Blog 11 - Gameplay is the key!

Hello everyone and welcome to this Tiberian Sun: Reborn update! We have been a little on the quiet side recently but we have also posted some new videos in our last update! So, let's see what's in the blog!

New Game Intro!

Awhile ago, Kalle Bowo redid his intro movie for Reborn's Infantry Beta. The old version was nice but just lacked the feel we were going for. So to incorporate the new name and full version of the game, we have a new intro movie!

Check it out!

New In-game Footage

We recently had a few test games of the latest internal build of TS:R and it's really fun to play, not to mention how it feels is amazing as well. So to try and share with you guys our experience of this, some of us recorded the games. Here is our most recent video showing off the latest internal client, enjoy!

Sweet Endings

That's it for us with this update, be sure to keep following us here, on Facebook and on IndieDB.

Guest Mei Terumi

Love it, looks very clean as it should.

From being a beta tester myself im not seeing alot of change since last year. Just get the bugs fixed and the glitches etc and release it :D plus the code. Wasn't there a vehicle that would boot you from it if you deployed it. Was that fixed?

Theres not much cosmetic difference from last years testing, but there are a lot of under the hood improvements and balance changes being implemented... we also had to rebuild a lot of the LE presets from scratch due to poor version coherency in the past

Alucard, on 13 Mar 2013 - 05:26, said:

plus the code.

The code is in scripts.dll, which was recently shipped on renegade forums. There have been additional fixes for Reborn bits since that particular version that will be included in the next scripts.dll release.

Guest Timeaua

Finally something that shows progress. Nice to see the mobile stealth generator and the deployment of the ticktank working. To the subterranean units: It is a bad idea to add them later into the game, since they have a huge inpact on the balance.

To have them from the beginning in the balance-concept will make it much easier.

Guest Retaliation

not even 4 seconds when gameplay starts i see a text of catalyst killing me >_>

If it makes you feel better count how many times Catalyst dies in the video :p

Speaking of revenge, these clips are out of order! The bombing run kill at 1:45 (5 minutes left in game) is in fact the culmination of all my efforts to get rid of you starting at your kill at the 2:05 mark (19 minutes left in game)

Finally something that shows progress. Nice to see the mobile stealth generator and the deployment of the ticktank working. To the subterranean units: It is a bad idea to add them later into the game, since they have a huge inpact on the balance.

To have them from the beginning in the balance-concept will make it much easier.

They have pretty much everything in already. Getting it all to work properly is the trick.

Guest TheMojoJockey

i want in closed beta whos dick do i have to suck

When BlueHell wants new testers, they will usually post on the front page asking for applications. A new batch was hired a couple months ago.

When BlueHell wants new testers, they will usually post on the front page asking for applications. A new batch was hired a couple months ago.

*unzips*

not even 4 seconds when gameplay starts i see a text of catalyst killing me >_>

If it makes you feel better count how many times Catalyst dies in the video :p

Speaking of revenge, these clips are out of order! The bombing run kill at 1:45 (5 minutes left in game) is in fact the culmination of all my efforts to get rid of you starting at your kill at the 2:05 mark (19 minutes left in game)

Yeah, I know :p I was trying to keep a nice flow through the action though so I chopped and changed stuff about a bit. Glad to know you spent an entire game trying to kill my green balls of doom machine though :)