I don't know who pushes all the buttons regarding APB's infantry balancing, but when i see a BHP member writing down they're going to majorly mess up the way infantry works in Reborn... (scrapping snipers, what the hell?) i can already see the dark clouds forming above Reborn.

And your basing this off of ......what. I think this is more of a anti BHP Reborn thing then anything else. But I really think your going to be surprised on how it turns out.

But yeah. I can't see into the future, this project is in your hands now. Good luck. :- )

BlackWolf.

Thanks, but with your other posts you've already written me off to fail. But let me clear this up for you. Just because Reborn is now in the same hands as APB workers doesn't mean its going to play like it at all. Also Blackwolf I figured that was you, and TBH I'm actually very glad your still around :). Listen up for our pod cast on the next blog there was a question regarding you and I think your going to be very surprised at the out come of the answer.

Somehow, I'd rather trust the gameplay strategy of a multi-million dollar studio who knew what it was doing than some random fanboy on the internet who has absolutely no idea what game-making is about.

Also your basing this off of a game that was failing fast and was being rushed out the door. And as for you referring to me as some "fan boy" New flash bud, We're all fan boys or none of us would be here. None of us are getting paid for this work so we're all here on our on free will.

Guest Tyflosius

I will say there is no way in hell that the Reborn Infantry beta was better then APB's or the server for the inf. beta wouldn't have been shut down due to inactivity. I am indeed changing reborn away the Renegade feel.But with all the changes being made it should feel like its own style of game.

And your basing this off of ......what. I think this is more of a anti BHP Reborn thing then anything else. But I really think your going to be surprised on how it turns out.

BlackWolf.

Thanks, but with your other posts you've already written me off to fail. But let me clear this up for you. Just because Reborn is now in the same hands as APB workers doesn't mean its going to play like it at all. Also Blackwolf I figured that was you, and TBH I'm actually very glad your still around :). Listen up for our pod cast on the next blog there was a question regarding you and I think your going to be very surprised at the out come of the answer.

Also your basing this off of a game that was failing fast and was being rushed out the door. And as for you referring to me as some "fan boy" New flash bud, We're all fan boys or none of us would be here. None of us are getting paid for this work so we're all here on our on free will.

Only time will tell. Maybe you'll come up with some brilliant ideas.

I actually thought i'd be getting banned straight away, haha.

Don't take the leaks too personal. I was actually addicted to making reborn maps to some degree. So i made sure no one wanted me around anymore.

Still doesn't make it right though. I'm not asking for acceptance or whatever. I just want Reborn to succeed. :- )

Edited by Tyflosius

Only time will tell. Maybe you'll come up with some brilliant ideas.

I actually thought i'd be getting banned straight away, haha.

Don't take the leaks too personal. I was actually addicted to making reborn maps to some degree. So i made sure no one wanted me around anymore.

Still doesn't make it right though. I'm not asking for acceptance or whatever. I just want Reborn to succeed. :- )

We'll I'm not going to ban you. I understand you've made your mistakes and thats fine. But If you read some of the ideas I'm already putting in, I think its fair to say that Reborn is already heading to a new style of game play. And I really hope you keep making maps. I actually like a lot of them and hope to see them on servers.

I think he was responding and aiming the fanboy at Generalcamo, as indicated by him quoting gc

Doesn't change the fact we're all fan boys.

lies.... someone here HAS to be a girl....

lol