Blog 18 - Patching

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since we last put a blog.. So we thought it's about time we did so. It's been a few months since I wrote a blog, but here we go!

Patches

We've been working on a new patch to fix a fair amount of bugs and so on, not to mention the odd balance change.

Here's the change log:

# Version 1.0.3
* Reduced maximum number of hijackers to 2
* Added a small amount of inaccuracy to the Artillery
* 10% more firepower for the Titan to help compensate for the aiming difficulty when walking
* Slightly decreased infantry weapon damage to Jumpjets (~10%)
* Reduced MRV effectiveness on Buildings by 40%
* Increase MRV effectiveness on support buildings (silos) and defences by ~700%
* New Confessor plasma projectile and infantry burn effect
* Tweaked Mammoth MkII physics to make it drive a bit better, especially on slopes
* Mammoth MkII is now delivered by an Orca Carryall
* Fixed a variety of map terrain bugs such as stuck locations, ugly seams and holes
* Fixed B2B on a few maps
* Temporarily removed Artillery from TS_Field due to huge imbalance

Expect to see this patch released within the next few days!

Future Patches

We plan to start releasing patches a lot more frequently, we had hoped to get this one out much sooner but the Mammoth held us up. From now on we are aiming to get small patches out with 3-5 balance changes or maybe a few more depending on how small they are, every week. This way we can see how well they work on a more controlled level.

We're also planning to introduce a map or two for the next patch which should be with you next week, wait a see which one(s) it will be!

Kane's dead?

That's it for another TS:R blog, be sure to keep following us here, over on Facebook and IndieDB!

Guest forg0ten1

A step in the right direction with the mrv. I still dont think they should repair buildings at all, but at least now they wont be as godly as they were. Looks like it's gonna be a good patch.

* 10% more firepower for the Titan to help compensate for the aiming difficulty when walking

* Tweaked Mammoth MkII physics to make it drive a bit better, especially on slopes

Sexy. Everything I kept was Sexy.

Except for one thing.

* Temporarily removed Artillery from TS_Field due to huge imbalance

This. This is sex. This is what I look forward to every night. I have yet to play Field as Nod.

Guest forg0ten1

in addition, in regards to the mammoth. I presume it's gonna get a damage increase against buildings soon yes? As it stands now, it seems the mammoth does less dps than a tick tank

Guest Ransik

Have you considered the following where i've mentioned before

1. elite cadre weapon switch to numbers instead of q

2. give jj 50 armour

3. raise the map height higher so air units can evade non aa units

4. increase the vehicle limit to at least 20-30. 10 isn't enough to play with.

5. if msa detects stealth or subterrean units, it should announce on eva to all players.

6. increase the speed and ammo to 30 for orca fighters.

7. orca bombers size is too big

8. mrv can't repair laser turrets

9. make it you can self destruct cyborg reaper, currently there's no way you can exit and save the base except with !killme.

10. have a backdoor for gdi wf

11. gdi barracks too narrow

12. hon's bottom floor's beds. Shift them against the walls

13. have a look at my suggestion for msa and msg's grid mesh.

Edited by Ransik

Guest APB_ICE

Great patch. Hopefully this will resolve a lot of issues. 8)

But for the next patch, please increase the ammo-velocity for railguns. They are too slow.

Also, the Mk.II needs a general damage-buff.

Edited by APB_ICE

As stated in the blog we are focusing on making few changes per patch, but more patches overall. Hence why we limited the number of balance related changes to ~5 in this patch (MRV effectiveness, Titan damage, Jumpjet resistance, Artillery accuracy, less Hijackers).

We have an internal list of balance changes we are considering which is going to be continually updated based on the balance changes made in each patch, since some changes might render other changes pointless.

8. mrv can't repair laser turrets

Actually it has always been able to repair laser turrets, its just VERY, VERY, VERY slow. Try sitting on top of one with an MRV for a few minutes and you'll see the health go up. Hence the ~700% increase in MRV effectiveness on support buildings and defences (it'll make it repair them at a more sensible pace, without making them immune to damage from the enemy)

Guest Gsharp77

Nooooo, my Arties on Field!! :'''-(. I dunno I think it takes a lot of skill and practice to to hit anything with arties from range. I hope they put them back on Field soon it's my favorite map playing as Nod. I think JJ on field balances them out because we have no automatic AA defense.

One Cyborg can defend a group of 6 artilleries from a Jumpjet quite easily right now and once Artillery have something in their sights they can just sit and shoot it from just outside their own base, which is almost base to base. The map is too small for Artillery really.

I love the Carry-All idea. That will solve a lot of pains. Just to make sure it's not possible, the Hijacker can't accidently Hijack the Carry-All can he? :p

Also congrats on exactly 1000 posts. ;)

H25EPk6.png

Guest NodFan

Sexy. Everything I kept was Sexy.

Except for one thing.

>* Temporarily removed Artillery from TS_Field due to huge imbalance

This. This is sex. This is what I look forward to every night. I have yet to play Field as Nod.

Thats not sex, this is sex :dong:

Guest forg0ten1

The projectile on the rail guns is something we want to change, mainly for the Ghoststalker.

Just please make it faster!

hitscan would be cool

Edited by forg0ten1

Guest APB_ICE

hitscan would be cool

Except hitscan would make the beam invisible so you'd just take random damage and not know where the fuck it came from...

Then how do lasers do it? They're hitscan and visible. Why not do railguns the same way?

Anyway, railguns should be the fastest projectiles in the game, so they should at least be set to 399 m/s.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest APB_ICE

Fine, no histscan, but they still should be set to 399 m/s. Anything less is too slow. It's a freakin' railgun! It needs to be blisteringly fast.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Xenon560

I agree it should be as fast as possible (without hitscan), so 399m/s.

I'm sure I have asked this before, but is it possible to give any homing ability. Not like rockets, so when you shoot it will go straight then curve near the end and hit the tank, but lets say the square is over a tank but the dot is slightly off (like 5 degrees), the railgun will shoot to the tank in a straight line.

Guest Mei Terumi

Still Disappointed not seeing any buffs for the Mammoth as far as rail gun damage. Although with the MRV nerf, GDI will have a much, much easier time with base destruction now.

Edited by Mei Terumi