Blog 17- After the Storm

Guest cgf123

decent looking list - wheres that buff for Bikes?

they really need an acceleration, max speed buff and also 360 deg aiming (and again, if you have those silly stability issues after the speed buff, give them 4-wheeled behaviour)

the Hover MRLS is way, way, WAY more versatile and actually FUN to use compared to Bikes - and this is because of their manoeuvrability and their 360 aim allows them to hit anything with ease

is the Buggy getting anything too? i dont really see anyone using this unit... doesnt seem to serve any useful purpose atm

infact the Bike seems far better vs infantry than Buggy.... i think if Bikes get the buffs i suggested it would be fair to reduce their anti-inf damage, and buff the Buggy to make it stronger anti-inf

* Increased Stealth Tank damage Since turrets dont detect stealth tanks, they dont need to be more powerful.

are you serious? stealth tank damage is pathetic... its a terribly cost-ineffective unit right now

but can be decreased speed of repairings for that Vehicle? it's really too fast

its fine... the MRV itself doesnt have much armor - kill it and youve wasted their $1000 Edited by cgf123

decent looking list - wheres that buff for Bikes?

they really need an acceleration, max speed buff and also 360 deg aiming (and again, if you have those silly stability issues after the speed buff, give them 4-wheeled behaviour)

the Hover MRLS is way, way, WAY more versatile and actually FUN to use compared to Bikes - and this is because of their manoeuvrability and their 360 aim allows them to hit anything with ease

is the Buggy getting anything too? i dont really see anyone using this unit... doesnt seem to serve any useful purpose atm

infact the Bike seems far better vs infantry than Buggy.... i think if Bikes get the buffs i suggested it would be fair to reduce their anti-inf damage, and buff the Buggy to make it stronger anti-inf

* Increased Stealth Tank damage Since turrets dont detect stealth tanks, they dont need to be more powerful.

are you serious? stealth tank damage is pathetic... its a terribly cost-ineffective unit right now

>

but can be decreased speed of repairings for that Vehicle? it's really too fast

its fine... the MRV itself doesnt have much armor - kill it and youve wasted their $1000

It seems people don't even target those. They're the first things I attack when I'm GDI attacking Nod.

Guest The_G(ness)

infact the Bike seems far better vs infantry than Buggy.... i think if Bikes get the buffs i suggested it would be fair to reduce their anti-inf damage, and buff the Buggy to tank

Buggies are fairly good versus JJs, although their armor is so weak attacking one would be homicide-suicide.

Would be nice if buggies could take a passenger, although I think their fine right now for such a cheap and maneuverable unit.

Although I would note, attack bikes will definitely steal any thunder Buggies got if they get their promised mobility boost and if missiles become better at AA defense.

Guest cgf123

ive actually found Bikes far better vs JJs... again, their armor sucks too and their non-360 aim makes it a pain to target good JJs (or just anything not directly infront :/ )

but if you manage to get 2 volleys fired anywhere near the JJ, its guaranteed to kill them - they track quite nicely

i wouldnt mind the passenger idea for Buggys if theres really nothing else 'interesting' to give them

its probably worth noting that in other CnC games Buggys basically functioned as cheap meatshield units (low damage/high hp) for Nod... they packed a stupid high amount of armor per cost, making them a good complement especially with Bikes

Guest Zeta1125

Well if I had a choice I would make the recon bike turrets move up and down at least, like Alucard says, 260 degrees. Secondly I'd also make the stealth tank have a turret on top, much like the one in Renegade had (although I'd make it flatter and closer to the actual tank, so it doesn't look out of place). Concerning AA, I think all vehicles that launch missiles should have a secondary AA fire which shoots fast rockets and if possible (I know the engine sucked for this) 100% tracking. This would be enough to keep JJs as they are and not make them overpowered, because as soon as someone saw a JJ on the field, one recon bike or stealth tank, or cyborg reaper and bam, he's dead (Perhaps make Q the new net launching function key for cyborg reapers so the right-click can be the AA missiles).

Perhaps giving the Buggy a higher number of bullets before the need to recharge would make it more appealing.

Concerning the Wolverine (I'm sure you've thought of this) but couldn't you make the turrets follow the reticle and make them able to move left and right as well as up and down, this way the bullets can come from the turrets and still hit where the reticle is aiming. (Again, this is a pretty obvious solution and I'm sure you've already thought of it, so I'm guessing it didn't work).

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Ooh... shiny! :downs:

>Just an idea, but what about a destroyed war factory, which can still produce transporting vehicles (AAPC and Underground APC). its always a shit game, if the war factroy gets destroyed on TS_shallow.

Or if this is a stupid idea, what about adding respawning civilian vehicles like the caravan on shallow for both teams?

Well, a destroyed factory can't produce anything, just as a dead Techie can't repair anything. :p

But they've already said that they're working on a plausible way to have certain basic vehicles brought in without a War Factory. :wink:

As for civilian vehicles, yes we need them on more maps, but I don't think they should respawn. Instead they could drive in from off-map. This would actually be quite realistic, as there will always be people wandering from town to town in search of supplies and whatnot.

More importantly, we also need actual civilians! Throw a few Renegade civilians into the villages/cities of certain maps, and give them just enough AI to run away hysterically when shot at. :v:

You know the Air in Tib Sun is toxic right?

Also I will be posting these blogs on the Steam Group as well. Feel free to fill up the chat room and discuss stuff there.

All of them in the open for a short time. That or Mutants.

It also had a deadly effect on the environment and all carbon-based life. Between 1995 and c.a. 2034 it covered much of the planet, transforming and adapting flora and fauna to its alien nature. Spores and gases emitted by Tiberium-mutated plant life had led to the danger of Earth becoming uninhabitable for humans, as the concentration of Tiberium pollutants in the air reached critical levels. -C&C Wiki Tiberium.

So give them all Gas masks then okay. :D

Guest forg0ten1

The air quality must not have gotten too bad since plenty of people were still kicking in cnc3. (But then again, I don't count anything after firestorm as part of the tiberium universe timeline)

Guest Szashka

maybe they haved GasMask but we cannot see it on TS models :p :P
and add for those civilians panich running like Technie in APB have :p "put your hands in the air" :D

After the firestorm event tiberium evolved removing the toxic gas but still kept it's other hostile qualities. Which is where it finally started the red, yellow, and blue zones.

Guest Generalcamo

They could have also partially mutated. Enough to survive the toxic environment.

Also, just because the air is full of a toxicant, doesn't mean people will immediately die. In Tiberian Dawn, it was described that a lot of people died, but a lot more had other problems, like Cancer, Reproductive Issues, Respiratory Illnesses, and more. So those civilians might have these problems.

Guest APB_ICE

Also keep in mind that the amount of toxins in the air varies a lot; Some areas are completely uninhabitable, while others are not much worse than city-smog, and some areas have managed to stay completely Tib-free.

And as others have pointed out, just because the air is toxic doesn't mean people stop living there; In every city there will be many people who are too poor, disabled or otherwise unable to move to safer areas, while others refuse to abandon their hometowns or simply don't care enough to bother leaving. Some will get sick and die, while others will survive but develop chronic lung-infections or other long-term illnesses. Still others will become partially resistant to the Tiberium's effects or simply never get sick, either through low-level mutations, immunological responses or just plain luck.

Long story short, put dem civies in da cities! :v: (and thrown in a few Visceroids while you're at it)

Oh, and when/if proper civilian models are made for Reborn (fingers crossed!), we can make several different types for different situations:

- Normal, healthy
- Wandering scavengers (Generally post-apocalyptic-looking; Gas-mask, hood/cloak, olive/grey/brown clothing)
- Sick but surviving (Bronchitis, etc.)
- Seriously ill/disabled/dying (Cancer, etc.)
- Mutants

Edited by APB_ICE

5. have crane and sparkles before spawning purchased vehicles in War Factory as in apb. You know i just suddenly died and i didn't have enough time to get out when someone purchased a vehicle.

Why were you wandering around in the middle of the construction bay? There are no doors back there, there's no reason to be walking there in the first place :p Also the GDI War Factory has arms that move around when building things, not sure about the Nod one...

GDI's War Factory has arms moving and blue sparkles flying around when a vehicle is under construction. It's actually quite... relaxing. Probably one of my favorite effects in the game.

Nod's War Factory has the vehicles just... poof out of nowhere. It makes it hard to tell if anything's being built or not. What would really be cool is if the War Factory for Nod didn't assemble the vehicles, but rather it had an elevator with which to receive vehicles from the likely global tunnel system. The War Factory itself would be just a delivery bay/final touch-up area. This has an added bonus of keeping with Nod's heavy use of tunnels as seen in TS while also being a reference to the First Tiberium War. Nod is still getting pre-assembled vehicles to the front lines, they're just using tunnels instead of aircraft.

Guest APB_ICE

Speaking of the Nod War Factory and GDI's robotic arms, there's something that's been bugging me for a long time. On the ceiling there are two 'things'. It kinda looks like there should be something mounted on them (like a pair of robotic arms).

Also keep in mind that the amount of toxins in the air varies a lot; Some areas are completely uninhabitable, while others are not much worse than city-smog, and some areas have managed to stay completely Tib-free.

And as others have pointed out, just because the air is toxic doesn't mean people stop living there; In every city there will be many people who are too poor, disabled or otherwise unable to move to safer areas, while others refuse to abandon their hometowns or simply don't care enough to bother leaving. Some will get sick and die, while others will survive but develop chronic lung-infections or other long-term illnesses. Still others will become partially resistant to the Tiberium's effects or simply never get sick, either through low-level mutations, immunological responses or just plain luck.

Long story short, put dem civies in da cities! :v: (and thrown in a few Visceroids while you're at it)

Oh, and when/if proper civilian models are made for Reborn (fingers crossed!), we can make several different types for different situations:

- Normal, healthy

- Wandering scavengers (Generally post-apocalyptic-looking; Gas-mask, hood/cloak, olive/grey/brown clothing)

- Mutants

Not sure how any of this is relevant considering oh idk all of the barnz maps have a fuck ton of Tiberium everywhere....

Guest APB_ICE

- Normal, healthy

- Mutants

Not sure how any of this is relevant considering oh idk all of the barnz maps have a fuck ton of Tiberium everywhere....

Not really. Some maps have only have a relatively small amount of Tiberium.

Besides, Tiberian Sun had a ton of Tiberium everywhere too, and you still saw lots of civilians.

Edited by APB_ICE

A better statement is where in the cut scenes or cinematic did you see civs chilling outside? You know the part where the actual detail of what is going on happens... The real Canon of the game..

I would say that the interiors of some buildings (like subterranean dwellings) could have civilians without gas masks. I would also say that heavy clothes and gas masks are the bare minimum requirement for anyone who wants to go outside, and even at that it might only delay your fate.

In general, society in Tiberian Sun would be a post-apocalyptic/sci-fi colony blend, and the ratio varies depending on the amount of Tiberium nearby, as well as the general architecture and intensity of battle. For example, the small home on Snow is a prefabricated shelter located a fair distance from the Tiberium and the main battlefield. Then throw in the gassed-up RV. This would play host to a family that's pretty well prepared, although for obvious reasons Reborn probably shouldn't feature children.

Guest Zeta1125

Because shooting innocent people is ok but shooting children is bad. Who exactly decided that that's the standard we should run in video games anyway? Shooting fake virtual adults (pixels) in a video game is ok but shooting fake virtual children (smaller pixels) is not ok, give me a break.

I honestly don't see why people are discussing useless things like civilians when we should be more worried about balance, new maps and ways to make certain units/vehicles more useful.