Blog 13 - A Fun Game

Guest Chronojam

Guest Elsa

I consider FPS issues to be things like performing significantly worse than other games that look much better on the same hardware. Reborn has a ton of them. As for core system specs, I have a Core i7 3930k, 2x GTX 670, 16GB of RAM, and a 256GB Vertex 4. Those easily come up to $2500 worth of hardware, and it's not counting things like the case, monitors (3x 24" Dell U2410) or other internal hardware (like the other 6 drives, RAID controller, and sound card.)

Damn Son, i've got 3x24" U2410 and 3x24" U2412's :)

Guest Elsa

It's easy when you have a fancy $1000 $2000 gaming rig and a super-high-speed internet connection, but the rest of us have to make do with what we have, and this is why engine-efficiency and netcode improvements are so important.

Try $5,000 and come back to me.

You just proved my point.

You dont really need a gaming rig computer, of course you can just simply buy a $100 gaming video card and insert it in your normal Computer and you will still be able to play powerful graphic games (like BF3).

I have AMD Radeon XFX 6770, but I admit tho that I have a suckish internet connection.

Except that I can't, because my computer is a laptop which is permanently stuck with on-board graphics. :argh:

Unless you know of a way to get around this giant fucking piss-off little problem...?

http://www.overclock.net/t/983766/discrete-pci-e-graphics-card-adapter-for-laptops-pics

Guest APB_ICE

It's easy when you have a fancy $1000 $2000 gaming rig and a super-high-speed internet connection, but the rest of us have to make do with what we have, and this is why engine-efficiency and netcode improvements are so important.

Try $5,000 and come back to me.

You just proved my point.

You dont really need a gaming rig computer, of course you can just simply buy a $100 gaming video card and insert it in your normal Computer and you will still be able to play powerful graphic games (like BF3).

I have AMD Radeon XFX 6770, but I admit tho that I have a suckish internet connection.

Except that I can't, because my computer is a laptop which is permanently stuck with on-board graphics. :argh:

Unless you know of a way to get around this giant fucking piss-off little problem...?

http://www.overclock.net/t/983766/discrete-pci-e-graphics-card-adapter-for-laptops-pics

Hmm...

Nope as far as what I know, laptops can't have their video cards changed, so they are stuck with whatever type of graphics card they have.

@Renardin, yeah I just noticed that the new water right now does not have any reflections, what happened to that old beautiful water reflection.

Saberhawk lost his source but it seems he will make it again for another release, thank god (or Saberhawk, they are the same to me)

Guest Timeaua

The stealth generator, no. But we do have the mobile Stealth Generator ingame, so we already have the code ready, we're just not putting it in yet.

Is it because of balance issues? How exactly will it work? You buy it from the warfactory and deploy it somewhere. In its radius all units get invisible. But will the ability still function, when I leave the Mobile stealth generator?

And how will the underground vehicles work? Will you spawn 300 meters below in an extra modeled underground system, like it was in the reborn beta 2003? Or will the camera position wont change, while you are "undergound". You just dont see the unitmodel. Is the problem solved, where you could spawn into other vehicles?

The stealth generator, no. But we do have the mobile Stealth Generator ingame, so we already have the code ready, we're just not putting it in yet.

Is it because of balance issues? How exactly will it work? You buy it from the warfactory and deploy it somewhere. In its radius all units get invisible. But will the ability still function, when I leave the Mobile stealth generator?

And how will the underground vehicles work? Will you spawn 300 meters below in an extra modeled underground system, like it was in the reborn beta 2003? Or will the camera position wont change, while you are "undergound". You just dont see the unitmodel. Is the problem solved, where you could spawn into other vehicles?

I think that you should be able to find out for yourself once the game is released.