Blog 12 - Announcements?

Welcome to all of you Tiberian Sun: Reborn fans, as the title suggests this is one of the days that you have been waiting for! I apologize for how short it will be.

The moment you have all been waiting for!!

That's right, we are finally here. After a year of work on the project under BlueHell Productions we are very proud to announce that Tiberian Sun: Reborn shall be released on May 17th.

The game will include 16 maps, almost all vehicles, all infantry plus the new additions and alterations we have made!

There will also be an FDS released closer to the release date for all you server owners out there!

A Beautiful Glow

That's it for this announcement update, we hope you are looking forward to the release! Be sure to keep following us here, on IndieDB and Facebook!

Guest Generalcamo

It's an old running joke.

May I ask: Will the new modding SDK for reborn be released the same day? A few of the old reborn people will remember that we had a huge amount of maps we were working on, before it went out.

Guest Retaliation

What if the joke is they are actually releasing it then all the while we all are thinking its a april 1st joke?

OR we figured you would figure it was a joke of joke and we planned around that. HA!

I'm in favor of the interpretation of the AR blog being a april fools joke, to cover up that the TS:R blog is not an april fools joke, by showing us that BHP is making april fools jokes this year.

Edited by Retaliation

What if the joke is they are actually releasing it then all the while we all are thinking its a april 1st joke?

OR we figured you would figure it was a joke of joke and we planned around that. HA!

I'm in favor of the interpretation of the AR blog being a april fools joke, to cover up that the TS:R blog is not an april fools joke, by showing us that BHP is making april fools jokes this year.

Or that could be reversed. There are pics proving OWAs blog

Guest APB_ICE

I'm in favor of the interpretation of the AR blog being an April fools joke, to cover up that the TS:R blog is not an April fools joke, by showing us that BHP is making April fools jokes this year.

Or that could be reversed. There are pics proving OWA's blog.

But pictures make for a better distraction and, therefore, a more convincing cover-up.

It'll be longer than May 17th before Reborn is out. There's some major engine work, balancing and re-rigging to be done sadly. Sorry to burst your bubble guys.

No kidding OWA, I've never seen so many bugs in our internal testing as I have with Reborn!

Are you talking about the EMP stuff that randomly decides on when to work and when to be borked?

Guest MartinMb

Reborn shall be released on May 17th.

... of unspecified year. :awesome:

Old C&C fans like me know that Reborn is always coming out soon, since 2003.

Guest APB_ICE

On that topic, the games could use some (normal) wildlife eventually. It'd really liven things up a bit. For example, remember that lizard in the MSG cutscene, or the little bird in the atomic dud cutscene? Maybe have a few insects flying through the air?

Edited by APB_ICE

On that topic, the games could use some (normal) wildlife eventually. It'd really liven things up a bit. For example, remember that lizard in the MSG cutscene, or the little bird in the atomic dud cutscene? Maybe have a few insects flying through the air?

Well considering its hard enough to find someone who can rig/texture/animate for this engine I really don't think I'm going to have them waste their time on lizards that maybe spent less then a min. On screen or bugs that would be unnoticed. With your complaints about some much lag already, do you really think this would help?

Tiberium lifeforms like the fiend dog/pig/boar thing, visceroids, floaters. NPCs to kill.

Now, this would be worth it.

Guest TheMojoJockey

Tiberium lifeforms like the fiend dog/pig/boar thing, visceroids, floaters. NPCs to kill.

Now, this would be worth it.

Hmmm... if we can find someone to do the bones for a dog for APB it would basically carry over to all other projects.