Blog 17- After the Storm

ive actually found Bikes far better vs JJs... again, their armor sucks too and their non-360 aim makes it a pain to target good JJs (or just anything not directly infront :/ )

but if you manage to get 2 volleys fired anywhere near the JJ, its guaranteed to kill them - they track quite nicely

i wouldnt mind the passenger idea for Buggys if theres really nothing else 'interesting' to give them

its probably worth noting that in other CnC games Buggys basically functioned as cheap meatshield units (low damage/high hp) for Nod... they packed a stupid high amount of armor per cost, making them a good complement especially with Bikes

Because shooting innocent people is ok but shooting children is bad. Who exactly decided that that's the standard we should run in video games anyway? Shooting fake virtual adults (pixels) in a video game is ok but shooting fake virtual children (smaller pixels) is not ok, give me a break.

I honestly don't see why people are discussing useless things like civilians when we should be more worried about balance, new maps and ways to make certain units/vehicles more useful.

If we dont kill the the Tiberium Lifeforms will :p

Besides Civilians play an important role in adding atmosphere to the game, much like a Ion Storm does, and they played important roles in the Tiberium Sun / Firestorm Missions.

On the Subject of Veterancy, I was googleing something pretty to add to this post when I came accross "The Civilian Armory" which would be a great idea for some maps if it were to be implemented.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Civilian_Armory

Maybe The building would be a place to get Promoted, or a place to grab some kind of extra armour or even a powerful weapon.

Because shooting innocent people is ok but shooting children is bad. Who exactly decided that that's the standard we should run in video games anyway? Shooting fake virtual adults (pixels) in a video game is ok but shooting fake virtual children (smaller pixels) is not ok, give me a break.

I honestly don't see why people are discussing useless things like civilians when we should be more worried about balance, new maps and ways to make certain units/vehicles more useful.

Bethesda...

Bethesda...

It goes beyond Bethesda. Notice how there aren't any children in any of the GTA games? Notice how it is near-impossible to kill a child in The Sims? Children getting hurt in video games can stir up major controversy no matter what. You have to be careful nowadays. I'm against political correctness as much as the next

guy, but there are certain lines that dare not be crossed.

If you really want to kill children that bad in a game, there's still plenty of video games where you can do it...

(one thing which stands out are www.silvergames.com/happy-wheels )

Anyway having civilians/neutrals/NPCs is currently not required in this game unless:

1. They're neutral, protecting their area and are shooting you first (e.g. mutants)
  2. Are part of special objective mission where you have to protect them and/or guide them back to base (like in one of zunnie's coop missions in APB)
  3. The whole map is located in urban area where it could make sense

Guest APB_ICE

I would say that the interiors of some buildings (like subterranean dwellings) could have civilians without gas masks. I would also say that heavy clothes and gas masks are the bare minimum requirement for anyone who wants to go outside, and even at that it might only delay your fate.

In general, society in Tiberian Sun would be a post-apocalyptic/sci-fi colony blend, and the ratio varies depending on the amount of Tiberium nearby, as well as the general architecture and intensity of battle. For example, the small home on Snow is a prefabricated shelter located a fair distance from the Tiberium and the main battlefield. Then throw in the gassed-up RV. This would play host to a family that's pretty well prepared, although for obvious reasons Reborn probably shouldn't feature children.

This was basically what I was getting at.

And we need civilians for atmosphere, objectives, etc., especially since Tiberian Sun was the most atmospheric C&C game in the entire Westwood series.

But since most Reborn maps are located near Tiberium, one would expect to see a lot people wearing gas-masks, dust-masks, hooded sweaters, heavy coats, cloaks/capes, anything they think will offer protection from the elements:

live_in_russia.jpg

16969576-post-apocalyptic-survivor-in-ga

3491699166_6f5a16aae5.jpg

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Metaridley

Yeah, I read the forgotten were original supposed to be a separate faction, would be cool to do that and have 3 way battles if TT can get the engine to support that (s/bool/short/g, g2g!). Yuri would also benefit...

>What about superwe

rpons?

Yes, both are in the plans to make it into the game at a later patch.

all four super weapons? ion cannon and multi missle is 100% in the game - but firestorm generator and chemical missle? for the chemical missle, we need veinholes. come this freaking vehicle destroing-thing in the game? o.o

can anyone answer my question D:

Guest forg0ten1

Titan damage vs cyborgs: will this be changed? Would be nice if they were a lot more effective against cyborgs. In Tiberian Sun, titan shells did a lot of damage to cyborgs, comparred to their damage against normal infantry. Currently a cyborg will win against a titan every time.

Yeah, I read the forgotten were original supposed to be a separate faction, would be cool to do that and have 3 way battles if TT can get the engine to support that (s/bool/short/g, g2g!). Yuri would also benefit...

>What about superwe

rpons?

all four super weapons? ion cannon and multi missle is 100% in the game - but firestorm generator and chemical missle? for the chemical missle, we need veinholes. come this freaking vehicle destroing-thing in the game? o.o

ion cannon and cluster missile yes...no plans yet for the other ones

Guest APB_ICE

>What about superwe

rpons?

ion cannon and cluster missile yes...no plans yet for the other ones

But... the Hunter-Seekers were already modeled!

And no Chemical Missile? :'(

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest APB_ICE

Okay just making sure. :3

But... no Chem' Missiles? :saddowns: Couldn't Veinhole Monsters be implemented (in a limited form at least) by making a third version of the Tiberium fields (besides green and blue), but with a different texture and changing the damage-zone to affect vehicles instead of infantry?

Edited by APB_ICE

Goddamnit ninjIce. I was about to suggest that very same thing for the veinholes after I got off work today, supplementing it with the numerous tactical options this opens up, along with the devilishly evil possibilities for future maps.

Guest tekgunman

Arty needs to be nerfed a little. The fact that it can fire at a structure all the way across the map, out of the enemy's reach, is ridiculous. If the driver is smart enough, he will have a rocket launcher and take out JJs with its alternate fire.There are a lot of things you could do. You could lower the damage, rate of fire or range. Take this into consideration.

Guest XD_ERROR_XD

Arty needs to be nerfed a little. The fact that it can fire at a structure all the way across the map, out of the enemy's reach, is ridiculous. If the driver is smart enough, he will have a rocket launcher and take out JJs with its alternate fire.There are a lot of things you could do. You could lower the damage, rate of fire or range. Take this into consideration.

if you're really having trouble with JJ's, buy an engineer or technician, exit your vehicle and pistol whip him using free aim.

no, i'm not joking. the pistol is the best weapon to take out JJ's in close combat, because it's the only weapon that insta-hits, and is more accurate then any sniper in Reborn. only drawback is it's low range, otherwise i would never buy a Umagon or toxin soldier anymore :)

still afraid that a JJ will steal your vehicle? no worries, JJ's aren't able to enter vehicles as a driver! just let him get close to your vehicle and you got yourself a good shot at that pesky little flyer using any weapon! :D

Edited by XD_ERROR_XD

I just remembered that, even in flying mode, JumpJets can ride in vehicles.

So why hasn't anyone loaded up an AAPC with flying Jumpjets, parked it behind the Nod base (maybe in water), and unleashed the swarm? That would be one kickass tactic, even if there's game breaking potential.

Guest ChronoSeth

I just remembered that, even in flying mode, JumpJets can ride in vehicles.

So why hasn't anyone loaded up an AAPC with flying Jumpjets, parked it behind the Nod base (maybe in water), and unleashed the swarm? That would be one kickass tactic, even if there's game breaking potential.

They have. And it's horrible.

I think the 50% damage increase on the Devil should have been postponed until the cool down was added. I already have seen the usual persons just sitting underground for like 20 minutes and popping up when they can. Now with the damage increase its really bad. And yes, you might be thinking who will do that? Who will play and literately just sit and wait and attack(when they can) throwing away ~25 minutes of game play. Well they exist.

And I agree with the artillery armor decrease, as I stated my story here; https://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26908

For the rest I am pretty impressed with the patch, again good work from the team.

Especially happy with the fact the JJ Trooper being able getting in chimneys being resolved.

Edited by Leo

Guest White Wolf

Seems the Nod Toxin Trooper is replacing Lillith Hespiax...I love it!

I'm very impressed with the mod thus far...except maybe for the Mammoth Mark II walking very strangely...but that's been a problem since Day 1. (Hello, by the way!)