Dev.Blog 2 - Halloween H20 (10/31/2011)

Guest APB_ICE
Show me where an Officer, Sergeant, Sniper, Soviet Ranger, RPG Trooper, and an Allied airplane are in RA. Otherwise, GET OUT. see what I did thar....?

Well, actually...

Soviet Ranger:

BTW, I always thought that the C4 should have the same 'beep' sound as the one in this cutscene. More nostalgic, you know?

Allied "Sergeant":

Also:

-The Rocket Soldier was available for both sides in multiplayer, and the RPG Trooper is based on this.

-In the expansion packs, the Allies did experiment with jets based on the Soviet MiG-23. (Hence my Mirage IIIC suggestion)

:emot-awesome:

Edited by APB_ICE

:emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome: :emot-awesome:

For Mr. Wallywood who obviously over looked that Emote at the bottom of ICE's post...

The Reborn infantry beta was interesting for around one week, after playing around with all characters everyone would use the same 1-2 of 'em and it took ages to kill people.

Guest Mei Terumi

ICE getting his CNCism wrong? :emot-aaa:

Hey, I haven't studied TS or TD as much as RA1, my specialty. ;)

36828.jpg

I remember seeing this fence, and it looks awesome, but I have one suggestion:

The model is 99% perfect, but please lower or spread out the beams to be a bit closer to the ground. Realistically, it looks like someone could easily just crouch under the bottom beam.

Plus, the bottom beam was very close to the ground in TS:

nodlaserfence.png

(Before anyone asks, I'm fine with there being 4 beams instead of 3, because it makes more sense, security-wise.)

Knew that would be comming. Can't you find somthing else to do apart from complain about cosmetic appearances of models and textures? Constructic criticism is fine by all means. And besides the Reborn dev team said years ago that the model is fine. And by lowering the three beams would mean that the entire model would have to be done by scratch.

Guest APB_ICE

Knew that would be comming. Can't you find somthing else to do apart from complain about cosmetic appearances of models and textures? Constructic criticism is fine by all means. And besides the Reborn dev team said years ago that the model is fine. And by lowering the three beams would mean that the entire model would have to be done by scratch.

Actually, the model would not have to be "re-done from scratch". AFAIK, it should just be a quick edit. Anyway, it's fine, but it still doesn't look right, logically.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Mei Terumi

Actually, the model would not have to be "re-done from scratch". AFAIK, it should just be a quick edit. Anyway, it's fine, but it still doesn't look right, logically.

I know logically all it would take would be for someone to crawl under it. But in theory the beams would be giving off too much heat anyway for that to be possible.

Guest APB_ICE
You can not growl under it....There is no crawl in this engine. post-3586-0-60458200-1320619971_thumb.jpg
Oh, the laser fence has already been fixed. Disregard my earlier statements about the fence. It's perfect now. :)

Wait, you can't GROWL under it? So it's sound-proof then? :emot-haw:

Edited by APB_ICE