Blog 8 - Choose your own adventure

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Hello everyone and welcome to a short but sweet Blog 8! Unfortunately we don't have any cool trinkets to show off today (not that there aren't any cool things happening!), but we do have a very important announcement that may be of significant interest to you:

:emot-siren: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :emot-siren:

We're hiring for testers! That's right, this is your golden opportunity to help us tweak and fine-tune our games. It's a lot of hard work making things happen here, and we could use help making sure the games are balanced and bug-free.

Testing positions are for people with plenty of time to lend who are excited for all of our projects, not just one. In our next round of hiring for testers, we'll be looking for a smaller, more focused group than in rounds past, so it's important for us to find the most dedicted people we can. We're looking for people who have patience, diligence, and dedication. Being a tester is NOT just a free ticket to play the games before everyone else. It is a responsibility that we expect you to fulfill entirely, and you must understand that it's not always going to be "fun and games," so to speak. Testing can be fun, but it can also test your patience.

You also need to be able to work well with others. We'll be gathering everyone for test rounds frequently, and a hostile work environment is bad for productivity. As a tester for Bluehell Productions, you represent our studio and carry our reputation. That's a big responsibility, and we want to make sure it's in the right hands.

In your application, please include:

Timezone: This is important to us to determine what times will be most efficient for us to schedule tests.

Availability: How much fee time do you have to test? What times are you available? Again, this is to help us schedule.

How long you've been playing: We like to have an idea of your experience with our games for balance purposes. Long or short, it doesn't matter. This is just for our knowledge. Please let us know your experience with all three of our games, not just one.

If you'd like to be a coordinator: Testing is a lot of work for one person to manage! That's why we'd like to appoint a certain few people as testing "coordinators". This basically means you'll have the power to organize tests and request our other testers to jump into test games. If you'd like to take on this extra bit of responsibility, let us know and we'll consider you. This will take extra time and effort, so we'll expect you to be a cut above the rest for this position.

Please PM your application to Wallywood, and send a carbon copy to Chronojam, One_Winged_Angel, and myself.

Remember, as a tester we expect you to help with all of our projects. We know you may enjoy one more than others, but you are applying to be a tester for Bluehell Productions, not just a tester for Reborn. If you're not willing to assist with all of our projects, it may be best for you to withhold your application.

I look forward to receiving your application and possibly working with you!

Guest Generalcamo

Uhh... shouldn't this go into site news since this is a general news announcement?

Wait a minute, if you already applied, do you need to resend your app to all of the aformentioned people? Or is it not needed?

Guest BaneOfSorrows

If you've already applied, you can pretty much disregard this. We'll all see your app, even if you only sent it to CJ. CCing us just makes it more convenient.

If you'll notice, this announcement is being made in all the blog subforums, we'll put it up as general news if we see fit.

Guest namechanged

Recruiting Internal Testers

Thu 1/12/2012 @ 22:15:06 :: Chronojam

We're looking for players who would be interested in joining our internal testing team. Responsibilities include participating in balance testing games, hunting down bugs, and trying out new features and gameplay mechanics for all three core Bluehell projects (RA:APB, RA2:AR, TS:R). New testers as well as former testers in good standing are all welcome to apply. Check out the forum for more details.

Comments: Unavailable

This is one the front page, second from the top. So it tells you that you can look around for it although it doesn't have a link that anyone can use, is the link in an internal subforum?

Guest Dreamcaseal

I'm gonna be honest. I registered here to try out the CNC Reborn mod. I'm in my mid 20's and played Reborn for a few months. I like Tiberian Sun still and I got into 3D animation again recently for an unknown amount of time so I'm looking up mods out of boredom. I'm interested in trying out CNC Reborn and depending on what needs to be done I'm willing to invest some time helping. I don't feel like filling out an application or jumping through hoops. Thanks. This post is my application. I've recently uploaded a few model renders that I've made on my Facebook and have 2 YouTube channels of me doing video game commentaries and testing 3D animations.

http://www.facebook.com/Dreamcaseal

Edited by Dreamcaseal

Guest BaneOfSorrows

I don't feel like filling out an application or jumping through hoops.

Yes, well unfortunately in life sometimes we have to jump through hoops to get things we want. We're not just going to throw you an internal build because you made a model. If you'd like, you can PM the same people mentioned in the OP about your work and what you can bring to the table for our games.

Guest Dreamcaseal

I wuldn't leak the mod. Maybe post videos of it. Giving the mod away would quickly divert attention from any distribution source I'd give out but milking the community with videos of it would keep their attention towards me. I haven't sent a PM to you guys yet because I'm thinknig about it still. If I wanted to leak it I woulda PM'd y'all already. I am a Tiberian Sun fan first and a troll second.

Edited by Dreamcaseal

Guest Dreamcaseal

Also, please excuse the way I talk. I ramble when I'm bored and don't think about what I'm saying and it sometimes gives a bad impression of me. Like in that GDI MLRS video I said I can't make renders as good as that in 3Ds Max when in reality I can make better renders in 3Ds Max than in lightwave with VRay. I'm stupid, lol...

Guest dearlydie

Not being able to implant the effort of filling out a form or in your words 'jumping through hoops' doesn't seem to shine a bright spotlight at your for being chosen for testing, to test is not fun, you have to repeatedly play the game at set times, not just 'play it out of boredom', its a responsibility, a requirement, not a means of entertainment, although sometimes it can be fun. If your looking for entertainment, do not become a tester, testers are there to help game production, not to have fun, the best thing for you to do is to wait till CNC Reborn comes to its first official release, that way you will have more fun due to more players, 24/7 server uptime, and a finished first product. ;)

Guest Dreamcaseal
Not being able to implant the effort of filling out a form or in your words 'jumping through hoops' doesn't seem to shine a bright spotlight at your for being chosen for testing, to test is not fun, you have to repeatedly play the game at set times, not just 'play it out of boredom', its a responsibility, a requirement, not a means of entertainment, although sometimes it can be fun. If your looking for entertainment, do not become a tester, testers are there to help game production, not to have fun, the best thing for you to do is to wait till CNC Reborn comes to its first official release, that way you will have more fun due to more players, 24/7 server uptime, and a finished first product. ;)

You may be right. It's crazy how complete CNC Reborn looked way back in 2006.

My respect goes out to all the people who put effort in this mod since it was started around Renegade's release. As it changes hands and less info of it emerges I know it has a long history of work in it and it was great way back then even with its flaws. I'd definately want to do video game commentaries on this mod and help make models for it but I am unsure about the mod's current health behind the scenes. I definately think this mod needs its own forum theme and promotional material by the way. =)

There's not many mods I'd be willnig to work on. Right now this is the only one. But yeah if I don't seem to be up to par with what they need I fully understand. I'm hesitent myself.

Edited by Dreamcaseal

Reborn the is Duke Nukem Forever of Renegade mods, except DNF had people actually playing it when it came out. The infantry beta for Reborn had players for 2 months YEARS back. There's a Tiberian Sun TC mod for CryEngine 2, you're better off applying for them:

http://www.tiberian-genesis.net/

The Hover MRLS model looks pretty good, reminds me a lot of the Westwood renders.

Edited by ma1kel

Guest dearlydie

The game started out in different hands, and has been on a rocky road, but its in BHP's hands now, and they are crafting it into a masterpiece, the game will be better than ever, Just wait till its released, :)

You may be right. It's crazy how complete CNC Reborn looked way back in 2006.

My respect goes out to all the people who put effort in this mod since it was started around Renegade's release. As it changes hands and less info of it emerges I know it has a long history of work in it and it was great way back then even with its flaws. I'd definately want to do video game commentaries on this mod and help make models for it but I am unsure about the mod's current health behind the scenes. I definately think this mod needs its own forum theme and promotional material by the way. =)

There's not many mods I'd be willnig to work on. Right now this is the only one. But yeah if I don't seem to be up to par with what they need I fully understand. I'm hesitent myself.

It looked complete with 6 vehicles ? I need fans like you :)

Anyway, I am sort of back for the texture work on weapons, props, vehicles and infantry.

Guest Dreamcaseal

I'm a little shocked that there's going to be an EMP tank and Radar structure. Guys are going all out. I certainly don't think it's necessary. I think the new Renegade X that was recently released has nothing on the old leaked cnc reborn mod years ago.

Guest namechanged

And have fun while doing all of that. If you have fun doing work, it isn't work, although you would still have deadlines and other such things. Fun with deadlines.

Wait, that doesn't sound like how I meant it, not having fun with the deadlines, but fun that has deadlines.

Guest Generalcamo

HA. You think that filling out an application is HARD? For crying out loud, it's just a few simple short words, with a few requirements. If you can't even do that, you are not ready for the menial task of testing.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mei Terumi

Even though i was a tester before i'll pass this time around. Can't be assed tbh reapplying again. Even though i was a tester before. So good luck to whoever makes it.

Guest NodFan

Even though i was a tester before i'll pass this time around. Can't be assed tbh reapplying again. Even though i was a tester before. So good luck to whoever makes it.

lol thanks but that was months ago, yes testing is going on fine so far but I do miss testing with you Sniper :sad:

hopefully you might consider on the next round.

Guest Mei Terumi

lol thanks but that was months ago, yes testing is going on fine so far but I do miss testing with you Sniper :sad:

Doubt it. Dunno why i should have to re-apply again imo. I'd rather wait for it to be released at this point. The Mayan calander counts down to the release of reborn :)

Edit: Like it how u call me by my old username still lol :p

Edited by Alucard

Guest NodFan

Doubt it. Dunno why i should have to re-apply again imo. I'd rather wait for it to be released at this point. The Mayan calander counts down to the release of reborn :)

Edit: Like it how u call me by my old username still lol :p

oh wait but you will be forced to test Apoc rising too so its not worth for you lolz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest CYBERMAN

So, is reborn dead again? No updates since January...

Probably is, i'm close to just giving up on it entirely. And whatever happened to the old reborn forum that was meant to be an archive? There was too many great ideas and dreams in there, and to see that go down the drain overnight is a heart breaker!

Guest Generalcamo

The mod went up and up and up... the down then down then down. Even if they weren't making progress, a simple "WE ARE NOT DEAD" post suffices.

Guest CYBERMAN

The mod went up and up and up... the down then down then down. Even if they weren't making progress, a simple "WE ARE NOT DEAD" post suffices.

I agree, but i really want to know about that archive that we were supposedly going to get. We had map concepts, mods, models, everything! In a way, loosing all that is more tragic than loosing the mod itself. I remember about 15 of us altogether made something like 200 topics based on maps and mods, and ideas, concepts, plans, and so on.

I can still remember the day i came home from a day at school and found out Reborn had just been released, the Inf Public Beta, and i was overwhelmed with joy, played for a couple of months, it died, and i worked my way up, joined a clan, forums, learned the engine, map making, modeling, and i saw it all fall apart. Still, as it was falling apart, people were still joining the forums, and every now and then we would get an update that would say: "We are not dead" and that was fine. The real sad thing is that they didn't deliver on their promises. "Reborn will be released soon, Reborn is complete just wait a few weeks, We have added scripts 4.0 to Reborn, we cannot release it until scripts 4.0 is out, The mod is finished wait for scripts 4.0, scripts 4.0 is out and we have given Reborn to BHP, BHP comes back and says Reborn is a long shot from being finished." Maybe i should just start a rant topic in a junk board here!

Guest Generalcamo

Indeed. A few posts in the old internal forums were pretty nice too. They could remove download links and such, I just want the posts.

LOL you guys are really hard headed some times.

Guys with the amount of new work going into the game. Alot of it right now is script fixing and balance ideas. I can tell you it's not dead at all. Just because there are no new models to show off right now doesn't mean things are dead. For example Dtrngd just got the EMP mines set up and working and we're planing on showing a video of that soon. We've also been talking about showing Ion storm videos soon. So no we're not dead at all. We have slowly down alittle bit due to RL.

Guest Sonarpulse

Well, a little confirmation doesn't hurt. :) And everybody here should know that Reborn fans by now very used to hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

(Just to be clear, simply saying "the team is doing blah blah blah" like this you just did confirmation enough, if I meant "pics or it didn't happen" I would say so.)