Blog 18 - Patching

Guest APB_ICE

i wonder if MM Mk. 2 should gain a small sensor radius? thinking on the size of it

If anything, the Jumpjet should get a small detection-radius, since they could do it in Firestorm. Plus, it'd suit them, being scout units and all.

Guest SiminaI

So Orca carryall will release

ไม่ใช่ตอนนี้หรอกพี่ แค่แก้ปัญหาbugของmammoth MKII เฉยๆ

Not now bro,just fix mammoth MKII bug.

Nooooo, my Arties on Field!! :'''-(. I dunno I think it takes a lot of skill and practice to to hit anything with arties from range. I hope they put them back on Field soon it's my favorite map playing as Nod. I think JJ on field balances them out because we have no automatic AA defense.

But nod inf like Toxin trooper/cyborg is big enemies of JJ. :awesome:

Kane's dead?

Hey! I'm not dead... I'm just sleeping.

I think you aren't sleeping you just out of time hibernate.

Plus/edit - plz.change decoy c4 to small inf mine.

- does anyone have some video of TS:R superweapons?

Edited by SiminaI

If you play in the server often enough you'll see the superweapons now and again... or feel free to ask me for a demo if you are ingame, I tend to do them in the middle of nowhere for people to watch.

I knew it! I thought I was going crazy when y'all started pulling Super Weapons out during that one match last week! Darn! (Good games, by the way.)

Guest APB_ICE

The Mk.II needs much faster railgun projectiles more than anything else. Same goes for Ghost Stalker. The CyCom' too could use better projectile-speed.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Mei Terumi

why you guys dont increase MK2 firepower and armor? :'(

Firepower: Probably because Nod just lost one of their best units against the MK2.

Armor: idk.

Exactly what i said and i got thumbed down by it.

Guest Mei Terumi

Exactly what i said and i got thumbed down by it.

First, it's only -1. Second, that's an extremely pointless thing to complain about.y

It just bugged me that's all. I just dislike the rep system because it allows people to be trolled. Anyway, moving on,

Guest Nod9977

* Temporarily removed Artillery from TS_Field due to huge imbalance

I think we should remove all aircraft because they are totally imbalance right now.

I feel like a god when flying Harpy at TS_Isles

Guest Airking

i wonder if MM Mk. 2 should gain a small sensor radius? thinking on the size of it

If anything, the Jumpjet should get a small detection-radius, since they could do it in Firestorm. Plus, it'd suit them, being scout units and all.

yea, seems like a good idea

* Temporarily removed Artillery from TS_Field due to huge imbalance

I think we should remove all aircraft because they are totally imbalance right now.

I feel like a god when flying Harpy at TS_Isles

nuuuu! not the planes, though Harpy has an advantage over Orcas big time

i realised how tiny the Carryall is to the MM mrk.2, maybe a size increase is in the future?

It's on our to-do list. But we currently do not have the source files of the Carryall. But it will happen some day. :wink:

Guest Airking

i realised how tiny the Carryall is to the MM mrk.2, maybe a size increase is in the future?

It's on our to-do list. But we currently do not have the source files of the Carryall. But it will happen some day. :wink:

good! was worried, big mech, ittty bittty little transport XP

That doesn't stop Imperial Guard General Creed. He can sneak things bigger than the Mammoth Tank behind a lamp-post. :3

Can't wait to try these changes out!

Guest Retaliation

That doesn't stop Imperial Guard General Creed. He can sneak things bigger than the Mammoth Tank behind a lamp-post. :3

I dunno what you're talking ab-

39295_md-Creed,%20Tactical%20Genius.jpg

CREEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Guest Airking

I dunno what you're talking ab-

39295_md-Creed,%20Tactical%20Genius.jpg

CREEEEEEEEEEEEED!

well said, well said

Guest Timeaua

We're also planning to introduce a map or two for the next patch which should be with you next week, wait a see which one(s) it will be!

:) Maybe today or tomorrow

The problem on Crossroads isn't really that they can't be countered, it is mostly the fact that there are very few obstacles in front of GDI base and it's rather easy to setup Arties almost in any location and snipe from the elevated crossroad (on Field there is at least a cliff protecting half of the base). A bunch of guarded Arties can kill the GDI base in a relatively easy way, as It also takes some time for GDI to mobilize and get there, and once again Jump Jets, the usual counter measure against Artillery no longer works.

Guest The_G(ness)

A problem I would consider with artys on crossroad is the general open-ness and artys incredible range and DPS.

The open terrain on crossroad allows full-use of the Artys range, where-as another map like Snow has some natural barriers and chokepoints.

The fact that GDI's base sits in a sinkhole doesn't help either.

Artys aren't mis-used or necessarily abused with B2B and stuff on Crossroads (unlike fields). However, the unit gains such a natural height and clarity advantage on Crossroads that it may be unfair for GDI who has distinct trouble assaulting Nod's armor and bases without disrupters (who gain a natural disadvantage on the map).

Verti, you ninja'ed me. :(

Guest APB_ICE

To be fair, GDI can rather easily take out Nod's ConYard, Refinery and/or Power Plant by using Hovers and going around via the river.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest The_G(ness)

1 Nod guy in a MRV can fend several MRLSs.

1 GDI engineer barely outreps 1 arty (techies can't even dream of defending vs. artys), cannot effectively switch buildings, and Nod usually has a lot more than 1 arty (plus any other support).

Not to mention Nod can easily take GDI's Refinery and conyard with DTs and APCs.

Edited by The_G(ness)

Guest Mei Terumi

You know on Crossroads, that tiberium field just outside of Nod base to next to the wall, you can camp arties there and hit the GDI WF within the first harvester dump. So yeah, im just surprised no one has removed arties from Crossroads, theres too many locations where Nod can camp them early on from a safe distance and destroy the WF before GDI can counter back.