Blog 17- After the Storm

Even though we FINALLY have got a public playable release out to the public, this doesn't mean we get to relax. The TSR team has been hard at work making sure that we keep finding ways to make TSR better and better.

Here is a bit of what we have been working on.

Launcher how-to.png

Terrortowers has been hard at work with a quick-start how-to User Guide that includes info about the launcher and TSR's gameplay. This should help bring players up to speed if they haven't tried Renegade or A Path Beyond before.

post-3586-0-61494700-1370912676_thumb.png post-3586-0-96373700-1370912683_thumb.png

We have also seen and heard your cries about the "too much green scopes" So we have been re-doing team to make them a bit more user friendly. These are just WIP screenshots.

OWA and Fabian have been hard at work repairing the broken hitboxes reported in the last blog.

Dtrngd has been working on a new balance patch to also go along with the hit box fix. Here's what we have for right now.

* Added projectile extension again to Disruptor, Knife and Crowbar

* Added vehicle blocker to tunnel entrances on TS_Field
* Added minimal spray to Umagon Sniper Rifle
* Added score/money reward for disarming EMP mines
* Added AA Missile Launcher to GDI Officer's weapon list
* Added $200 cost to GDI Disc Thrower and Nod Rocket Soldier
* Increased Officer/Elite Cadre costs to $300, no Barracks/HON required to purchase
* Increased Medic healing range by 66%
* Increased damage and clip sizes of Uzi weapons slightly
* Increased Toxin Rifle velocity by 50
* Increased Cyborg running speeds slightly
* Increased Ghost Stalker ammo velocity and damage, passes through first infantry target
* Increased Ghost Stalker splash damage radius
* Increased Devil's Tongue's damage by 50%
* Increased Wolverine ammo velocity by 200
* Increased deployed Tick Tank armor resistances even further
* Increased Stealth Tank damage
* Increased Cyborg Reaper rocket damage
* Increased Cyborg Reaper web radius
* Increased Cyborg Commando splash damage radius
* Increased Laser type weapons damage against infantry
* Increased Missile Launcher damage vs non-air slightly
* Increased Elite Cadre grenade launcher radius
* Changed Cyborg Commando weapon: less impact damage, more splash damage
* Fixed Nod Lasers on TS_Snow
* Fixed hole in terrain on TS_Snow
* Fixed map-blockers on TS_GrandCanyon
* Fixed pool party in Hand of Nod on TS_Isles
* Decreased Hover MRLS range by 10 meters
* Decreased Jumpjet Rifle range by 10 meters
* Decreased Toxin Rifle ammo spray to half
* Decreased Jumpjet Rifle damage by 15%
* Decreased Elite Cadre weapon switch time by 20%
* Decreased Elite Cadre Rifle/Grenade-Launcher reload times
* Decreased Wolverine ammo spray to half
* Removed S.A.M Trooper from the purchase list
As you can see from the list we are doing away with the SAM trooper and moving his AA rocket launcher over to the GDI Officers. You'll also notice that the Disk Thrower and Nod Rocket Soldier are moving up in price BUT both will still be able to be purchased after the Bar and or HON are down, along with the Officer/Cadre. This should give you more options when your factories and barracks/hand are down.
Saberhawk has been working on a few cool things lately. Improving the FPS problem and even some cool new things involving the Ion Storms.
Wallywood (me) has been coming up with new plans and add on features for future patches. Some of these ideas mean that you will get to see things like Carry-Alls, The Temple of Nod, the Forgotten, and drop pods.
We also have a cool new Steam group for TSR thanks to Garrus
Be sure to stop by and join ...ITS FREE ;)
Renardin has started working on the Toxin nade and has also been digging up tons of new assets that we could use, we'll show those off later. They'll likely be used as part of the veterancy system.
Beerinator has textured the Vet icons
post-3586-0-37573300-1370845671_thumb.jpg
We are going to start planning and working on the Veterancy logic and upgrades in detail and bringing you more information soon.
So be sure to stay tuned.

Guest Sonarpulse

Yeah, I read the forgotten were original supposed to be a separate faction, would be cool to do that and have 3 way battles if TT can get the engine to support that (s/bool/short/g, g2g!). Yuri would also benefit...

Yeah, I read the forgotten were original supposed to be a separate faction, would be cool to do that and have 3 way battles if TT can get the engine to support that (s/bool/short/g, g2g!). Yuri would also benefit...

What about superwerpons?

Yes, both are in the plans to make it into the game at a later patch.

Guest Timeaua

Just an idea, but what about a destroyed war factory, which can still produce transporting vehicles (AAPC and Underground APC). its always a shit game, if the war factroy gets destroyed on TS_shallow.

Or if this is a stupid idea, what about adding respawning civilian vehicles like the caravan on shallow for both teams?

Just an idea, but what about a destroyed war factory, which can still produce transporting vehicles (AAPC and Underground APC). its always a shit game, if the war factroy gets destroyed on TS_shallow.

Or if this is a stupid idea, what about adding respawning civilian vehicles like the caravan on shallow for both teams?

We have something planned for this. Although I have to say that one of your suggestions isn't far off from what we've discussed.

Guest Timeaua

We have something planned for this. Although I have to say that one of your suggestions isn't far off from what we've discussed.

Cool. I think youve done a good job with your balancing decissions. But there are some things I dont understand:

* Added projectile extension again to Disruptor, Knife and Crowbar Dont the Flametank would need this extension, too?

* Added minimal spray to Umagon Sniper Rifle Why that? I think the toxin trooper will be much better with its new balance, than umagan then

* Increased deployed Tick Tank armor resistances even further I think they are just fine for 800$. Dont buff them more.

* Increased Stealth Tank damage Since turrets dont detect stealth tanks, they dont need to be more powerful.

Edited by Timeaua

Guest Metaridley

>What about superwerpons?

Yes, both are in the plans to make it into the game at a later patch.

all four super weapons? ion cannon and multi missle is 100% in the game - but firestorm generator and chemical missle? for the chemical missle, we need veinholes. come this freaking vehicle destroing-thing in the game? o.o

Guest Ransik

What about the following???

1. have stairs, elevators and/or ladders to roof to all buildings

2. flare indication for chopper landing as in apb

3. multiple sd and helipads like apb

4. door damage as in apb (like wf gates)

5. have crane and sparkles before spawning purchased vehicles in wf as in apb. You know i just suddenly died and i didn't have enough time to get out when someone purchased a vehicle.

6. devil tongue and sub apc should have a submerge and surface cooling period to prevent running away like coming out then back down instantly

7. mirror the commands from apb to tsr like !d since it's not working. Had to !donate. same goes to !n.

8. rebuilding defenses, silo and sd

9. building defenses, silo and sd

10. have starting cash $600 instead of 400

11. make the barracks wider, currently it's too narrow to move around. hon's bottom floor has too many beds. Too crowded to move around.

12. visceroids, tiberium fiend, floaters

13. why not make gates destructible and rebuildable

14. mm2's needs more health and armour. Given such size it should be able to crush nod's small vehicles (at least). Refine the aiming mechanics. currently it's awful to control.

Oh look at that, a new blo-

* Increased Cyborg running speeds slightly
* Increased Cyborg Reaper rocket damage
* Increased Cyborg Reaper web radius
* Increased Cyborg Commando splash damage radius

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Nod will rein supreme again!

4. door damage as in apb (like War Factory gates)

5. have crane and sparkles before spawning purchased vehicles in War Factory as in apb. You know i just suddenly died and i didn't have enough time to get out when someone purchased a vehicle.

6. devil tongue and sub apc should have a submerge and surface cooling period to prevent running away like coming out then back down instantly

7. mirror the commands from apb to tsr like !d since it's not working. Had to !donate. same goes to !n.

11. make the barracks wider, currently it's too narrow to move around. hon's bottom floor has too many beds. Too crowded to move around.

14. mm2's needs more health and armour. Given such size it should be able to crush nod's small vehicles (at least). Refine the aiming mechanics. currently it's awful to control.

1. I believe this is being worked on at the moment, though you can already get on top of most buildings already.

2. I also think landing flares could be of good use in Reborn, especially on that map TS_Isles where there's a good amount of congestion in the GDI base.

5. I see spawning particles already for the GDI war factory, though I could argue that Nod is actually Protoss by warping in their vehicles out of thin air. :iiam:

10. 400 credits is already a good starting amount since at that point you could only buy an infantry without spamming vehicles from the start.

11. I agree, the barracks for both sides, especially GDI's barracks needs to be widenened a little bit, and the beds in the HON cause a lot of rubberbanding.

12. Tiberian life forms are good for a seige/invasion map like RA_SovietInvasion_CoOp that zunnie made for APB long ago.

14. I think that the Mammoth Mk. II just needs a movement/maneuverability increase, and that its chin turret and SAM system should be controlled by other players that enter.

* Increased deployed Tick Tank armor resistances even further I think they are just fine for 800$. Dont buff them more.

This only applies when deployed, not when they are driving around in general. Currently deploying makes you a sitting duck with no obvious advantages (although it does already increase firepower and armour, it doesn't currently improve them enough to compensate for being a shell magnet due to being incredibly easy to hit)

5. have crane and sparkles before spawning purchased vehicles in wf as in apb. You know i just suddenly died and i didn't have enough time to get out when someone purchased a vehicle.

Why were you wandering around in the middle of the construction bay? There are no doors back there, there's no reason to be walking there in the first place :p Also the GDI WF has arms that move around when building things, not sure about the Nod one...

This is nothing to do with the game, it's the way the bot is setup. !d is not a standard command in the bot and nobody got around to adding it as an alias apparently.

4. door damage as in apb (like wf gates)

Numbers # 1,11,12,14 Working on that ,but may not make it for this patch

Numbers # 2,6 May make it in this patch

Numbers # 3,8,9,10,13,5 No plans for this yet

Number # 7 Server side

Number # 4 already ingame

Nice update :D but... that JJ weapon range... :(

Yeah, that weapon range on the JJ keeps me from engaging at all when I get in battles.

The range has been nerfed, check the patch notes :p

So now they should have to actually get in range of return fire to do any damage

Guest Szashka

bye JJ ;( you will be always in my heart... ... just kidding :p but if other wants that to decrease range of jj... i like it now without any reduces :p

Guest Xenon560

I was just thinking after playing a bit today. Should it be made that MRVs can't repair structures or repair them slower?

Its annoying attacking a nod base and instead of them going inside to repair like GDI, they can just circle the building with a couple MRVs and its indestructible

Guest Szashka

maybe make it like in TS ... something like reload when used repair tool i don't know how to name it... maybe it can repair like mechanic in APB

Guest APB_ICE

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Ooh... shiny! :downs:

Well, a destroyed factory can't produce anything, just as a dead Techie can't repair anything. :p

But they've already said that they're working on a plausible way to have certain basic vehicles brought in without a War Factory. :wink:

As for civilian vehicles, yes we need them on more maps, but I don't think they should respawn. Instead they could drive in from off-map. This would actually be quite realistic, as there will always be people wandering from town to town in search of supplies and whatnot.

More importantly, we also need actual civilians! Throw a few Renegade civilians into the villages/cities of certain maps, and give them just enough AI to run away hysterically when shot at. :v:

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Szashka

APB_ICE, on 17 Jun 2013 - 20:54, said:

More importantly, we also need actual civilians! Throw a few Renegade civilians into the villages/cities of certain maps, and give them just enough AI to run away hysterically when shot at. :v:

i like it :D and maybe add notice then they are under attack for GDI to go and save them :D Edited by Szashka

I was just thinking after playing a bit today. Should it be made that MRVs can't repair structures or repair them slower?

Its annoying attacking a nod base and instead of them going inside to repair like GDI, they can just circle the building with a couple MRVs and its indestructible

If this was to happen, then noooooooo :gonk: The MRV makes repairing more ... bearable. :3 If something needs to be done, what if it was limited? Or it could function like in TS where it repaired in "bursts" at a favourable amount.

On a side note, I think Engineers should repair slightly faster compared to Technicians. Right now there isn't really any use for them other than using them for base assaults. It would also give GDI a somewhat more efficient way to repair but at a cost.

Edited by Kai

Guest Mei Terumi

Liking these changes alot. It seems like you're gonna be fixing alot of the issues i've been having with Nod. The Cardra change i like alot. 200$ was already a fair price for one of Nods best go-to infantry. Now with his buffs 300$ is still a very fair price.

Small question. Goes the Projectile extension with the knife mean it will be easier to hit things with it?

Edited by Alucard

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Yah the Mobile Repair tank can rep buildings.. was this intentional?

It saves Nod's ass everytime, cause usually GDI steamrolls Nod.

Actually we've been doing some research on the balance.

High player games = GDI > Nod

Low player games= Nod > GDI

There are a ton of things that go into balance. It's not just about "X" unit vs "Y" unit. Sometimes its more about how units "X+Y" compare to unit "Z" and this team used the units properly and or used teamwork. With the layout of the game and unit features it is very difficult to balance a game like this. More so that one of the teams are based off of Power units and the the other based off of the stealth. What we can do right now is fix the units that REALLY stand out as over or underpowered.

Guest Mei Terumi

Actually we've been doing some research on the balance.

High player games = GDI > Nod

Low player games= Nod > GDI

There are a ton of things that go into balance. It's not just about "X" unit vs "Y" unit. Sometimes its more about how units "X+Y" compare to unit "Z" and this team used the units properly and or used teamwork. With the layout of the game and unit features it is very difficult to balance a game like this. More so that one of the teams are based off of Power units and the the other based off of the stealth. What we can do right now is fix the units that REALLY stand out as over or underpowered.

Yeah i've noticed that. Although i've seen Nod win quite alot in 32 player games. Some of their best units just need alot of teamwork to fully use and for that you need 3-4 people to follow you along.

Guest Zeta1125

Have you thought about increasing the damage of HMRLS vs infantry and vehicles, I've had some missiles hit infantry directly only to see them come out relatively unscathed; perhaps increase their splash damage as well, because if you don't hit someone directly with the missile, no damage will be done.

Lastly, I'd like to see the stealth tank, recon bike, and HMRLS gain some faster secondary fire missiles for AA, it just seems too hard to hit air units with these things. (Maybe even make the recon bike's turrets move up and down at least).

P.S. Are MRVs suppose to repair structures or is that something that just slipped by by accident?

Edited by Zeta1125