Dev.Blog 6- Peace through Pinecones (12/6/2011)

Hello everyone, this week's blog is going to be about NOD!

In the past you guys read something about new buildings coming into TSR, so let's check out a few now.

Mick has been on a roll lately and modeling tons of new stuff for the mod.

Stealth Generator:

sg_angles_render.png

sg_final_corrected.png

Pretty renders

Stealth Generator 02.png

Stealth Generator 01.png

Now this model, created by Darkangel, was done a long time ago as far as I know, but we think it will fit well with the other nod structures.

Radar:

ldr58s2r.jpg

Stay tuned for our next blog next week! :)

Team Update: We've also got a new Testing Director that has joined the team...but you'll have wait to see who this mystery man is.

Guest trarian

From a dead mod to a mod with the most updates... Nice work Reborn-Team! About that stealth generator, will that ball move arround or something like that? Ah what ever, they look so damm nice...

Guest namechanged

By the power vested in me by (insert large entity here), I now pronounce you Husband and Game Modding Association.

:D :tongue: :wub: :tongue: :D

tee heheheheheheheheheheh.

Guest credulo

Nice stealth generator!

But, hey Wally, continuing what I was talking in the last blog entry about the plane stlye, I got an (temporally idea) for the banshee/orca bomber moving. I was playing an Renegade server with a fully modified map called " Fjords ". It gameplay sucks, but something there made me think : When you are driving an orca there, while you are stopped, not pressing any key, the orca moves alone - not in a buggy way, looks like it was made to do that - not that fast , but it's considerable.

I don't know about how much can we change the logical values of a vehicle... Maybe, if we could change the values of that "standing speed" , we can do something like that -

A ) Forward speed value > (Standing speed value = Reverse speed)

[so, the plane is unable to fly backwards, and the "back" key would be used for some kind of breaks, to not letting the player just rotating and geting dizzy around the base while it is awaiting orders for a strike]

B ) Forward speed > Standing speed value > (an slow value) > (Standing speed value - Reverse speed) > 0

[giving more realism then A , this time the back key won't stop totally the airplane, but will make it slow, like if the engines are at low powering]

Edited by credulo

Guest r315r4z0r

Couldn't you use LOD to your advantage when it comes to using stealth effects on buildings? Once you are far away the building is replaced with a a plane that matches the rest of the ground. But then again I can think of many ways this would cause problems...

Guest APB_ICE
Seems like another GG set in TSR...

But without the giant bubble of darkness, and (hopefully) the SG will cloak base-defences in addition to units.

Edited by APB_ICE

Seems like another GG set in TSR...

Well without the FPS rape and the annoying bubble lol.

At least base-defences will be stealthed by the SG, right?

yes should be

Couldn't you use LOD to your advantage when it comes to using stealth effects on buildings? Once you are far away the building is replaced with a a plane that matches the rest of the ground. But then again I can think of many ways this would cause problems...

We'll play around with a few ideas...But I'm like you on this, That could cause more problems then it's worth

A ) Forward speed value > (Standing speed value = Reverse speed)

[so, the plane is unable to fly backwards, and the "back" key would be used for some kind of breaks, to not letting the player just rotating and geting dizzy around the base while it is awaiting orders for a strike]

B ) Forward speed > Standing speed value > (an slow value) > (Standing speed value - Reverse speed) > 0

[giving more realism then A , this time the back key won't stop totally the airplane, but will make it slow, like if the engines are at low powering]

Don't worry so much about that right now. I'm going to try and have Dtrngd mess with the setting for most of the flying vehicles, and hes really good at stuff like that

Guest indios85

i remember been playing in kamuix lite ren server a couple of years back and it had set up an stalth radius for the gdi and nod bases, i presume that if implemented, it would be only abailable for nod, i dont see any problem whit base defenses or building stealthed by a buildint´s feature having in mind that they will be allways in the same place every time but making all the units go stealth in his base, specially if it would be only for nod, sounds like huge advantage over gdi, i think it would be better if the SG remain has a capturable building or something in strategy points of the maps.

Guest APB_ICE

Off-Topic: For the next Dev' Blog, can we have a gameplay video of the latest build, or at least a lot of pictures? :)

Edited by APB_ICE

LIke all of this.

My feelings on the Steath Gen. or SG is that cloaking buildings (which has too many complications anyways) shouldn't be done. <- this is a controversial statement... sorry. My point: the buildings aren't going anywhere, but it's good that the defending infantry, tanks, and laser turrets (if set to vehicle) will be cloaked.

Plus this'll make my jorb easier, which was hiding cloaked MSGs in the nod base to achieve the same effect. (The cloaking effect does turn the tides of base defense).

There's probably some fairly recent stuff from back when we tested on the old forums. For now everything should still look generally the same, I wouldn't think they'd have had the time to introduce most of the new models they've shown off.

Guest Mei Terumi

Will the stealth defence thing (Damn forgot the name lol) have doors? and a MCT? or will it act more like per say like the APB Tesla coil? wher it has no hard points? sorry for the werid comparisons. I've just woke up lol.

Edit: Stealth Generation, remembered now lol.

Edited by Alucard