Guest Gibbletsb

This is all very good news. Glad to read that advances are shared between projects.

An AI pathfinding system is sweeeeet. So we can have purchasable AI Ore Trucks now?!

As well with the changing Ore Fields the map maker can actually control the economy per level :D Early game rushes with close Gem field then Ore Fields in the middle of map for mid to late game income that requires a presence in the field. Or just an extractor beside the base that will mid to late game start to provide safe income. All lovely propositions :)

*Note to everyone whine and complain 1.5 months after the blogs stop coming and they'll start again:)

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

everyone, pick the warrior theme. it owns. No text color is too strong for it!

@ Gibblets:

buyable Ai ore trucks for APB and the rest would be ownage, so much more useful than driving around in one yourself.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Fair enough. I'm having lots of fun with APB as it is, even with only 8 players at peak times this past weak.

Guest Retaliation

I'm pretty sure it was an intentional misspelling ICE. He was making a pun about how weak the community has been in only getting up to 8 players at peak time.

Guest Retaliation

*plausible

:v:

Sonar's an advocate for spelling the English Language phonetically!

If Sonar says the I like an A that is, and I'm pretty sure someone named sonarpulse knows how to sound out words.

*plausible

:v:

Sonar's an advocate for spelling the English Language phonetically!

If Sonar says the I like an A that is, and I'm pretty sure someone named sonarpulse knows how to sound out words.

!!!!

''A'' is not an existing phonym. :v:

Guest APB_ICE

Hey, I wish English was more phonetically-spelt too, but unless a major reform happens (which sadly won't happen since English is so widespread now), then I shall continue to insist on proper spelling.

Pərsənəlee, if ii cʊd tshaanj thu speling uv Inglish, it wʊd probublee lʊk sumthing liik this. :eng101:

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Retaliation

Hey, I wish English was more phonetically-spelt too, but unless a major reform happens (which sadly won't happen since English is so widespread now), then I shall continue to insist on proper spelling.

Pərsənəlee, if ii cʊd tshaanj thu speling uv Inglish, it wʊd probublee lʊk sumthing liik this. :eng101:

For much of it's history, English was spelled phonetically until effective English dictionaries were produced. If you've ever read really old writing (which I bet you have) that's why they look a lot like your example!

I think it's obvious why that couldn't continue.

Then again I'm just making up nonsense reasons for those spellings to be valid so you can't exactly say I'm a proponent of standardi(z/s)ed spelling ;o.

Edited by Retaliation

Guest APB_ICE

Retaliation: Lol I actually made up that spelling on my own, although I did base it off of certain aspects of Dutch spelling and the International Phonetic Alphabet. :wink:

I've also thought of several simple modifications to English spelling which would drastically improve its phonetics and consistency, yet be relatively easy to implement.

Alas, it will never happen, unless I become a Great Dictator sometime in the future. :sigh:

Guest APB_ICE

After the Apocalypse (rising), you might get your chance.

Fingers crossed!

Hey, who knows? Maybe I'll just start tiiping mii sentənsəz liik this and maabee it'l stort tuu catsh on. :v:

Edited by APB_ICE

• 5 months later...
Guest APB_ICE

Great work,I have been keeping tabs with the AR project and the ideas are quite intresting, defiantly worth playing!

Is playing AR considered an act of rebellion? :v:

j/k

Edited by APB_ICE

• 1 month later...