Blog 9 - Still Alive

Hey guys and girls, welcome to this Tiberian Sun: Reborn blog. We're sorry for our lack of activity, hopefully this blog makes up for it and all that shall follow!

Nod Tech Center

Dark Angel is working on creating the Nod Tech Center, a structure that allowed access to high-tier units and structures in the original Tiberian Sun. In TS:Reborn, it still retains its high-tech feel and purpose; it is even required to control Hunter Seeker drones.

b.jpgNTC Interior1.jpg

GDI Upgrade Center

Don't be jealous of the Nod Tech Center, fans of freedom. Mick (aka Volkov) has finished the exterior portion of the GDI Upgrade Center. Call down an Ion Cannon blast at your leisure.

upgrade_centre_render_01.png

GDI & Nod Portable Terminals

So, I hear you want to sabotage some structures? This isn't a 90s action movie, you're going to need more than just a floppy disk with a virus if you want to cripple self-analysis and internal-repair mechanisms linked to a modern GDI facility network.

Engineers will cause some havoc on the automated systems, and it'll take time to correct itself, making an Engineer infiltration a great way to soften up a hardened structure and leave it exposed to future attack.

Renardin's texturework.

gdi suitcase.jpg

Nod%20Suitcase.jpg

Nod Radar Center

The Nod Radar Center is the only source of Radar for Nod, primary feature is an enormous satellite dish for connecting to the network of satellites orbiting the Earth.

ldr58s2r.jpg

Scripts and Fixes

One thing that has been holding us up at the moment has been mainly our EMP script, we have been trying to work out a few bugs with it. Along with heavily editing the infantry roster for both sides, and making the Elite Cadre's Carbine one weapon instead of swapping Carbine machine gun for the Grenade Launcher.

That thing at the end of a convasation...

That's it for another TS:R blog, be sure to keep following us here, on Facebook and on IndieDB.

Guest Generalcamo

Finally, a blog.

Mick is doing a real nice job. Can't wait to see more of his work.

THIS ISN'T A VIDEO SPAM TOPIC. STOP POSTING STUPID VIDEOS.

Guest ditto_g

Lookin good! I especially approve of the portable terminals.

Also, GeneralCamo, considering the posts to which you are referring were done so with a sense of RELEVANT humor and light-heartedness, I find your comment unhelpful and off-topic. Please, let's keep this thread on track. As one bystander to another, you're not a mod. Let the moderators moderate.

Edited by ditto_g

Guest Venompawz

Cool, looks good guys. I still have no idea how you all can whip up 3D stuff so effortlessly but I am not very good at thinking in 3D for art :smile:

Choppeh cheated. mods deleted my post.

I came up with the idea in TS, and in your haste to beat me to it, got your syntax wrong!!!

Nice tech center.

Bull I was already looking up you were just the first to voice it and wofl got it deleted because of his shitty internet. It really is a great Tech Center.

Guest Dukat863

Could you please post the top-right quarter of the monitor texture? I'm trying to read the terminal history.

EDIT: never-mind:

trinity-nmap1.jpg

Edited by Dukat863

Guest NodFan

Will these structures be map dependent?

Will the Ion cannon require a flare/beacon?

Did the Service Depot from blog 5 get textured?

YES

and hopefully it will be neither ;)

No not yet

the Ion Cannon obviously just requires the GDI Upgrade Center with the Ion Cannon component.

the Ion Cannon obviously just requires the GDI Upgrade Center with the Ion Cannon component.

I know that, I was just asking about it's aiming mechanism. (basically it sounds like the Ion Cannon will operate like a cannon)

Edited by Raptor29aa

Guest Mei Terumi

Wouldn't it be cool if the upgrade centers could be taken out individually from the main building? like if the ion canon node is taken out gdi looses access to use it. But it can be rebuilt for a price? Or even if both nodes have to be bought at the start of the game before gdi could use it.

Guest CYBERMAN

Nice blog, it has been a while, 6 months was it? :) It's nice to see that there is activity behind the curtain. :p The Tech Centre looks beautiful on the inside, and i can't wait untill that is textured.

Just wait til we get the footage ready from our last test ;)

I can hardly wait, lol.

Wouldn't it be cool if the upgrade centers could be taken out individually from the main building? like if the ion canon node is taken out gdi looses access to use it. But it can be rebuilt for a price? Or even if both nodes have to be bought at the start of the game before gdi could use it.

I find that to be an interesting idea, i think it would almost be like you've just come down from the Tiberian Sun topographic view, and are now on the ground. It would also promote strategy if you have to build it at the start of the game, instead of those old "Ion rushes" i've heard, and seen soo much of in Renegade, you would have to find new strategies :p. Maybe make it something like every player having to chip in $90 to build the tower. That might also promote teamwork.

Edited by CYBERMAN

• 1 month later...
Guest -SF-Solar Fox

:bandwagon:

This is really OFF TOPIC and should be removed, and even marked as SPAM! :cop:

Edited by -SF-Solar Fox

• 2 weeks later...