Blog 10 - I hear you guys like videos

Wallywood

Guest Zeta1125

Although I liked the videos, I'd like to know what exactly is it that is holding up the mod? As always I'm not asking the team to work faster, nor am I asking for the mod to be released sooner. What I want to know is, what needs to be done before it is released, what problems are you experiencing, when and how do you expect to solve them.

I would love to see a list of what you expect will be featured in the first release, a list of units, maps and features. And finally, what exactly is available and working properly so far? What maps what infantry, what vehicles, what buildings, what features.

Those are the types of PR posts I'm looking for.

Well mostly what's holding us up is a lot of little things. Script bugs, Vehicle physics, Map converting/ updating, And mostly balance. Our initial plan to release all units, buildings and features is not going to work right now. So what we're going to do Is release what is ready. And Patchin further features buildings and maps as we progress. For example underground units will not have their underground feature At first. Things like the veteran System Has been pushed back to a further patch. But as of right now most of the primary units in Tiberian Sun are in game. If we were to release the game as is the fans would not be happy. But with that said a little bit of polish and a few changes will be exactly what we need to get this released to the public.

Guest SirJustin
I think limited ammo would be a better idea. I foresee situations where the Reaper can simply find cover for the short amount of time between net uses where the infantry are able to move/fight back, they aren't exactly slow.

Not quite, I mean it WILL win one on one.. that is the point.. it could easily just kill you while pinned.

The point is to have 2 or more attacking it, and not standing close.. it would be unable to pin both at the same time.

IF limited ammo was needed, hopefully not, it would need to regenerate slowly. Otherwise you get a gimped and not so useful/fun reaper.

Edited by SirJustin

Despite having missiles, I think that the biggest weakness to the Cyborg Reaper will be vehicles. The almighty Titan, for example, should have no problem 1-on-1, and the Mammoth Mk. II (if they have a build limit of one) should theoretically be able to one-shot a CR.

If nothing else, I think there should be a range limit on the net. As in, outranged by rockets. In addition, if the infantry unit is in a tunnel or anywhere else that would prevent the net from pinning him in a real situation (such as in the door of a building), he should be fine. This is all balanced by the CR being a nightmare to infantry out in the open.

Guest SirJustin

I don't see any need to limit to net to where it can work at all, and range shouldn't be a issue, as long as the net projectile, if used is slow. Then you could just move, and if not... it's time to hide.

Edited by SirJustin

Because sometimes debats and discussions in here turn in to pointless shit slinging posts.

Seriously? So now the testers aren't allowed to debate balancing with the outside community because some of the older blogs got heated? Nothing here was discussed that wasn't already mentioned in the blog, dude, and there wasn't even the slightest hint at shit-slinging.

Sorry buddy, but if you wanted to avoid conflict this was the last post you could have made- care to rephrase that in a way that doesn't indicate a grudge against how some of the older blogs were handled?

Because sometimes debats and discussions in here turn in to pointless shit slinging posts.

Seriously? So now the testers aren't allowed to debate balancing with the outside community because some of the older blogs got heated? Nothing here was discussed that wasn't already mentioned in the blog, dude, and there wasn't even the slightest hint at shit-slinging.

Sorry buddy, but if you wanted to avoid conflict this was the last post you could have made- care to rephrase that in a way that doesn't indicate a grudge against how some of the older blogs were handled?

Testers should really be talking about the game balance of the test builds in the testing forum. It's fairly logical right?

Seeing as the current test build's balance isn't representative of what the release build's balance will be; if someone says "X unit is broken and will kill Y unit when Z happens", it can unintentionally stir up worries over whether the final build will be balanced or not.

Saying that, "sometimes debates and discussions in here turn into pointless shit slinging" is quite a bold statement to make, but the the key word you're looking for here is sometimes.

Guest SirJustin

Also i was talking simply of what I saw in the video, nothing else. Either way I'm well for testers forum.

It's just easier this way to control the amount of info that COULD be leaked by mistake.

Very true, and I agree completely.

Guest bluecape

good to here the past years of wait for the update have not been for nothing. and great job on the game so far. im worndering hows the titan and mk II mammoth coming along

Edited by bluecape

Guest bluecape

Titans are fine, the MMK is HUGE and hard to stir....like I guess it should be :/

good to here the titan and the mk II was one of my fav units in the tib univiers

Edited by bluecape