Blog 9 - Still Alive

Guest APB_ICE

Whatever happened to the "weekly updates" that BHP kept promising? At best we usually get one blog every 3 - 5 months, and that's simply unacceptable. There is a serious lack of communication between BHP and the fans, and that is a major problem.

Danpaul: We don't even need screenshots. We don't care if there's nothing to physically show. We just want something. Anything. Something at least every month that says 'Hi, we're still working!'. Something is always infinitely better than nothing, no matter how trivial that 'something' may seem.

Even just a brief paragraph explaining what issues have been fixed recently and/or what is currently being worked on. We don't care if it's boring code or whatever. We still want to know what's going on, and it's wrong to keep the loyal fans in the dark like this. If I was on the Devteam, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'd take the time to write a little devblog at least every month, so the fans know what's going on and that stuff is, in fact, being done. Communication and feedback are crucially important to the success of any project, and that's something that I and many others feel that BHP seriously lacks right now.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

C'mon guys. Stop bitching. Free games are free.

With these games, the makers are gonna release/post stuff when they feel it's ready to be fucking awesome.

IMO, APB is pretty fucking awesome.

So what if some promises are broken. I hate promises. I never promise anything, so I can save my own ass.

To the devs, thank you so much for some cool shit. C&C was cool enough to motivate you guys to make some cool mods. Thank you, it is fun!

Guest The_G(ness)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Enduar" data-cid="520226" data-time="1360408924"><p>

You're waving it off like it's nothing. We're waving it in your face telling you it's been a year with nothing to show for it. We're not asking for much, here, just transparency.

</p></blockquote>

If you want them to "owe" you something, become a producer.

Until then, the game is a free game; the creators are volunteers; and they have the freedom of not having to "owe" anybody anything.

States' Rights.

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

@ Enduar: Yeah, it is nothing, IMO. I mean yes I would love it if there was an update, but hey. It will come when the devs are ready. Have faith. The devs must be busy with more important matters. But one day, when their life permits it and their motivation sky rockets to make it, it will come.

Sry, not trying to be rude to people, but I feel we as fans, knowing what this game is, we shouldn't insist upon ourselves. I'm basically saying, c'mon guys, give the devs a break, they're only human, and they busy with just trying to survive with their stupid jobs stuff, just like me.

And yeah I don't really feel they owe me anything. They're the ones giving me frees stuff. Cha-Ching!

In the mean time, if u guys r still mad at Reborn breaking promises, do a bunch of crank, smoke all your weed, then pound back the 26er, get some pistols and grenade launchers, a few knives, and start fucking shit up while then listen to THIS:

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Guest Nod Guy

If I remember correctly, and I'm going way back right now, but wasn't there a weekly blog about A Path Beyond?

Anyway, it would be nice if some sort of information about Reborn was given, no matter what it's about. I've been following Reborn for many, many years and there's only been two public releases. The first release was killed and buried by the previous team (Renard and co. I think), and the second release was an Infantry Only "beta" that didn't last very long. I'm not trying to be selfish or anything, and I understand that this is a hobby for the developers. But c'mon, no matter how your life is going, if you're able to work on Reborn, you can put aside thirty minutes to write a blog. And if you're not able to work on Reborn, then tell us. At least let us know what's going on. Because every time I check these forums, all I see is post about suggestions and web-based games.

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
And if you're not able to work on Reborn, then tell us. At least let us know what's going on. Because every time I check these forums, all I see is post about suggestions and web-based games.

Judging by the lack of a new blog immediately after this one, one can see that the devs are indeed not able to work on Reborn. I basically just told the masses that for the devs. Wheres my parade!?

But seriously. There is nothing you can do but wait. It is obvious that devs have decided so far there is nothing to show yet. Be patient. Got eat some ice cream.

Guest Nod Guy

Just because the developers haven't posted any blogs, that doesn't mean they're not working on the mod. That would be like saying all of the developers on moddb.com don't work on their mods, since most of them leave big gaps in their updates.

And no, I won't go and eat some ice cream.

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Gibletsb's gets the banana split brownie earthquake sunday thingamajig with raspberries, strawberries, and platinum shavings then, instead of nod Guy.

@ Nod Guy: I think the devs are working behind the scenes too. I also think there is nothing significant which they have been working on that the devs want to post a blog about yet.

Guest Nod Guy

Haven't you been reading? We don't care if the blogs contain anything significant or not, we just want to be kept in the loop.

Ah well... Us two going on like this wouldn't change anything, so what's the point?

Guest C0de_man

Ofcourse we owe the devs nothing, but if they want to have a fan/playerbase(which is implied by having a public forum etc) then they must act accordingly to keep them interested.

Now i wouldnt even half complain as much if it were that APB was an actually decently playable game, but it has so many issues and also unused potential that i atleast want to know what is planned.

Also from what i have seen the public effortsAlso from what i have seen the public efforts are laughable at best, if they just dont have the time to work on it or need help they could say so.

Now if devs dont want us asking holes into what they have done recently then they could just "hey fuck off we are busy!", id respect that but on the other hand id lose interest.

Guest Zeta1125

How about some serious news, you say everything is messed up in code, so what exactly is everything. Why not get a PR guy and list what has happened with the code.

Titan walks awkwardly,

Bone won't work with animation

Maps won't load

It's been a long time and I never asked the team to "work faster" or "get the game out already" all I ask is "post some information, keep the community informed or you will lose the community and then no one will play after release."

If you say it's hard to describe coding issues then I suggest you get a good PR guy and let him figure out how to explain it.

Saying "coding is fucked, we're fixing it" isn't very imaginative and doesn't really show much commitment from your side to want to keep fans in the know.How about some serious news, you say everything is messed up in code, so what exactly is everything. Why not get a PR guy and list what has happened with the code.

Titan walks awkwardly,

Bone won't work with animation

Maps won't load

It's been a long time and I never asked the team to "work faster" or "get the game out already" all I ask is "post some information, keep the community informed or you will lose the community and then no one will play after release."

If you say it's hard to describe coding issues then I suggest you get a good PR guy and let him figure out how to explain it.

Saying "coding is fucked, we're fixing it" isn't very imaginative and doesn't really show much commitment from your side to want to keep fans in the know.

If you don't have a good PR guy or you simply don't have a PR guy, then I'm sure one of the forum posters would be glad to help.

There is stuff going on. I would post the above stuff that I posted unless something GOOD was happening.

I dont use REDACTED without reason. Its literally concealing something, pertaining to reborn

Edited by Nod00