Blog 7 - The Global Defence Initiative, keeping you safe!

TeamWolf

Hello and welcome to another Tiberian Sun: Reborn blog, today's blog theme is GDI!

Mobile EMP Tank

Mick has been busy at work once again, this time he has modelled the GDI Mobile EMP Tank. The M-EMP Tank works pretty much like the EMP Cannon but on a much smaller scale, able to disable vehicles and Cyborgs on the battlefield but for a much shorter lengh of time.

Mobile%20EMP%20Render%2001.pngMobile%20EMP%20Render%2002.png

Mobile%20EMP%20Render%2003.pngMobile%20EMP%20Render%2004.png

mobile_emp_finished.png

(click to make larger)

Radar Installation

Kane000 has kindly started to work on the GDI Radar Installation. This Radar Tower is GDI's means of attaining information from the battefield and feeding it to their soldier's HUD. If this structure is taken out your team will lose it's radar. As you can see it is still in a very early WIP stage and that more will be added to make it look a lot more like it did in TS.

Radar1.jpg

radar2.jpg

New Staff Members

I'd like to welcome four new staff members joining us at Bluehell Productions recently. MightyBOB has gone from a moderator to being a modeller/texture artist, BaneofSorrows has gone from being a tester to Lead Tester, Eggman is back to help out with rigging and BogdanV has returned as a modeller!

Another short goodbye

That's it for another TS:R blog, be sure to keep following us here, on facebook and on IndieDB, and don't forget to vote for us in the top 100!

so.... short.... *sadface*

But the M-EMP is looking quite nice atm,

and I can see how the Radar will shape up, may we get a Inf square size next to it to see it's height?

And woot to Bog coming back!!!! :D

Guest APB_ICE

able to disable vehicles and Cyborgs on the battlefield but for a much shorter lengh of time.

Does this mean that they've figured out a system for disabling Cyborgs in Reborn?

Also, awesome MEMP! :D

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest BaneOfSorrows

As lead tester, I promise to make all testers test at least 20% faster. ameridash.png

Also all tester's wages will be DOUBLED! That's right, you'll now be making twice as much as you were before!

But really, happy to be on board, and hope to see some solid work done in the future.

able to disable vehicles and Cyborgs on the battlefield but for a much shorter lengh of time.

Does this mean that they've figured out a system for disabling Cyborgs in Reborn?

Also, awesome MEMP! :D

We might have an idea...we'll have to test it out and let you guys know

Guest Mei Terumi

Whats happening with the testers anyway? because now that the old forum is gone. Is there going to be a new round of recruitment again? But none the less nice blog. The Mobile EMP looks kick ass :)

Edited by Alucard

Guest APB_ICE
Were doing a full re hire of testers soon.
I'm definitely applying. Wally, we might have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I can assure you that I'd be valuable as a tester, especially with my attention to detail. That, and I really do want to positively contribute to these great mod's in any way that I can. :) Edited by APB_ICE

I'm definitely applying. Wally, we might have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I can assure you that I'd be valuable as a tester, especially with my attention to detail. That, and I really do want to positively contribute to these great mod's in any way that I can. :)

...you? LOL

As lead tester, I promise to make all testers test at least 20% faster. ameridash.png

Also all tester's wages will be DOUBLED! That's right, you'll now be making twice as much as you were before!

But really, happy to be on board, and hope to see some solid work done in the future.

yay! double the pay

Guest Retaliation

I'm totally going to sign up now! I can just imagine all the stuff I'm going to buy wi-

*blink*

:emot-stare:

Well double pay, zero times two is still zero, lol.

And we know what double zero means too :p

Does this include current testers as well?

(Just wondering since I am one and haven't had access to any testing stuff yet)

The testing forums are being restructured.

Guest r315r4z0r

Am I the only one who finds the word "MEMP" funny? Memp memp memp :v

But seriously, the MEMP ( :emot-haw: ) looks fantastic and the RADAR is coming along pretty nice too!

The MEMP kicks ass. Awesome job.

But, I don't like the radar... It looks like NOD's one, maybe using TS/FS model would be better :S

The building and dome part that is on the in game model will be added soon. And that added room will play as the Limpet drone room.

I'm definitely applying. Wally, we might have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I can assure you that I'd be valuable as a tester, especially with my attention to detail. That, and I really do want to positively contribute to these great mod's in any way that I can. :)

...you? LOL

I'd rather him than you.

Well now...

Cata, I didn't know you were holding a BBQ? You shouldn't burn it so much...

Anyways... I'd be fine with ICE as a tester.... the dude is obviously OCD about details, you always need one of dem types around.

Guest Ididyamom69
On what grounds ?

I personally think Ice is obnoxious but he definitely obesses over very tiny details, which as a tester could prove useful for noticing the small, barely noticable things that most other testers overlook. If you ignore posts about how GunA really should be modeled after RealLifeGunA instead of RealLifeGunB and any balance suggestions he makes (IMO) you'd probably find him useful for bug reports like the impact bullets have on certain surfaces and things of that sort.