Blog 13 - A Fun Game

Guest Chronojam

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

:airquote: So,play RA:APB to wait TS:R release. :airquote:

NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS THAT GAME ANYMORE

Gawd damn, 3 v 3 is so FUCKING boring.

I long for ginormous, max player battles.

TS:R will have wicked map appeal, IMO. The maps are so much more cooler in it than APB.

But yeah, the release of TS:R should be fun. Thanks for the continued modding devs! Me being mr. C&C nostalgia man, I'm gonna play the shit outta this.

I still play the shit outta APB, but... theres just nobody around... and that makes me a sad panda.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Guest KevinLancaster

Sometimes, because I too hate low player count gameplay, I start up a LAN server...and then run around by myself.

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Guest Hirraken

iv done that before on matches just to screw around, and get the lay of the land on a map.

wasnt mening to be a troll-ish kind of person. ive been sticking around since this project was in it's infant stages. and it just seems like there has been nothing but setbacks for the most part. but i do apologize. and grats on the work btw. looking forward to usinga titan or a 'naught to rainsome destruction down. just hope its not more thena few weeks though.

Hate to be more disappointment but Juggernauts have been removed for the first public release, They are too borked and we don't feel like hold up a public release to wait on one unit. But it WILL be patched in at a later time.

lol, long as i got the titan, ill be happy.

Let me put it this way, the titan is probably my favorite vehicle in the entire game right now, it's hard to aim while walking, but that doesn't really matter, as it's a very nice unit. :wink:

In response:

well, i am quite positive that me bieng the huge titan fan i am, i will get that moving AND firing down pat, and begin to wreck the shiz out of those lowly nod cannon fodder :D

Edited by Hirraken

Guest C0de_man

If all the APB players sitting on the forums complaining about the lack of players actually joined the server it'd be full... just an observation

And then everyone would get kicked for being afk.

Sometimes, because I too hate low player count gameplay, I start up a LAN server...and then run around by myself.

I do that sometimes on the server (and many others too).

Thats how most of us rank up so high. :madmax:

Anyways barns will make the time spend waiting for the new APB version much less of a pain.

All i can ask for from the dev is that its gonna be a fun, somewhat balanced and somewhat glitchless game.

Where are the testers? I want them to testify about the state of the game: is it balanced, stable, and FUN enough for a public debut? It would suck to have another APB Gamma where huge amounts of people play for the first few weeks and then gradually leave because the game isn't enjoyable enough. On the upside, you guys don't have an established player base which expects a certain style of gameplay for Reborn unlike with Gamma so you don't have to worry about people leaving because you've changed it too much.

How is the gameplay anyways? Is it unique compared to APB? Does it feel right for a Tiberian Sun based FPS?

Will the server and modding packages be ready right off the bat? Since there is only one official server even if you guys managed to stir up major hype for the release many people might not be able to play it. I remember during the release of Gamma the main server was full most of the time and sometimes the second was as well. How does the in-launcher server tracker work anyway? I've never seen any unofficial servers listed so I'm assuming it only lists servers that BHP deems proper for inclusion, but couldn't you have it list ALL the servers people are running so that there will always be enough room for players? (If it already does this and people simply aren't running servers than ignore that part). Barring that, can’t you at least get several major partners on board to run servers for the game? Maybe contact EA_CIRE to officially announce it on the Command and Conquer forums? Allow people to get it from Origin? (That last one is kind of terrible, though – but it might allow the game to reach a greater audience than those that know about ModDB). Also mod tools would be nice to allow the community to develop its own maps, etc. though modding isn’t as prevalent these days because of the shift to console gaming.

Here's a tester and yes it's close to being ready to being released, is fun, and like said before the things that need worked on are getting worked on.

There's a definite difference in game play but you have to remember that all these use the same engine so you'll obviously see some similarities that will stick.

And about servers I believe there's a server list that the server has to get added to to be on the launcher's server list.

Edited by Xyrom

(And please for the sake of the game don't force people to tinker with the Nvidia Control Panel to start it up.

We didn't, NVIDIA caused that bug due to a change in their drivers, long after Gamma was released. How were we supposed to guess they would do that and add something to fix it before it happened? Scripts 4.0 has since been updated to work around the problem, so TS:Reborn and, in fact, any future versions of RA:APB will work without the control panel fix.

Will the server and modding packages be ready right off the bat? Since there is only one official server even if you guys managed to stir up major hype for the release many people might not be able to play it. I remember during the release of Gamma the main server was full most of the time and sometimes the second was as well.

We have capacity for up to three official servers, we'll load up more servers based on demand. I'm not sure if the server pack will be available on day one, but it'll certainly be available shortly thereafter if not. I'll probably be putting together an installer for that.

How does the in-launcher server tracker work anyway? I've never seen any unofficial servers listed so I'm assuming it only lists servers that BHP deems proper for inclusion, but couldn't you have it list ALL the servers people are running so that there will always be enough room for players?

The new launcher, which will ship with Reborn, gets it's server listing from an XML file on the BHP backend. This file is currently updated manually with new servers, so anyone who would like their server listing can contact me to have it added. In future we'll be setting up a plugin that'll talk to the backend and add servers when they are live (and remove them when they are dead)

Will there be a significant advertising campaign?

Yes.

Guest SiminaI

:airquote: So,play RA:APB to wait TS:R release. :airquote:

NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS THAT GAME ANYMORE

Gawd damn, 3 v 3 is so FUCKING boring.

I long for ginormous, max player battles.

TS:R will have wicked map appeal, IMO. The maps are so much more cooler in it than APB.

But yeah, the release of TS:R should be fun. Thanks for the continued modding devs! Me being mr. C&C nostalgia man, I'm gonna play the shit outta this.

I still play the shit outta APB, but... theres just nobody around... and that makes me a sad panda.

I'm just To spite. lol

Guest Timeaua

Finally underground units for Nod! I loved them in the reborn release 2003 ;-)

Im really happy that the BHP took over this project, as I were first sceptic, that it would get a APB clone. When I think of the old days where Reborn fanboys and APB fanboys hated each other, no one would have predicted that the APB team bring this thing to a final release

Edited by Timeaua

Underground units are probably the biggest thing which will make the Reborn gameplay unique from other games. Base rushes have a lot different meaning now and sitting in base watching the incoming enemies from sides won't be enough anymore :p

Not to mention trolling infantry and squishing them from the ground...

Underground units are probably the biggest thing which will make the Reborn gameplay unique from other games. Base rushes have a lot different meaning now and sitting in base watching the incoming enemies from sides won't be enough anymore :p

*Ohnomnomnomnom*

But then again, it doesn't always work out like you intended it to work out.

Screenshot31-1_zpsdedb151c.png

Guest Timeaua

*Ohnomnomnomnom*

But then again, it doesn't always work out like you intended it to work out.

Screenshot31-1_zpsdedb151c.png

* Added no-digging zone to GDI base on TS_Isles, TS_Cliffs, TS_Grandcanyon

Seems that it wont happen again ;-)

I always liked to play with the juggernaut 10 years ago. It had a nice splash damage. Sad, that its borked... whatever that means^^

Edited by Timeaua

I always liked to play with the juggernaut 10 years ago. It had a nice splash damage. Sad, that its borked... whatever that means^^

If it's borked, it means it's broken.

Guest Timeaua

If it's borked, it means it's broken.

Ah ok.

Anyway Im also happy, that I can finally finish my maps as fanmaps that Ive made for this game

TS_Plateau, TS_Tiber and TS_Cold_Retraction2 will play great, im pretty sure ;-)

Guest Timeaua

How many maps will there be at release? TS_Isles, TS_Cliffs, TS_Grandcanyon, TS_Shallows, TS_Snow, TS_Freezeover, TS_Ice_Tales...

In the last blog it was 16. But is this true? Would be nice, if reborn ships with that many maps.

Guest APB_ICE

Hey, look on the bright side! In the next APB version, at least you'll have the NPC Tech's to keep you company. :downs: 8) :downs:

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Generalcamo

What exactly was the problem with the Juggernaut? Was it deploying badly, or was there problems with the 3 turrets (which happened even in my test build)?

Will GDI get a Placeholder unit?

What exactly was the problem with the Juggernaut? Was it deploying badly, or was there problems with the 3 turrets (which happened even in my test build)?

Right now its ice skating, poorly rigged, and doesn't do very much in the attack department. It'll be back soon in the first public patch.

It doesn't animate properly and it's awkward as hell to hit anything with. We'll patch it back in when it's fixed.

Guest KevinLancaster

They weren't in Vanilla TS anyways, were they?

Hey, look on the bright side! In the next APB version, at least you'll have the NPC Tech's to keep you company. :downs: 8) :downs:

Yes, and then I'll turn on Friendly Fire and KILL 'EM ALL! THINKING THEY COULD GO ON VACATION AND FORCE ME TO REPAIR THE BASE! WHO HAS THE FINAL LAUGH NOW!

Guest Timeaua

chronojam wrote something about EMP mines. Which unit will have them? The mobile EMP-tank from firestorm? Or the limped Drones?

chronojam wrote something about EMP mines. Which unit will have them? The mobile EMP-tank from firestorm? Or the limped Drones?

EMP-Tanks will come in a later release. The unit with the EMP mines is the Riot Trooper. The Riot Trooper is an awesome unit, at least, that's my opinion.

Guest nomaner

Do the riot troopers have Riot Shields and rubber bullets in guns as well? Also, why would you use Riot Troopers unless your planning on a co-op map based off that one GDI mission?

Do the riot troopers have Riot Shields and rubber bullets in guns as well? Also, why would you use Riot Troopers unless your planning on a co-op map based off that one GDI mission?

They carry EMP mines and Shotguns with lethal ammo. There really fun units ;)

Guest KevinLancaster

Black7Cloud asked in the Youtube comments, "Is this an old build of my map? There's some stuff missing."

Who is he, why does he have links to an old copy of Reborn in some of his video descriptions, and is this true?