Blog 13 - A Fun Game

Guest Chronojam

Except that Hourglass is the only map which causes that. No other map in APB or Reborn does anything like it, so I would think it's a problem with the map.

Hourglass is the only map which causes that, and you're the only player experiencing that. So the performance problems you're experiencing must be the result of putting two bad things together.

Guest APB_ICE

Except that Hourglass is the only map which causes that. No other map in APB or Reborn does anything like it, so I would think it's a problem with the map.

Hourglass is the only map which causes that, and you're the only player experiencing that. So the performance problems you're experiencing must be the result of putting two bad things together.

There was at least one other player who had the same problem, but I can't remember their name. :sweatdrop:

Anyway, I look forward to testing the newly streamlined Hourglass. Who knows, maybe the reduced load will be enough to fix my problem. :shobon:

Guest KevinLancaster

The Mammoth Mk2 doesn't have backward bending legs because it was too annoying to animate right?

Also, could its animations be used for a dog?

I'm sure that if it were that simple, the Dev's would already be trying it. Alas, with characters it's more than just animations. Attack Dogs, Tiberian Fiends and Cows ( :emot-haw:) will need to have an entirely new skeleton made for them, as the default (human) version apparently can't adequately support the movements of quadrupeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_animation

However, once skeletons for quadrupeds and birds are actually made, the possibilities are endless. Imagine Reborn featuring Fiends, scorpions and lizards from the TS cutscenes! Or if APB had that little blue bird from the 'dud' cutscene flying around. :dance: And of course we can't forget cows in AR. Ivan needs practice targets! :emot-haw:

Make it a vehicle you can't exit?

Guest APB_ICE

The Mammoth Mk2 doesn't have backward bending legs because it was too annoying to animate right?

Also, could its animations be used for a dog?

I'm sure that if it were that simple, the Dev's would already be trying it. Alas, with characters it's more than just animations. Attack Dogs, Tiberian Fiends and Cows ( :emot-haw:) will need to have an entirely new skeleton made for them, as the default (human) version apparently can't adequately support the movements of quadrupeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_animation

However, once skeletons for quadrupeds and birds are actually made, the possibilities are endless. Imagine Reborn featuring Fiends, scorpions and lizards from the TS cutscenes! Or if APB had that little blue bird from the 'dud' cutscene flying around. :dance: And of course we can't forget cows in AR. Ivan needs practice targets! :emot-haw:

Make it a vehicle you can't exit?

Theoretically, it could work if the Kennel could be made into its own production structure and the unit works like the Cyborg Reaper, although you wouldn't be able to jump.

Guest KevinLancaster

Will we be able to re-enact this? I will probably be the first man shooting.

Edited by KevinLancaster

Guest KevinLancaster

Did you finish the Radars and the Service Depot? Tech/Upgrade Centers? Stealth Generator? Defenses? Also is Hunter Seeker in? Is GDI underpowered? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Edited by KevinLancaster

Guest Timeaua

There will only be a mobile stealth generator, which cloaks units, but no buildings. Ive seen Oberlisk, RPG tower, vulcan tower and laser turrets in the last videos. I havent seen AA turrets yet. Hunter seeker arent in the first release. Tech and Upgrade centers arent in the first release.

And yes. GDI is underpowered. The testers are all Kanes slaves. Those aim is to inbalance the game for nods victory. TS Reborn is promotion for Nod

Edited by Timeaua

Did you finish the Radars and the Service Depot? Tech/Upgrade Centers? Stealth Generator? Defenses? Also is Hunter Seeker in? Is GDI underpowered? Sorry for asking so many questions.

The service Depot is ingame, and GDI's only way of repairing vehicles. (Nod has the mobile repair vehicle.)

Radars, Tech and Upgrade centers are not. (Will come in a later release.)

The stealth generator, no. But we do have the mobile Stealth Generator ingame, so we already have the code ready, we're just not putting it in yet.

All defenses are ingame.

The Hunter Seekers, not yet, as we don't have any superweapons ingame right now. Stay tuned for more information on that later ?this? year.

About the balance, currently, GDI and Nod are pretty well balanced, but there are still some issues.

As for asking so many questions, no problem. We're happy that people want to play this game after these many years. :keke:

Guest KevinLancaster

What will provide Radar then? Will it just be by default on for all maps? What about the...oh wait never-mind (I was about to ask about the tech level and building requirements for various units based upon the game logic in TS, but then I realized neither APB nor Renegade has a full tech tree based upon the RTSs).

Will the balance issues be fixed for the release?

What do engineers do right now, since they can't hack? Also, are repairable bridges still in?

Edited by KevinLancaster

What will provide Radar then? Will it just be by default on for all maps? What about the...oh wait never-mind (I was about to ask about the tech level and building requirements for various units based upon the game logic in TS, but then I realized neither APB nor Renegade has a full tech tree based upon the RTSs).

Will the balance issues be fixed for the release?

What do engineers do right now, since they can't hack? Also, are repairable bridges still in?

Currently, the radar is active on all maps.

The balance issues will (hopefully) be fixed before release.

As for the engineers, they can't hack yet, but to get players used to engineers attacking buildings, they deal damage against structures using their briefcases.

Destroyable bridges are not in for this release.

Guest KevinLancaster

Are you guys going to post the Reborn short and the gameplay Teaser Trailer on IndieDB? I'm surprise you didn't. The mod profile seems lacking in recent content, and it could drum up some attention.

Edited by KevinLancaster

Guest Zeta1125

Does anyone know if there will be a US server?

What's annoying for me is that everyone plays on a euro server for APB while no one is on the US server. Here in South America the US server gives me a decent ping, but the euro server makes my ping extremely high and it makes it hard to play well (running over people, winning one on one shoot outs cause my bullets miss, etc.)

Does anyone know if there will be a US server?

What's annoying for me is that everyone plays on a euro server for APB while no one is on the US server. Here in South America the US server gives me a decent ping, but the euro server makes my ping extremely high and it makes it hard to play well (running over people, winning one on one shoot outs cause my bullets miss, etc.)

The current server is a US server.

Guest Electrocaseal

Someone Say Tiberian Fiends? I know I shouldn't brag about this horrible act but I'm not a fan of XWIS server after they got a tiberian sun admin so I thought I;d scare the shit out of them by using their autoss anticheat protection against them advertising my cheats too bad i spelled my url wrong lol. im disappointed i couldnt help you guys i use lightwave a lot which is what westwood used for tiberian sun and of course i prefer the modeling and unwrapping tools in 3ds max. hurry up and release the mod!

http://xwis.net/ts/pl/hacker/

BzAUdAC.jpgb08X0ya.jpg

Guest Elsa

It's easy when you have a fancy $1000 gaming rig and a super-high-speed internet connection, but the rest of us have to make do with what we have, and this is why engine-efficiency and netcode improvements are so important.

Try $5,000 and come back to me.

Guest APB_ICE

It's easy when you have a fancy $1000 $2000 gaming rig and a super-high-speed internet connection, but the rest of us have to make do with what we have, and this is why engine-efficiency and netcode improvements are so important.

You just proved my point.

Edited by APB_ICE

;p Even when we had reflects on water, PT with tons of animation, I never had any fps issues.

(16 Go DDr3, Core i7 950, GTX 580... and now core i7 3820 and GTX 680. and I didn't need 2000$ to get this)

Some old videos to show it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4uh7tlVFz4

And god, I miss that water effect so much!

I consider FPS issues to be things like performing significantly worse than other games that look much better on the same hardware. Reborn has a ton of them. As for core system specs, I have a Core i7 3930k, 2x GTX 670, 16GB of RAM, and a 256GB Vertex 4. Those easily come up to $2500 worth of hardware, and it's not counting things like the case, monitors (3x 24" Dell U2410) or other internal hardware (like the other 6 drives, RAID controller, and sound card.)

I consider FPS issues to be things like performing significantly worse than other games that look much better on the same hardware. Reborn has a ton of them. As for core system specs, I have a Core i7 3930k, 2x GTX 670, 16GB of RAM, and a 256GB Vertex 4. Those easily come up to $2500 worth of hardware, and it's not counting things like the case, monitors (3x 24" Dell U2410) or other internal hardware (like the other 6 drives, RAID controller, and sound card.)

Dream machine :D... I would love to have tri-screen setup. But my office is too small for it.

Guest NodFan

It's easy when you have a fancy $1000 $2000 gaming rig and a super-high-speed internet connection, but the rest of us have to make do with what we have, and this is why engine-efficiency and netcode improvements are so important.

You dont really need a gaming rig computer, of course you can just simply buy a $100 gaming video card and insert it in your normal Computer and you will still be able to play powerful graphic games (like BF3).

I have AMD Radeon XFX 6770, but I admit tho that I have a suckish internet connection.

Edited by NodFan

Guest APB_ICE

You dont really need a gaming rig computer, of course you can just simply buy a $100 gaming video card and insert it in your normal Computer and you will still be able to play powerful graphic games (like BF3).

I have AMD Radeon XFX 6770, but I admit tho that I have a suckish internet connection.

Except that I can't, because my computer is a laptop which is permanently stuck with on-board graphics. :argh:

Unless you know of a way to get around this giant fucking piss-off little problem...?

Guest NodFan

Nope as far as what I know, laptops can't have their video cards changed, so they are stuck with whatever type of graphics card they have.

@Renardin, yeah I just noticed that the new water right now does not have any reflections, what happened to that old beautiful water reflection.

Edited by NodFan