Video "Shorts"

Guest XD_ERROR_XD

i guess you were sneaking up him in the first fragment so he couldn't hear you...? :p

anyways, nicely done, i never really thought about the chameleon spy making a return in Reborn, but yeah :D

Guest Generalcamo

Will the chameleon spy have the same ability it was supposed to have in TS as well?

For all those that don't know, this was exactly as it was in Red Alert. It was cut because Westwood had no way to distinguish who used the spy, so the information recieved was available to everyone, but the voices were heard in the "scout" unit from the first mission of Firestorm for Nod.

I don't know what the spy did in RA or RA2 because I never used them, but I'm going to hazard a guess at... no. Not in the initial release anyway. It stabs things. And has a pistol. And some decoy C4.

It's a scouting-support unit. Stealthed with binoculars. Doing distractions with decoy c4-s and stabbing people from behind are just a bonus to keep the player using it entertained.

I don't know what the spy did in RA or RA2 because I never used them, but I'm going to hazard a guess at... no. Not in the initial release anyway. It stabs things. And has a pistol. And some decoy C4.

It's a scouting-support unit. Stealthed with binoculars. Doing distractions with decoy c4-s and stabbing people from behind are just a bonus to keep the player using it entertained.

Except that it un-stealths when it uses its Binos. :v:

How is that a problem? You only use binoculars if something is VERY far away. So even if it sees you, you are way gone from there by the time it gets there

Guest Inferno

It's a scouting-support unit. Stealthed with binoculars. Doing distractions with decoy C4-s and stabbing people from behind are just a bonus to keep the player using it entertained.

How is that a problem? You only use binoculars if something is VERY far away. So even if it sees you, you are way gone from there by the time it gets there

Implying that there are no other units nearby, that the spy is either aware or not aware of.

Guest ChronoSeth

How is that a problem?

Because it is in complete defiance of logic. There's no reason for a stealth suit to suddenly stop functioning when its user looks through a pair of binoculars. :v:

As opposed for it to suddenly stop functioning when he swings a knife?

How overpowered would he be if he could kill people while staying stealthed? Binoculars can't kill, and the fact players unstealth while using them is a bug, not a feature. 8)

Wouldn't it then also be logical that he needs to see the binoculars to be able to use them? At any rate, I'd consider using binocs as something active and I find it perfectly fine to have the unit decloak to use them.

However, I'd also be perfectly fine with it being the other way. I'm just saying that I don't think it makes sense to try to find logic in an argument about cloaking devices and conditions for them turning off.

Guest XD_ERROR_XD

looking at video short #2... at 1:48, did that cyborg reaper just squish someone or was it the explosion? cyborg reapers REALLY shouldn't be able to squish infantry. lol

Guest Timeaua

Dunno if its a big coding effort. But is it possible, that if the reaper gets destroyed, a cyborg charaktermodel should spawn out of this reaper. Not the charaktormodel, which you were, when you bought the cyborgreaper. Or better, no charactormodel should spawn

Edited by Timeaua

Guest XD_ERROR_XD

isn't the cyborg reaper basically a cyborg in a sort of exo-skeleton? it would be kinda funny that if the reaper died a cyborg without legs would pop out, just saying :p

Guest Timeaua

Right now im pretty sure no one will really use these binoculars. What about coding a script, where you can mark enemy tanks, infantry and orcas with the binoculars. The marked units will be marked for your teammates, too. The marking will stay for about 40 seconds. Its a bit like a 3D spotting in the current battlefield games. This will support the role as a spy even more.

Right now im pretty sure no one will really use these binoculars. What about coding a script, where you can mark enemy tanks, infantry and orcas with the binoculars. The marked units will be marked for your teammates, too. The marking will stay for about 40 seconds. Its a bit like a 3D spotting in the current battlefield games. This will support the role as a spy even more.

Will throw this idea at the coders but this certainly won't come for the first release.

Also Timeaua, check your personal messages here on the forums please.

Guest APB_ICE

Personally, I'd rather see binoculars as a sort of directional stealth-detection device. Marking targets/objectives would be another useful feature.

Personally, I'd rather see binoculars as a sort of directional stealth-detection device. Marking targets/objectives would be another useful feature.

both things are possible and one of them is something i have coded already and the other is something i'm planning to code.

EDIT : fixed typo

Edited by triattack

Guest Sonarpulse

A script that would spawn a mark on the minimap when the warhead it is attached to collides with something would be probably quite useful for many things. In this case just give the binoculars a hitscan primary fire with an invisible warhead with that script.