POD CAST Q&A

Lord Kane and I will be doing a Live Q&A. So ask the questions you want answered on our live Pod Cast next Sunday night in this blog or be sure to join us live on the Bluehellproductions Teamspeak and ask them there.

Note

*Do not ask if you can be a tester.

*Do not ask question that have already been answered.

*Do not talk over the interview if you join us live.

*Do not answer other peoples questions, all questions will be answered over the pod cast.

*Do not suggest changes to the game in this blog or during the interview. There is a time and a place for that.

*We will answer mostly any questions you have, but lets try to keep them Tiberian Sun Reborn related for the most part.

*Do not feed Lord Kane.

*We will try to get everyone's questions answered the best we can. If we can't we will also try to get back to you.

*Yes, you may ask more then one question.

Guest Mei Terumi

Okay, didn't see this thread.

1. Will Ion storm lightning bolts destroy vechicles?

2. Will the vien hole monster be in the game?

3. Will medics get a rifle similar to what the medics get in APB?

4. Does 2012 actually mark not the end of the world but the release of the Mod?

5. Will destructable bridges be included?

6. How will limpet drones work?

Guest Pushwall

1. Do ion storms cause aircraft to crash and hover MLRS to become immobile? I sincerely hope not :emot-colbert:

2. Beacons can't be disarmed... so Nod autowins if they live long enough to get a beacon and a stealth/subtank?

Edited by Pushwall

Guest Generalcamo

I will probably ask I few questions in TS if I get there, but if not, here are a select few:

a. How are you enjoying your leadership position in TSR?

b. What is the plan on the removed mutants, mission/coop maps?

c. How well is the Reborn staff integrating into Bluehell Productions?

d. Is AR dead?

e. How long will this delay reborn? We were in RC2 before you guys took it over! (Even though, that RC kind of sucked...)

f. What will this mean for the future of APB/AR?

1. Will capture-able tech buildings of sorts be included, the likes of which may allow one side to wield mutant infantry for their team? (This would play well into hacking and the like, and could function well to make maps more dynamic- almost by including a third, mutant-style dilapidated outpost/base)

2. Will there really be no flamethrower infantry? While I can understand removing him for the sake of TS-Realism, I personally enjoyed the unit greatly for it's ability to blanket an area in flames and turn close quarters combat into a nightmare for GDI. Perhaps in concert with the substantial buff to the hero-commando units, the Cyborg Commando's flamethrower could be returned?

3. True to TS you have said one random encounter will be Ion Storms, but would it be possible to also include mutations on certain maps, or perhaps make it so infantry who die in Tiberium turn into visceroids?

4. How do you plan on having stealth interact with the Mobile Sensor Arrays and Radar? Will an active Radar Array function like a Sensor Array for the base locality, or will players still need to deploy a sensor array in addition to this? Essentially, what are the details of a Sensor Array's detection field and are there any special ways you might reveal cloaked and subterranean units to a player? How will these same things function in relation to a team's actual radar building?

5. Would it be possible to allow hacking to provide a team with a selection of units based upon the building hacked? For example, could Nod hack GDI's war factory and, for the duration of the hack, be able to construct some GDI units?

6. If a veinhole monster were to be created/included, would it be possible to allow it to grow for certain game modes, such as a sort of "Time limit" to a match (having to fight off an enemy before the monster consumes the base).

7. What new weapons might we be seeing to compliment the re-designing of the infantry line up for each team?

Guest Generalcamo

No you did not, this was posted monday on my time, and today is tuesday my time. Halloween in the west is on monday, so no, you did not miss it.

If you could clarify time zones, that would be appreciated?

Guest Dukat863
4. Does 2012 actually mark not the end of the world but the release of the Mod?
2012 is actually a release of scripts 4.0. I don't think TT will release it in 2 months.

Guest trarian

Is it done when its done? or will there also come a cnc reborn 2 on a better engine?

Or are there still improvements possible to this engine to improve the game?

Guest Dukat863

Forgot to include:

Will ion storms also buff tiberium life forms?

How subterranian units will work?

Destructable passages (not working every round)?

Will it have

song? I love it, and i want everyone to hear it. Edited by Dukat863

Other than the roster of maps currently in Reborn (All of which, I must say, are very detailed, beautiful, and fitting of Tiberian Sun) what are some future plans for maps in Reborn, as well as the structure upon which they will be designed and implemented?

Will there be any major differences between design concepts of Reborn maps when compared to the other two mods?

What are some specific goals you hope to accomplish in the design of future maps?

It was mentioned before that you don't enjoy wasting assets, and that there may be much use of extra assets to create mission maps and the like. What are some examples/plans for these, and in what ways do you hope make them unique and fun?

Guest Generalcamo

(offtopic: Funfact: RA_Under is based on TS_Under)

Ontopic:

Will a few of the reborn maps be redesigned to fit today's graphics?

Will a few of blackwolf's maps unused maps be used here?

Such as ardenes?

Guest r315r4z0r

Someone already asked if ion storms will cause HMLRS to be disabled and aircraft to crash to the ground. But I want to spin off that question and ask this:

If aircraft do lose power and fall to the ground, will a collision system be set up that damages/destroys aircraft that hit the ground at high speeds? I'd actually like to see vehicles get disabled and aircraft fall from the sky... but I'm worried that it might be unfair to the pilots of the vehicles and cause people to second guess using aircraft... especially if storms are completely random.

Will you provide some sort of notification to players before an ion storm starts? Like an EVA warning saying "Warning: Ion Storm approaching!" ?

Guest r315r4z0r

Not to be a hater or anything, but personally I've always thought that the visual quality of Reborn has always been much nicer than any of the other mods for W3D.

If anything, maps in the other mods would be need to be redesigned to meet Reborn's quality.

Guest dearlydie

Have you seen gammas graphics yet?

I mean many people are unable to play it since its got some pretty darn amazing graphics.

Edited by dearlydie

Guest Tyflosius

Not to be a hater or anything, but personally I've always thought that the visual quality of Reborn has always been much nicer than any of the other mods for W3D.

If anything, maps in the other mods would be need to be redesigned to meet Reborn's quality.

I agree. The Reborn maps look alot better and way more detailed than anything that APB or AR has to offer.

Guest dearlydie

Lets not get off topic here and go into a flame war as all it takes is a user to start one off by saying "APB Has better graphcis than anything else!" Lets not be one to start one off. BTW Your not meant to reply to questions, they are meant for the Podcast.

Guest forg0ten1

2 questions.

A: Will you be able to exit your vehicle if it's hit by an emp blast or do you just have to wait a short duration until the vehicle is restored?

And 2: What will the regular rifle soldiers be like for each side? Will they have different ways of firing like in apb? (allied burst fire and soviet rapid fire) Or will they be something similiar to Renegade's riflemen?