Stuff I make

It all really does look great man. I'm glad there are talented folks like you out there to impress simpletons like me with beautiful things such as this train :D Keep up the good work!

Also:

giphy.gif

Now if only I had the skill to edit the shiny train onto that box....looking at you isaac :v

• 2 weeks later...

Your company is starting to have a pretty big toolset. The main thing missing is seemingly an actual 3D modeling software that ties it all together, and can compete with 3DS Max (some lower budget competition would be very welcome as well...).

There is still very little competition in the 3D design software market, with Autodesk nearly having a monopoly on it.

Edited by Raap

So I've like been completely absorbed in customer support with the release of Megascans. If you haven't seen it, check out our release video:

Using Megascans Studio, I whipped up this ground material in about 10 minutes: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/z00y2

It's very nice to see you still around, after all the poop you had to withstand from the renegade+mods communities :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If I'm entirely honest I think the tanks are looking a bit too shiny, especially when attached to the train. They look too new.
With the train looking used/worn down and those tanks that almost look like they just tried to polish them up, I think the look/relation between the two could've been improved by decreasing the difference of the 'newness' between the train and tanks.

It's a very nice scene nonetheless though.

I would have said the same thing too. :) The trouble here is that they actually are relatively new. Those tankers are up to the latest DOT specifications to help avoid critical failures during collisions. They're maintained pretty well.

DP-CPC-1232-e1424829168341.jpg

If the camera were at the same angle with the sun in the same position, you'd see the same effect on these. It's not uncommon to see new railcars being pulled by older trains. :)

• 1 year later...

It's been over a year since I touched this thread last. Here's the latest stuff I've been up to. If you like surreal/scary electrical facilities, this one is for you.

jonathan-holmes-building.jpg?1522044054

jonathan-holmes-breakers.jpg?1522072011

If you prefer a happier, less imposing version, I have that as well.

jonathan-holmes-highresscreenshot00009.j

jonathan-holmes-highresscreenshot00010.j

Also, big news. I got picked up to work on the remastered System Shock with Nightdive Studios. You can see some of the work I've done on our live streams:

Congratulations man, you get to work on something you loved back in the day. This is incredibly rare especially in the game development industry, so you pretty much won a gambling box lottery!

I remember some of your earlier Renegade levels which were inspired by that franchise. 

Sometimes I wish I pursued a carrier in game design myself, but alas, "reasons", and the fact they have a nasty way of happening. :v

Edit: While I do not officially work in the game development industry, I've done a lot of "consulting" work for various companies and start-ups. I've just not yet found a company and game with a vision I can get behind on a personal level, and drop what I am currently doing to jump in. So, hooray, I'm very slightly relevant! Maybe! Alright, I'll just be quiet now.

Edit2: Unfortunately a few minutes into the video and the audio becomes so bad I actually cannot hear what you're saying!

Edited by Raap

On 7/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, Threve said:

I cannot tell which photos are real and which are not. Incredible.

This

Are we sure he isn't sneaking some actual photographs in there? ;D
The way of rendering them out really adds to the scene as a whole as well. E.g. the low light camera sensor grain really makes it feel like someone took a photo of it.