Stuff I make

That taxiway light contrasts sharply against the lo-res terrain behind it, although I'm guessing the terrain looks perfectly good from flight altitude. It might be over detailed for it's purpose but it looks good... are those bolt heads on the base also modelled out rather than textured on? It's hard to tell from the angle but it looks like they are.

The bolts are modeled in. The LP is about 2,500 polygons while the HP is closer to 500k. I'm aware that the texel density is jarring in a still image - this is because I made the light higher-res for animation purposes. The ground gets blurred somewhat as the camera progresses through the scene, and when it passes the light at the point in the still, it appears that the light pops out more because of the contrast between it and the ground. Plus it just looks cool. :)

taxilight-high.jpg

taxilight-low.jpg

My LP Jeep Wrangler, Border Patrol version:

wrangler6.jpg

Some old stuff I'm planning to send to Reborn, and potentially to someone here who's planning on building a Tiberian Dawn conversion that actually goes somewhere

I imagine some of this will need some retexturing to fix up portions of it

mammoth.jpg

Airstrip.jpg

Airstrip2.jpg

Harvester19.jpg

RFacilityNod.jpg

RfacilityGDI.jpg

comparison.jpg

handofnod1.jpg

refinery12.jpg

wall2.jpg

WF13.jpg

Turret1.jpg

wall2.jpg

Edited by Aircraftkiller

Some old stuff I'm planning to send to Reborn, and potentially to someone here who's planning on building a Tiberian Dawn conversion that actually goes somewhere

We could always potentially bolt a couple of TD maps onto Reborn in the future if the assets are available and we have time. :)

he made those models for a renegade map some time ago. i would even prefer to make a new mod out of it instead adding to reborn. the texture style differs much from reborn.

Edited by rackz

More specifically, I made those models for a series of levels that would've been integrated into Renegade seamlessly by using temp presets instead of a mod package or a standalone mod installation. You could've tossed it into any Renegade server and played a very TD-like experience without needing to install a standalone mod to get it going. The testbed was going to be Mike Amerson's (creator of Islands) Noddingham design that I modified extensively. I have some images of it at home. I'll post it when I'm out of the office.

The texture style is indeed different, but I feel that's a good thing. Far too many C&C mods have cartoonishly inaccurate textures and I wanted to represent the vehicles and structures more closely to what they'd be if they were actual buildings and vehicles in everyday use. Some of them don't hit that mark completely, like the Hand of Nod - four years later, I can definitely see what to improve with it.

More specifically, I made those models for a series of levels that would've been integrated into Renegade seamlessly by using temp presets instead of a mod package or a standalone mod installation. You could've tossed it into any Renegade server and played a very TD-like experience without needing to install a standalone mod to get it going. The testbed was going to be Mike Amerson's (creator of Islands) Noddingham design that I modified extensively. I have some images of it at home. I'll post it when I'm out of the office.

The texture style is indeed different, but I feel that's a good thing. Far too many C&C mods have cartoonishly inaccurate textures and I wanted to represent the vehicles and structures more closely to what they'd be if they were actual buildings and vehicles in everyday use. Some of them don't hit that mark completely, like the Hand of Nod - four years later, I can definitely see what to improve with it.

Do you know why the renegade textures were originally so cartoonish? What was westwood's intention here?