New Members Introduce Yourselves Here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, glad to see this community is still doing good.

Formerly known as rs4015, trying out this new name since it's more memorable instead of rs numbers.

I've been away exploring single player games for a few years but now I'm actually back to the real world of multiplayer.

ah ma gad so many familiar names :D

I noticed.. after reading all of this.. That I have never posted in the entire time I have been here.
Hello people of W3D.. I am Garrus Vakarian from Citadel Security. I haven't always gone by Garrus here. In fact some might remember me as Arbiter08. I practically spent my entire teenage life in this game/community.. I was only 13 when I started playing this mod. Here I am 6 years later..
Believe it or not this place can change a person for better or worse depends on your moral views. Stick around and you might learn a thing or 2. Might even change your life. This community is really small because of what we favor, but some of us will be bros till the end.
Anyway that was my sappy bit.. I'll see you in game.. Though you might not see me ;)
~Collar poppin, scope and droppin mother fucking Garrus.

Went over to BHP and grabbed this.. Figured that its message was true enough to keep going. I edited a little bit of it just cause I can. :v

Hey, nice to finally be able to get involved on the forums. Because of technical computer stuff, I couldn't register at BHP, but I've been playaing on and off under multiple gamer tags since APB went to Gamma. I'm very much interested in seeing APoc Rising released and (finally) getting to play it. I hope I'm not out of line by asking this, but why the split from BHP? It's not stated anywhere I've looked, this site or elsewhere, why.

Welcome to W3D Hub!

To answer your question, the split occurred mainly due to a number of differences of opinion in regards to community management, including the extents of moderation jurisdiction and what constituted abuse of power. I'm sure others can go into more detail, but that's a generalization of the whole fiasco.

Hey, nice to finally be able to get involved on the forums. Because of technical computer stuff, I couldn't register at BHP, but I've been playaing on and off under multiple gamer tags since APB went to Gamma. I'm very much interested in seeing APoc Rising released and (finally) getting to play it. I hope I'm not out of line by asking this, but why the split from BHP? It's not stated anywhere I've looked, this site or elsewhere, why.

Hello, and welcome to W3D Hub! Honestly, I didn't notice that we didn't have a thread containing information about the split until you pointed it out. This is probably due to the toxic nature of the discussion that usually follows this topic. As Killing_You pointed out, there were several differences of opinion that created the tension that eventually lead to the split. But we try to not dwell on the past and instead, look toward a brighter future! We hope you enjoy your time with us! Feel free to PM any of the Staff or Moderators with any questions you might have :)

I and I'm sure many others would like to see that elaborated on (I saw BHP's explanation and they too don't go any further in elaborations than "we had disputes"). But also, what does it mean for apoc rising, reborn, and other projects. One of the replies to the BHP thread said something about what are now w3d projects taking a back seat under BHP. Does this mean we can see faster development for these projects now?

I and I'm sure many others would like to see that elaborated on (I saw BHP's explanation and they too don't go any further in elaborations than "we had disputes").

Yes because how sensitive of a subject it is. The "most sore spot" if you will. I don't have the authority to post an elaborate explanation (as it would likely cause flaming, WW3, Scrin invasion, etc) but if you want to PM query an admin about possibly putting up a page containing just the facts, feel free to contact them (One Winged Angel, TeamWolf, WallyWood, Danpaul88, Moonsense715, Strike, Jerad2142) They are the proper people to ask about it.

Does this mean we can see faster development for these projects now?

We most certainly hope so! This was one of the purposes of moving away, as I understood it. Many here felt that they could develop more content better / faster in an environment different than that provided at BHP.

Things seem to be going well here in that respect. I would like to point out that while the ones here have built an environment that is conducive for them to thrive as developers, some stayed at BHP because they were comfortable in that environment. Everyone is different and when it comes to art and development of software and testing and mixing it all together, there are many different preferences at play. In my opinion, people need options. I hope that things have stabilized to some degree by now and that the awesome developers on ALL the projects have been able to just get back to doing what they love doing, regardless of which place they call home. I hold no malice and wish both groups Godspeed in their endeavors! (And hope that you all feel the same)

Hi all.

So, I'm new, sort of. More like, I've never been on this site particularly, but I've been around the community. Most of you who know me likely know me because of my C&C Legos series.

Just figured I'd pop in and say "Hi," I'm looking to being a contributor here, and I hope to settle in well.

Nice community here. :)

Hi there,

some might remember me. I'm NoSoldier or how I'm playing now as Waltsch. I'm around in APB and the other stuff since 2008 since I was 12/13, thus I'm kind of the same as Garrus. (Wanna have an Ore Truck fight again, huh? :D)

I had pretty fun moments in these games and well...

what should I say?

I'm from germany, recently moved and was in the last time kind of in a hiatus (personal probs and stuff) but I'm kind of back everywhere. It's nice to see some really 'veterany' faces here (didn't want to use old).

Welcome to W3D Hub!

@Zee - Your lego series has in fact gotten your name around! We're glad to have you here!

@NoSoldier - We're glad to have you back from your "haitus". It sounds like we started playing about the same time, I remember seeing you around some back in the day.

Hi all.

So, I'm new, sort of. More like, I've never been on this site particularly, but I've been around the community. Most of you who know me likely know me because of my C&C Legos series.

Just figured I'd pop in and say "Hi," I'm looking to being a contributor here, and I hope to settle in well.

Nice community here. :)

Do you work on Mental Omega ? Until yesterday for somereason I always read you name as ZenOfist probebly dyslexia . ( Wheres the spell checker ? )

@Zee - Your lego series has in fact gotten your name around! We're glad to have you here!

So it would seem! Thanks!

Do you work on Mental Omega ? Until yesterday for somereason I always read you name as ZenOfist probebly dyslexia . ( Wheres the spell checker ? )

Sorry, Zenothist is a completely different person. I'm not in any way connected to Mental Omega. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Doctor699 present and accounted for.

Formerly known as Cyberman and Cyberman09.

I've been around since late 2007 and 2008 when the Reborn Infantry beta was out. I'm recognising some old names here, amazing how quickly things change. When the Reborn team moved the mod to BHP around 2010 i believe, i lost a lot of interest in the mod. Now that it's become sort of independant again i'm hoping it'll reignite my curiosity.

My allegiance is to Kane and the brotherhood of Nod.

For the technology of peace.

Welcome to W3D Hub and back to the wonderful world of C&C! We're glad you decided to join us. Reborn isn't independent again per se, but rather just at a different home. But since the recent move, it has experienced a phenomenal progression in development, along with some of the other projects we have here. It has us all rather excited :dance: Anyways, see you ingame! And nice sig btw :D

• 4 weeks later...

All this time no new member came :DD 25 april 2015 - 22 may 2015. Probably the new members are shy, don't check the site or don't know english.

Or never bothered/forgot to post in this topic (like me) or realize that there are forums (again like me - took me two weeks to discover the forums back at BHP and actually get around to making an account after downloading the game)

• 3 weeks later...