Blog 10 - I hear you guys like videos

Wallywood

Guest Gibbletsb

Reborn....is....NOT....Dead?!?

So how does the Ion Storm affect the gameplay? Are certain vehicles and buildings disabled, does the radar get shut down during that time?

I wish the ion storm were more "closer" to the battlefield rather than just a weather background animation, so that you could see the lightning hitting units and buildings to see what was damaged/disabled.

CR looks really badass.

Also lol, a drunkblarg?

Guest nomaner

Looks great, except for a couple of things about the Ion Storm.

1. Random lightning strikes like in game

2. The Ion storm used a green filter instead of a yellow like in TS

mqdefault.jpg169195-command-conquer-tiberian-sun-wind

Guest APB_ICE

Awesome! :dance:

The Ion Storms will definitely add a much-needed dose of nostalgia to Reborn, although I wish we could actually have random lightning strikes on the map. :allears:

Now, if only we could get blowing sand effects too! :dance: Most cutscenes in TS had sand drifts or sand storms:

Oh, and growing Tiberium! 205261.png

Anyway, nice update! :D

Edited by APB_ICE

Now, if only we could get blowing sand effects too! :dance: Most cutscenes in TS had sand drifts or sand storms:

I am 90% sure that if Westwood was able to put sandstorms in the actual game without screwing up performance or gameplay, they would have.

Guest APB_ICE
I am 90% sure that if Westwood was able to put sandstorms in the actual game without screwing up performance or gameplay, they would have.

Are you referring to Tib' Sun or Renegade?

Are you referring to Tib' Sun or Renegade?

Tiberian Sun, of course. Renegade did have one or two minor sandstorms on a few levels in the campaign.

EaW has sandstorms on desert planets, but they occur randomly and have an effect of diminishing LoS as well as a decrease in laser effectiveness. We could take these two factors into account (to an extent).

Ion storms will prolly stay close to effect they have now. Can't do the effects that were exactly like ts. But we're going to try to get as close as we can. As of right now ion storms only cut power and radars. But as we patch they will be able to do a little more.

Guest SirJustin

Love the Cyborg... his ability to pin looks great, and is going to be devastating when used properly.

But as mention the ion storm lacked. :'( But hopefully in time.. lightning attacks could be added somehow.

Guest SirJustin
So... how exactly are infantry supposed to deal with cyborg reapers?

Well one thing that will be happening is that a reload nerf or a certain amount of nets. But yes as Dan paul said BIGGER GUNS !!!!

I would rather a reload nerf, enough to give save 3 seconds of gunning time per reload at most? (for the person netted)

Limited nets would be painful.

Edited by SirJustin

I think limited ammo would be a better idea. I foresee situations where the Reaper can simply find cover for the short amount of time between net uses where the infantry are able to move/fight back, they aren't exactly slow.

The reaper shouldn't have limited ammo because nod has no service depot to restore the ammo (unlike GDI). So a longer cooldown would make more sense.

Ghostalker would be a good counter, or an anti-tank unit, or a wolverine (which I am looking forward to piloting).

Lastly cyborg repears are similar to wolverines in my opinion, both are anti-infantry. Just one uses a net while the other uses twin machine guns.