AR :: September 2012 Battlefield Update

Guest Retaliation

I still think it's best if the aim helper is visible to all. Otherwise you may as well consider the V3 ARs' version of the sniper. There needs to be a disadvantage to using the aim helper. If there isn't, then make it standard fire mode since it's the only one that will get used because it's OP.

All the aim helper does is make the thing easier to use. Ease of use is ENTIRELY separate from how balanced something is. Furthermore without help V3s would be much harder to use than Prism Tanks (their allied equivalent) because of travel time and the projectile's arc. If you're afraid of artillery ending up like APB snipers you should actually be worried about prism tanks.

Guest Gibbletsb

I wrote that when I thought (erroneously) that pushing Q was the equivalent of the APB artillery primary and secondary fire mode. Although I re-read a few previous posts after and couldn't edit out that part.

So now I see why the aim helper needs to be invisible to the enemy. Would it be easier to use if it was Alt Mouse Button instead of Q?

Guest dangles20

I still think it's best if the aim helper is visible to all. Otherwise you may as well consider the V3 ARs' version of the sniper. There needs to be a disadvantage to using the aim helper. If there isn't, then make it standard fire mode since it's the only one that will get used because it's OP.

All the aim helper does is make the thing easier to use. Ease of use is ENTIRELY separate from how balanced something is. Furthermore without help V3s would be much harder to use than Prism Tanks (their allied equivalent) because of travel time and the projectile's arc. If you're afraid of artillery ending up like APB snipers you should actually be worried about prism tanks.

Yeah but Soviets have terror drones and prism tanks were really crap vs tanks

Guest MartinMb

New textures : magnifique !

Destructible buildings : This is AWESOME work guys !

Allied Walls : Do want. It is just perfect.

V3 Aim Helper : You guys are GENIOUS. Having tried this unit during the tests, I can tell this is really gonna help in-game.

New music : Really cool ! This means that there will be both the original RA2 soundtrack + new musics playing on the maps ?

Guest Generalcamo

From the looks of it, you guys are doing a good job.

I recommend that the walls get an alternative model with light damage, say a few scorch marks, and bullet holes. That way the "new" bases that are based in urban areas can look nice, while the older bases in rural areas can look like the soviets are trying to kill it. Use TT's new tools to give it even more flare.