New Members Introduce Yourselves Here

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what my screenname was back then. It could have been this one, but I've also used dgx2001 and Devil505 too, could even have been something entirely different.

• 2 months later...

Ive been playing APB for about a week now but I figured I should get back on the forums.

In game I go by the tag GDIrish.  I started playing APB back in...  .9934?  .9935?  I have a memory of playing the map "A Path Beyond," and being introduced to a bunch of folks, some of which are still here!  Looking at you, ChopBam.  I think I joined literally a few days before One Winged Angel did.  Sadly a lot of folks are gone, or I cant remember them.   Coolrock?  Was that one of them?  V0lk0v?  TruYuri, pointlessambler....I dont remember.  Anyways, I also was a conceptual designer for the mod for a short period, working on doodads, the service depot, the silo, and the power plant.

I left after college got too busy (and I only had a mac), and have since gotten married, and have 3 children and one on the way!

Its good to see all the progress and the community still alive.  It does my heart good to see it.  And Ill be around for a while!

Moonsense,

I enjoyed doing it when I did it!  I didnt stop drawing either, but now I mostly draw bugs, houses, flowers, and snails for my three girls.

I dont have time to do much of anything except raise my kids and be a good husband to my wife.   Its been the best thing I have ever had in my life though.  Bar none, the best experience.  I find time by making time.  If my wife wants to watch TV or read a book, I play video games in the two hours before I have to go to bed.

Has it really been 10 years?  I think I started playing when I was 14-15, so what, 14 years total?

• 3 months later...

Hi all! I've been around for a while and I have one son that plays W3d games too. I've found myself a bit more active here so I thought I would officially introduce myself.  I have a life ( a good one) that includes gaming but not 24/7. I am mostly on in the USA evenings but you might see me idling on TS, IRC but never in game lol.  I really have no clue on a lot of the maps so I am a total n00b and proud of it so your patience learning and help is appreciated.

Anyway blah blah blah Hi see you in game although you will never see me coming...... lol (I'll be the one dying a lot)

Wyld

Edit: I would love to be a tester.

Edited by Wyld

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone, newest member here. 

Fan of the whole Westwood franchise and Frank Klepacki's work.   

Composer here for a multitude of different styles. I worked previously on the soundtrack and sfx for this Dune mod if anyone remembers it lol https://www.moddb.com/games/dune-war-of-the-spice

Also a fan of beer and a certain cliche game franchise that has been memed into the gold standard of difficulty. 

Hope everyone is doing well and happy to be here. 

Edited by The Bard

Welcome man, good to have you. I'm not familiar with the Dune mod or your work, although I appreciate anyone who composes music. Make yourself at home and show us some tracks sometime! :)

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you made it here!

I was really bummed out when I found out War of the Spice died, it looked like it was going to be a great RTS and something I really looking forward to playing!

13 hours ago, TeamWolf said:

I was really bummed out when I found out War of the Spice died, it looked like it was going to be a great RTS and something I really looking forward to playing!

Yeah it was very sad, but life gets to everyone and stuff happens. There was a good level of behind the scenes professionalism that i'm unaccustomed to with a lot of first time indie devs. 

On 5/29/2018 at 3:02 AM, The Bard said:

Yeah it was very sad, but life gets to everyone and stuff happens. There was a good level of behind the scenes professionalism that i'm unaccustomed to with a lot of first time indie devs. 

It honestly gave that impression outwardly, hopefully it'll come out of being archived soon.

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody ;)

Im newbe here but also a veteran (if i'm allowed to say so) in our small C&C community ;)

from 2001 to 2006 a was  webmaster of polish C&C site Strefa C&C  later called Imperium Westwood (created in 1998) (we have started our project once again after so many years offline this year so if u like please visit www.imperium-ww.pl or alias link www.commandandconquer.pl) - so in the middle of nowhere when all C&C sites were down/ cncden/raden/planetcnc and all others fantastic places - we want to uplink once again our lost databases do the command center.

I was also a C&C Renegade Betatester when it was release ;) my first steps in renegade u can cach here >  https://imperium-ww.pl/tiberian-series/cc-renegade/cc-renegade-beta/ and my article - my first impression regarding C&C Renagde beta https://imperium-ww.pl/hq/artykuly/beta-testy-cc-renegade/ (all in polish but feel free to use google translate ). As u can figure out im not as young as i was before but Tiberium is still flows in my veins ;)

Born To Command! Command To Conquer!

Edited by Myla

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey guys!

Been a member over in some of the other C&C communities for years and recently found out about this one. I run a retro gaming website and youtube channel called Blake's Sanctum that covers a lot of C&C and Dune content. Also working on some C&C mod projects for Civilization 2 (20 years too late lol). Figured I'd join this place as while I wasn't a renegades player I love all things C&C related and was fascinated with the mod projects going on here!

On 12/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, Blake00 said:

Hey guys!

Been a member over in some of the other C&C communities for years and recently found out about this one. I run a retro gaming website and youtube channel called Blake's Sanctum that covers a lot of C&C and Dune content. Also working on some C&C mod projects for Civilization 2 (20 years too late lol). Figured I'd join this place as while I wasn't a renegades player I love all things C&C related and was fascinated with the mod projects going on here!

Cheers for joining and welcome to the community! If you want to jump into the ongoing discussion, hit us up on Discord here: https://discord.gg/jMmmRa2 

I'll have to take a look for your YouTube channel, it sounds interesting! :) 

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:00 AM, OWA said:

Cheers for joining and welcome to the community! If you want to jump into the ongoing discussion, hit us up on Discord here: https://discord.gg/jMmmRa2 

I'll have to take a look for your YouTube channel, it sounds interesting! :) 

Thanks mate. All good I'm already member on there, a the discord was how I found the forum ironically haha.

Yeah my youtube channel's C&C content is mostly OpenRA games and tours of some of its not so commonly known 3rd party mods as there's some great projects going on there. My Dune content is a real mix of original game footage, more OpenRA stuff and also various fan rebuilds of Dune 2.

Edited by Blake00

• 11 months later...

Hello! I'm new here. I've heard about your mods long time ago, and played some of them for a little bit. But one that interests me most to this day is apocalypse rising.
I've been tracking it on moddb for ages, but there were not many notifications then I checked if you guys were dead and figured you have awesome youtube channel, forum and everything. So I decided to join.