In regards to account data.

OWA

Since launching the community we have been hearing several users voice their displeasure about how the user accounts, pms and forums from BHP have been retained.

To rectify this, we have consequentially deleted all of the normal member accounts, deleted all of the old pm's associated with those accounts and also deleted the old forums archive (which date back to the pre-BHP days).

The stats have been recounted, so that the post counts match up to the number of threads.

If any users have any more concerns, please feel free to pm either myself, danpaul88, TeamWolf or WallyWood about it.

[danpaul88 edit below]

Your password safety

IP.Board stores passwords in a hashed format using a salt to increase the entropy of the hash. In practice this means that it was effectively impossible for us to read your password from the data we had. This also applies to any new passwords.

Regardless of that, we do strongly suggest people employ good password hygiene as a matter of course. This includes measures such as regularly changing your passwords, avoiding re-use of the same password across multiple places (especially anything sensitive such as bank accounts or email servers) and using a strong password which doesn't consist of common dictionary words or predictable sequences.

Your private messages

We have no interest in your private messages, these remained private for the duration and have been erased alongside your accounts.

i didnt had any problemms with it, it just confused me lol! but nice! thank you!

'-

That's no worries. We left your account and a select few others in-tact because you guys were posting over here without any issues. :)

Poor form, you should have consulted the memberbase or created a new forums systems instead of cloning.

I say this as someone who hasn't been involved with APB/BHP/AR/Reborn for two or three years now but I do check in every couble of months. It should have been opt-in, not opt out and given I do know the admins here I can trust you have deleted passwords, PMs and other personal information, but if this were some other forums I'd been a member of for 11 years and suddenly everything was effectivly stolen without permission (seemingly, from what information I have gathered), I'd be kicking up a huge fuss.

Not a good first impression, I'd have to say.

Edited by drunkill

Poor form, you should have consulted the memberbase or created a new forums systems instead of cloning.

I say this as someone who hasn't been involved with APB/BHP/AR/Reborn for two or three years now but I do check in every couble of months. It should have been opt-in, not opt out and given I do know the admins here I can trust you have deleted passwords, PMs and other personal information, but if this were some other forums I'd been a member of for 11 years and suddenly everything was effectivly stolen without permission (seemingly, from what information I have gathered), I'd be kicking up a huge fuss.

Not a good first impression, I'd have to say.

I'm just hoping you did get the FULL story on this and not just the stuff floating around...But glad to see you around

• 2 weeks later...

I wish we could opt to keep the accounts..

Anyway, try to find out how to join the mIRC server.

We could have kept the accounts, but I don't think BHP would have approved very much.

FYI this is also the reason why a lot of the permissions on the launcher are broken currently. danpaul88 is currently working on adapting it to support multiple permissions sets.

lol the warning i got transfered from bhp to here too lol (the one for creating a topic without a name)

Yeah IPB's warning system is pretty poorly implemented. Certain members kept their old accounts either because they were either active or part of the staff.