Tiberian Dawn: The First Strike

Bfranx

Erm... dont take this the wrong way, i intend no malice, but how can you expect to manage the development of a game if you dont have the time to learn 3D modelling/texturing...Surely they carry similar strain on resources :\

I actually hold down a full time job and still manage to make decent progress..

Edited by Shnappz

Erm... dont take this the wrong way, i intend no malice, but how can you expect to manage the development of a game if you dont have the time to learn 3D modelling/texturing...Surely they carry similar strain on resources :\

I actually hold down a full time job and still manage to make decent progress..

Sorry, allow me to clarify. I don't have the time to both manage the game and learn how to 3D model while being in college and working toward applying to medical school.

Hey Bfranx... Mind whipping up a concept of the Nod commando with sleeveless shirt, black goggles, and no beret? I kinda want to see how that turns out.

I feel like he should have the beret, but I'll pass the request down. It should be ready soon.

Do you guys have a website? I never thought to ask before.

We're actually just about to release our website, there are only a few more finishing touches to put on. It won't have a lot of content (because we don't have a lot of content), but it will have a forum and that's still pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a quick question. Would anyone care to remove C&C from the title of this thread?

It's a bit redundant considering Tiberian Dawn is in the title as well, and I'd like to have it cleaned up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question. Would anyone care to remove C&C from the title of this thread?

It's a bit redundant considering Tiberian Dawn is in the title as well, and I'd like to have it cleaned up a bit.

Done, sorry it took so long.

Done, sorry it took so long.

No worries, and thanks for doing it.

Edited by Bfranx

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the textured render of the OSV-96. Let me know what you guys think.

attachicon.gifOSV-96.jpg

There's no close-up images of it.

No wireframe images.

No visible detail that I can see which isn't generic shapes.

Most guns aren't shiny like that.

final_001.jpg

This is a far better look. Try emulating that instead.

There's no close-up images of it.

No wireframe images.

No visible detail that I can see which isn't generic shapes.

Most guns aren't shiny like that.

final_001.jpg

This is a far better look. Try emulating that instead.

I'll get some close-up renders and wireframes for you with the lighting adjusted so it's not as shiny. Not sure what we can do about the "basic shapes" thing, that's just how the gun looks.

EDIT: Looking over it again we've found some details that weren't added. They were mostly on the scope and its mount, but there was one on the body as well.

Edited by Bfranx